Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hey if anyone needs a ceramic bearing kit for their pro4 let me know. i have an extra one i got from speedtech. still New, the bearings have never been used. i paid $100 for it and all i am asking it is $70 shipped. thanks
Old 11-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

thanks tadeh! i heard a while back that there's a company that can do up custom chassis'. do they still exist?
Old 11-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nomaak
thanks tadeh! i heard a while back that there's a company that can do up custom chassis'. do they still exist?
the only ones I know of is BMI or PRP
http://www.teamprpracing.com/
Old 11-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

No Problem, If you have any more questions feel free to ask away.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

K. thanks! what roll-centres do you like on carpet? the car's been disregarded as a performer in most cases but i think there's some serious potential hidden in it somewhere.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

I use the 3mm shim in from and one of the 2mm shims in rear. I basically switched the front shim with a rear shim and vice versa and it worked perfectly. You should have 2 2mm shims left over.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

K. thanks! what roll-centres do you like on carpet? the car's been disregarded as a performer in most cases but i think there's some serious potential hidden in it somewhere.
My pro4 rocks on the carpet.. I am beating the RDX's and 05FK's.I am using the BMI 3mm chassis.floodo1 knows my Pro4 is fast on the carpet..
Old 11-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

share the wealth Kat....what chu got on that thing? sry to be hitting y'all up with so many questions, but there's only ONE indoor carpet track in NC and it's about a 3 hour drive, so going there often is out of the question. plus NO-ONE runs HPI there so there's no support. i've tried set-ups off the net but none felt right (too few to choose i guess LOL). on asphalt the car would rock!!! but it gets hard to tune once we hit the rug. so this season i've made a mod to the chassis (stock 2.5). since i might get a 3 mm this year, i may as well play around with weight dist.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:04 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Hello!

I just picked up a slightly used HPI Pro 4 and was wondering if any body could give me some tips for setting this car up? Specifically, I will be racing it on asphalt - the track is very big and fast, not too technical, excellent traction using 36R, but not so much that you have traction roll. Of course we will be running rubber tires. I plan on running in the modified class - specifically any where from a 10x1 to 12x1 turn motor.

Any guidance on setup and what I should be running would be great. Looking for everything from camber, toe-in, droop, ride height, shock oil weight, springs, and even sway bar selection, diff front and rear vs. one-way up front, etc.

Also, anything else that you can tell me on this car that I need to watch for - maybe things that need to be upgraded, changed, modified, etc.

I greatly appreciate the time and help!

PD2
Old 11-20-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

in all my testing, i found the kit set-up to be the most balanced. staight outta the box my car worked at 5 different tracks with no changes (well, maybe tires). but setting it up for carpet has been a pain. i hear going to the thicker chassis and upper-deck is mandatory, so i guess i'll go that route this year.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

For carpet a 3mm chassis is a must have,I have a few pro4's and my BMI car is really fast in 19T and stock.I do run sway bars(the 1.6mm)front and rear,In my testing with the Pro4 I did come close to the lap times(of the BMI car) with a 2.5mm chassis using the 2.5mm top deck,I'm sure with a bit more track time with the stock car i could match the lap times.The problem with set ups is the way You want your car to work and the way I want My car to work may not be the same.. I run pretty much the stock set up as far as droop and ride height go.I run 50wt front and rear,Gold springs in the rear and the white up front,4 deg.caster blocks.I run the stock pivot blocks(2.5 F,3 R)I have tried running the 2 and 2.5 in the rear but found that i have to run a softer tire in the rear and that slows the car down in the corners.One thing I have found is this car is body sensitive,On carpet the Mazda 6 has to much down force,The 3.0 stratus was good(I felt that it was a bit lose on exit with my set up)The G6 was way lose(It Did work great on foams)The body I found that worked best was the Nemesis for carpet.Something to think about when testing at a new track is by changing bodys you can really make some huge changes by just changing the body..For asphalt the Mazda 6 and the stock set up rocks..
Old 11-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

share the wealth Kat....what chu got on that thing? sry to be hitting y'all up with so many questions, but there's only ONE indoor carpet track in NC and it's about a 3 hour drive, so going there often is out of the question. plus NO-ONE runs HPI there so there's no support. i've tried set-ups off the net but none felt right (too few to choose i guess LOL). on asphalt the car would rock!!! but it gets hard to tune once we hit the rug. so this season i've made a mod to the chassis (stock 2.5). since i might get a 3 mm this year, i may as well play around with weight dist.
hey pete u forgot i run hpi
Old 11-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

katt...thanx bro!

regg....i don't have that DC horsepower you got, so a set-up like yours wont work in a less powerfull chassis.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:48 PM
PD2
Tech Master

in all my testing, i found the kit set-up to be the most balanced. staight outta the box my car worked at 5 different tracks with no changes (well, maybe tires). but setting it up for carpet has been a pain. i hear going to the thicker chassis and upper-deck is mandatory, so i guess i'll go that route this year.
OK. So it sounds like staying stock for asphalt is the way to go. Cool! I like the sound of that! Though I have not received the car yet, I assume that the manual has the shock oil weights, ride heights, etc. right?

Can't wait to get the car and try it out!

Thanks guys!
PD2
Old 11-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

katt...thanx bro!

regg....i don't have that DC horsepower you got, so a set-up like yours wont work in a less powerfull chassis.
ic well jump on the band wagon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.