R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #13276
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodo1
this really is debatable.

pro4 is around because its not a 400+ dollar car, its a lower level car.
As you say, debatable. I don't think anyone would agree that the Pro 4 is a lower-level car compared to anything that's available today!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:58 AM   #13277
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
As you say, debatable. I don't think anyone would agree that the Pro 4 is a lower-level car compared to anything that's available today!
I agree. Infact as for me, it is probably the best among the SD cars (Tamiya TA-05/TB Evo series, TC3/TC4, Yokomo MR-4TC SD and Alex Racing Stinger). The pro4 always had the highest rating in most surveys in other sites and magazines.

As the people from HPI/HB said: "We did not release the Cyclone to replace the Pro4. It is another belt drive model that we are introducing for those who want belt driven cars. The Pro4, especially the 2005 edition will be at par with the Cyclone and both models are our bets for upcoming races and competitions in 2005 & 2006. Both models were made for expert racers. Not the beginers or intermidiate. So now you have two options from our team, HPI/HB 1/10 EP touring racing."

Old 11-03-2005, 12:11 PM   #13278

Send a message via Yahoo to Hi-LowBrow

for 19T and Stock racing, Pro4 is the way to go.
Hi-LowBrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #13279
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBrow
for 19T and Stock racing, Pro4 is the way to go.
definately agree...

I ran my cyclone in stock...felt very sluggish.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:24 PM   #13280
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodo1
the cg is much much higher on the pro4 than on the cyclone.

newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:30 PM   #13281
Tech Apprentice

My pro4 seems to slide out easier to the left than it does to the right. I have noticed that the pro drivers have slightly more droop on the left rear of the car, does this cure my problem?

Do you do the shock collar tweak adjustment then add more droop the the left rear, or add droop to the left rear then do the shock collar tweak adjustment?

Sorry if ive confused you

Matt
Old 11-03-2005, 02:56 PM   #13282
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Pocknell
My pro4 seems to slide out easier to the left than it does to the right. I have noticed that the pro drivers have slightly more droop on the left rear of the car, does this cure my problem?

Do you do the shock collar tweak adjustment then add more droop the the left rear, or add droop to the left rear then do the shock collar tweak adjustment?

Sorry if ive confused you

Matt
Yes you could do the shock collar adjustment but do it to the front. So if the left rear droop is lifting up you lower the front right collar. This balances out the rear droop off power. If your droop is set identical left and right but the rear tires don't lift at the same rate this usually means your weight balance is off though. The collar adjustment trick should only be a short term fix until you fix your weight balance. I bet I confused you more than you confused me

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:16 PM   #13283
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do the Associated TC3 front castor blocks work with the Pro 4? I know there is some parts compatibility but I'm not sure if this is one. All my local sho phas in stock is the Associated stuff. I have my order coming but I want to be able to run in the mean time.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #13284
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
Do the Associated TC3 front castor blocks work with the Pro 4? I know there is some parts compatibility but I'm not sure if this is one. All my local sho phas in stock is the Associated stuff. I have my order coming but I want to be able to run in the mean time.

only the TC3/TC4 CVD bones will fit.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #13285
Tech Elite

Thanks for the great news Zombie!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #13286
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
I agree. Infact as for me, it is probably the best among the SD cars (Tamiya TA-05/TB Evo series, TC3/TC4, Yokomo MR-4TC SD and Alex Racing Stinger). The pro4 always had the highest rating in most surveys in other sites and magazines.

As the people from HPI/HB said: "We did not release the Cyclone to replace the Pro4. It is another belt drive model that we are introducing for those who want belt driven cars. The Pro4, especially the 2005 edition will be at par with the Cyclone and both models are our bets for upcoming races and competitions in 2005 & 2006. Both models were made for expert racers. Not the beginers or intermidiate. So now you have two options from our team, HPI/HB 1/10 EP touring racing."

what hpi/hb said is marketing. they JUST released the 2005 right before the cyclone. so of course they arent gonna say "sorry 2005 owners, the cyclone is better".

my argument is clear: cyclone has lower cg (upper deck is lower, bulkheads dont stick up so high, belts weigh less than center shaft, etc) idk by how much but it is DEFINATELY lower. that and the fact that the pros seem to agree that center steering is superior to bellcranks.

thats no diss to the pro4, just a madd compliment to the cyclone.
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:08 PM   #13287
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by newracer

as you can see the top deck on the cyclone is barely above the shaft on the pro4. so everything that connects to the top deck is shorter on teh cyclone... bellcrank posts, motor mount, bulkheads. furthermore the cyclone uses belts which are FAR lighter than the driveshaft, tho their cg is slightly higher than the shaft. still tho a fraction of the weight (of the shaft) fractionally higher is better than all the weight (of the shaft) fractionally lower.

i dont have a cyclone so i cant verify specifically how much lower the cg height is, but its pretty apparent that it MUST be lower on the cyclone.
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:20 PM   #13288
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i really dont think a carbon fiber top deck a few mm higher makes that much of a difference in the CG. the real difference in CG is ride hight cuz that is where all the weight is... sitting on the chassis. i have been told by people who own both the pro4 and the cyclone that they arent much different i the handling depot. i mean they have the same suspension. and as that quote from HPI/HB says the cyclone inset really an imporvment on the pro4 just different drivetrain for those who favor belts over shafts.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:55 PM   #13289
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to josh69162

newracer- Would you be able to scale the Pro4 picture down to the Cyclone picture's size? Clearly the Pro4 pic is bigger. If you were able to scale them then we would get a more accurate representation.

In terms of "which CG is lower," do you honestly think you could tell the difference between a CG shift of one milimeter? That's like saying you can feel the weight difference of going from 2.5mm chassis to a 2mm chassis. Sure, Hara might be able to do it, but I bet 8 or 9 out of 10 on this forum won't be able to tell.
-Josh
josh69162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:04 PM   #13290
Tech Elite

Hey people, look at your Pro 4 and where the motor sits in comparison to the top and bottom decks. Now look at the Cyclone. The top deck of the Cyclone is lower. It's pretty clear to me.

I own a Pro 4 and I love it. Whether anybody would be able to tell the difference in the CG, like Josh said, is doubtful.