R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-03-2005, 09:11 PM   #13291
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

having both the hara Pro4 and Cyclone... of the 2 the cyclone has the best overall corner speed and handling.
they are both easy to work on...
the roll center on the cyclone is definately lower..only needing 1-1.5mm suspension mount spacers .and sometimes no spacers... where as the Pro4 needs at least 2mm spacer blocks under each suspenion mount.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:39 PM   #13292
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies
having both the hara Pro4 and Cyclone... of the 2 the cyclone has the best overall corner speed and handling.
they are both easy to work on...
the roll center on the cyclone is definately lower..only needing 1-1.5mm suspension mount spacers .and sometimes no spacers... where as the Pro4 needs at least 2mm spacer blocks under each suspenion mount.
Zombies,
how did you measure the roll center in the pro 4 or cyclone? can you explain it in detail about the measurement of roll center? thanks
Old 11-03-2005, 10:01 PM   #13293
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
... where as the Pro4 needs at least 2mm spacer blocks under each suspenion mount.

What, it does? Why is that?

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:04 PM   #13294
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean
how did you measure the roll center in the pro 4 or cyclone? can you explain it in detail about the measurement of roll center? thanks
Good base info about roll centers here; http://teamorion.com/faq/car-handling3.asp

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:27 AM   #13295
Tech Apprentice

Default pro 4

hi i was wondering if any one had a carpet foam set up i could use for my pro 4 .

thanks matt
snap_u2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:06 AM   #13296
Tech Addict

I have both the Pro 4 and Cyclone too, and in terms of looks the Cyclone is much lower in every aspect compared to the Pro 4, and this is the opinion of a lot of people I know who have seen my Cyclone.

However, this isn't a Cyclone Vs Pro 4 thread, so let's just get back onto the topic of the Pro 4, as it's still a great car...
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:14 AM   #13297
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

Quote:
yeah lower roll center because of lower cg. therefore the cg leverage will stay the same between pro4 and cyclone.

and cg height is pretty important consiering that cg height has been one of the most constant improvements in sedans over the years...lower and lower cg.

look all im saying everyone is that they cyclone should be a better car than the pro4, unless you need shaft drivetrain.
this doesnt mean the pro4 sux, or that you will lose with it or anything, just pointing out that even tho hpi says the two should be equal, they probably arent.

i mean i dont even have a cyclone i still use my pro4.
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:37 AM   #13298
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ive been running without the front spacer blocks on my pro4 for about a year now on low/med bite sealed asphlalt tracks with great results. Its a trick i learned from the schumacher guys and really helped out turn in......it can be done!!!
rcdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #13299
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to josh69162

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodo1
yeah lower roll center because of lower cg. therefore the cg leverage will stay the same between pro4 and cyclone.
How is the roll center lower because of the CG? The CG has no influence on the roll center. But the roll center does have an influence on the CG.
-Josh
josh69162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:27 PM   #13300
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

the top deck is lower on the cyclone but unless you are mounting all your electronics on the top deck I don't see it making that much of a difference. The majority of the weight (batteries, motor, electronics) are the same on both cars. I just do not see how the CG onthe pro 4 can be "much much higher" to quote floodo1

Also as already said, even if it is slightly lower, I doubt very many of us could tell.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:12 PM   #13301
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

According to my LHS, the parts I want are discontinued. I'm wondering if someone on here might hve some they don't use.

I need the battery strap peices, from the standoffs and top nut things to the strap itself.

Thanks guys
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:47 PM   #13302
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh69162
How is the roll center lower because of the CG? The CG has no influence on the roll center. But the roll center does have an influence on the CG.
-Josh
i meant to say "they run the roll center on the cyclone lower because the cg is lower."
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:50 PM   #13303
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Scottmisfits i have that battery bar kit stuff NIB

i just need to find it. when i got it the whole kit was $20 but if i find it ill sell it to you for $15 shipped
Old 11-05-2005, 09:47 AM   #13304
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks FJM. Just let me know when you find it.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:29 AM   #13305
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
According to my LHS, the parts I want are discontinued. I'm wondering if someone on here might hve some they don't use.

I need the battery strap peices, from the standoffs and top nut things to the strap itself.

Thanks guys
You need this?
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote