R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #13831
Tech Regular
 
floodo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 452
Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies
the smaller bearing are very fragile...doesn't take much to break them..

stay with the original bearings..

ive been running ceramic 5x8's for awhile now. they havent broken, tho they have degraded more than the stock bearings do in the same amount of time.

they are a fair amount lighter tho.

they have a HUGE disadvantage in that you cannot use the load spacer in between them like you can with the stock 5x10's which means you cant shim your axles as tight

still tho i kinda like them
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:00 PM   #13832
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,915
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor 700
Another thing my inside tires jwrecks from left to right in a full throttle swepper? Thanks for the info.
The question doesnt make sense. Explain...
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #13833
Tech Elite
 
micrors4guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Covington, La.
Posts: 3,501
Trader Rating: 49 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy
Default

i think he ment to put his inside tire jerks left to right when in a full throtal sweeper
__________________
Rob Jensen
Thanks to the following companies for their support in 2015: Tekno, Viper, Fierce R/C Solutions
Items f/s: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/881006-radio-esc-motor-personal-transponder-f-s.html#post14056759
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #13834
Tech Addict
 
raptor 700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Myfas, Ca
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Thats exactly what I meant to say. Thanks for the correction.
raptor 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:40 AM   #13835
RSR
Tech Initiate
 
RSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 29
Send a message via AIM to RSR Send a message via MSN to RSR
Default

Is the Pro 4 Hara worth getting over the regular Pro 4? Is it worth the extra hop-ups?
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:46 AM   #13836
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 92
Default

raptor700,

Are you running on a track with a lot of 180's or tight turns?

Also is it foams on carpet or outdoor asphault?

If you are running a spool and there are a lot of tight turns and 180's then you would be much better off with a diff. The issues with the inside tire shaking is from a lack of diff action as the inside tire is rotating the same ammount as the outside one, but is traveling a shorter distance.

Greg
__________________
I'm not as good as I could be, but I am a much improved version of what I once was.
Greg45231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:29 AM   #13837
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR
Is the Pro 4 Hara worth getting over the regular Pro 4? Is it worth the extra hop-ups?
yes...worth every penny..
there's a couple of used Hara Pro4's in the forsale section.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #13838
Tech Fanatic
 
cartmen34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies
yes...worth every penny..
there's a couple of used Hara Pro4's in the forsale section.
I'm sure this has been posted already, but speaking from your personal experience, can you elaborate a little on that? What exactly about this car makes it better?

I've currently got 2 Pro4's, one carpet and one asphalt, and I'm trying to decide whether to just sell them and get Hara editions, or simply replace the worn parts and keep racing them....

thanks zombies!
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #13839
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,915
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Myself I would just replace the worn parts and get the few Hara hopups. The most expensive thing I guess is the slotted motor mount.... oh wait the shocks are pricey too
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:16 PM   #13840
Tech Addict
 
raptor 700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Myfas, Ca
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg45231
raptor700,

Are you running on a track with a lot of 180's or tight turns?

Also is it foams on carpet or outdoor asphault?

If you are running a spool and there are a lot of tight turns and 180's then you would be much better off with a diff. The issues with the inside tire shaking is from a lack of diff action as the inside tire is rotating the same ammount as the outside one, but is traveling a shorter distance.

Greg
Thanks for help. It is outdoor aspahalt. It a lot 90 degree turns. In the run lanes there is only enough for two cars.
raptor 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #13841
Tech Fanatic
 
CHRIS CHAVEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Weekend Warrior
Posts: 962
Default

[QUOTE=car

I've currently got 2 Pro4's, one carpet and one asphalt, and I'm trying to decide whether to just sell them and get Hara editions, or simply replace the worn parts and keep racing them....

trehanks zombies![/QUOTE]

hello,

i was wondering what are the main diffrences between your carpet and

asphalt setups besides foams vs. rubber of coarse?

for example, do you run one ways, diffs, spools, roll center changes, different

chassis or top plate thicknesses etc. thanks
__________________
"Dirt is for growing Potatoes"
TQ RC Racing
CHRIS CHAVEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:58 PM   #13842
Tech Fanatic
 
CHRIS CHAVEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Weekend Warrior
Posts: 962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmen34
I'm sure this has been posted already, but speaking from your personal experience, can you elaborate a little on that? What exactly about this car makes it better?

I've currently got 2 Pro4's, one carpet and one asphalt, and I'm trying to decide whether to just sell them and get Hara editions, or simply replace the worn parts and keep racing them....

thanks zombies!
sorry, i messed up the original quote
__________________
"Dirt is for growing Potatoes"
TQ RC Racing
CHRIS CHAVEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:55 PM   #13843
Tech Fanatic
 
cartmen34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS CHAVEZ
hello,

i was wondering what are the main diffrences between your carpet and

asphalt setups besides foams vs. rubber of coarse?

for example, do you run one ways, diffs, spools, roll center changes, different

chassis or top plate thicknesses etc. thanks
The carpet car uses a 3mm BMI main chassis & 3mm top plate; diffs all the way around. I've not made any other parts changes to the car. Just messed around with the setup a little.

The asphalt car uses the stock chassis; also with diffs all the way around (It's a tight, low traction track) I've also modified the stock Pro 4 top deck to match the Hara edition.
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #13844
Tech Fanatic
 
CHRIS CHAVEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Weekend Warrior
Posts: 962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmen34
The carpet car uses a 3mm BMI main chassis & 3mm top plate; diffs all the way around. I've not made any other parts changes to the car. Just messed around with the setup a little.

The asphalt car uses the stock chassis; also with diffs all the way around (It's a tight, low traction track) I've also modified the stock Pro 4 top deck to match the Hara edition.
Nice!
__________________
"Dirt is for growing Potatoes"
TQ RC Racing
CHRIS CHAVEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:38 AM   #13845
Tech Addict
 
raptor 700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Myfas, Ca
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

What is the difference between the hara and the 2005 edition? And cemirca diff balls worth it and what is the best company to buy from? Can someone post a template of the hara top deck? Thanks everyone.
raptor 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0