R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #14011

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi i was wondering what mods need to be done to fit the AE gears on? i would have to put on the small input shaft AE gear on as well right? and that would change my internal ratio to tc3/tc4 which is 2.5 yea?
It has been more than a year since I tried now, but if I remember right they bolt on. You do change the bevel gear as well, I think it needs to be either shaved down or bored out slightly .. or just shimmed. I can't really remember, so I'm not much of a help.

I found the v1.1 gears to be fine. Once I got away from hitting stuff at full throttle I stopped having breakage. I haven't changed out my one way gear in 6+ months, and the last time I did it was because the screws came out of the one way and ate the gear. But I also just race stock and 19T. Mod I'm sure would be a whole different story .. but the AE gears would munch in that environment too. I ate tons of gears when I started out with my TC3.

And yes, it changes your internal ratio to 2.5.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:22 AM   #14012
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks guys very helpful

angry asian where did you get your 1.1 gears from melbourne? if so which shop? metro hobbies?

i would only turn to AE gears as i can get them from my local hobby shop where as hpi stuff i think i'd have to resort to online shops. but ill definately try AE gears for the fact i can get them this week and have them ready to test out on the weekend
Old 03-07-2006, 03:39 AM   #14013
Tech Addict

Hey Brainteased...

I get all my HPi parts from MRC models in canberra..

When i got my pro4, Metro still wasn't handling the parts. HPi distribution has been very shady in australia in the past. Many model shops just did stock HPI b/c they couldn't get parts in on a regular basis. Not good to stock things that your customers need parts for... that you can't supply!! Bad rep!

new distributors now, so metro DO stock hpi or can get parts in. Don't know about their prices...

That said.. MRC is great... they're an online shop specializing in HPI. I've never phoned or even e-mailed mark and deb. That says something about their service. Always on-time.. always correct. They also take direct debit!

Their prices are MUCH better than your LHS.. not as good as OS but the difference is minimal when you consider OS postage.

their website is: www.mrcmodelcarparts.com.au

i highly recommend them.. you earn points on all your purchases too so you do get a discount later. The pts are quite generous...

Hope that helps!
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:38 AM   #14014
Tech Master

thanks buddy

but yea i couldnt find any gears on that site

or toe blocks

anotehr site you can try is frontlinehobbies.com.au
Old 03-07-2006, 10:58 AM   #14015
Tech Apprentice

There are some parts at www.rcmart.com
KillWency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:32 PM   #14016
Tech Addict

Hey mate...

Use the search function on the MRC site.. just chuck in the part number and off you go..

HPI europe - parts list:
http://www.hpi-europe.com/parts.php?lang=en&partNo=187

The bevel gears are part: 73501
Rear toe block 3 deg is: 75162

These parts are all there @ MRC!, Their site nav isn't great. It took me ages to just do the search, i pref browsing normally!

I've bought LOTS of bevel gears off them LoL...

Incidentally, if you need a main shaft then Pm me.. i have a spare to sell.
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #14017
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to blast
Default ebay hpi pro 4

hey guys on ebay under (HPI Pro 4) 5 days left there's a pro 4 with parts and BMI chassis kit, also stock.
it has complete set of HPI and Assocated springs
all the pivot blocks, shims, etc.
check out the pics.
<>< <>< <>< ><> ><> ><>
A Master key can open any lock, but a lock that can be open by any key is an sloppy lock.
blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:44 PM   #14018
Tech Initiate

OK guys I need help.

This weekend it is my first outdoor meeting of the year and it is almost certain rain. Problem is we HAVE to use slicks. Apparently they work quite well for slicks but I would still like some help on the setup side. The track is apparently quite bumpy (I've never been there) and is pretty technical. Will be running 19 turn and ive been told the gear ratio, depending on motor, is around 5-5.5:1. Someone help please!

Regards
Paul
pwracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #14019
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwracing
OK guys I need help.

This weekend it is my first outdoor meeting of the year and it is almost certain rain. Problem is we HAVE to use slicks. Apparently they work quite well for slicks but I would still like some help on the setup side. The track is apparently quite bumpy (I've never been there) and is pretty technical. Will be running 19 turn and ive been told the gear ratio, depending on motor, is around 5-5.5:1. Someone help please!

Regards
Paul

Try Hara's Asphalt set-up from the ROAR nats of a few years back. good starting point for outdoor.
Trinity 19T C2: around 6 - 6.2 FD
Orion V2-19t: around 5.5 FD

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:00 PM   #14020
Tech Initiate

its an Atlas 19t.

Paul
pwracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:40 PM   #14021
Tech Adept

Default xray sucks

hey guys the x ray car t2 is ok but ,A WARNING ABOUT X RAY SITE,i was on that site their a bunch of asses that run that site ,they will not allow free speach . say another car name they will remove it. also in a race all the cars are x ray then they brag about winning the race . final results from races only x ray names are listed . dont even talk about hpi vs xray thell shut you down in a heart beat . teamgp is the biggest ass of them all . removed all my post about the car. yea got to their site soo they can control the talk ,thats all they want to do.if the car has a defect / post will be deleted .

im happy at this site all you guys have open mines.
LORD SHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #14022
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
hey guys the x ray car t2 is ok but ,A WARNING ABOUT X RAY SITE,i was on that site their a bunch of asses that run that site ,they will not allow free speach . say another car name they will remove it. also in a race all the cars are x ray then they brag about winning the race . final results from races only x ray names are listed . dont even talk about hpi vs xray thell shut you down in a heart beat . teamgp is the biggest ass of them all . removed all my post about the car. yea got to their site soo they can control the talk ,thats all they want to do.if the car has a defect / post will be deleted .

im happy at this site all you guys have open mines.
Thought this was the Pro4 thread not the Xray After reading your post in a few different threads I can see why they removed your posts on the XRay forum
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:02 PM   #14023
Tech Adept

listen up i was in the xray thread at xray , they would never let you compare hpi pro 4 to the xray car . i like to have fair and balance car talk. i like xray tech i hate their forum that why im here. here in america we have free speach ,in other country its control speach like china no free thinking allowed.

Last edited by LORD SHADO; 03-11-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #14024
Tech Adept

Default pro 4

MY NEW PRO 4 WILL BE KNOWS AS THE( X RAY SLAYER).IM WAITING ON THE NEW STICKERS TO COME IN HAHAHAAHAHAH.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:11 PM   #14025
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Geez... its a XRay company thread.... of course they dont want anyone to talk about the Pro4 RCtech is the place to compare cars.
Sure free speach... not free posting Shane has rules here you have to abide by... so does XRay on THEIR forum
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote