R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-17-2005, 05:40 PM   #13141
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR
Hey rc-zombies,
Remember me from back in the Pro3 days? Anyway I'm back for more but with the Pro4 now in the stall. My question is do you have experience with the 2, 2.5, or 3mm chassis? I have a 3mm on my car and wanted to lighten it up for 19turn asphalt racing. I know the consensus is that thinner chassis generally works better on asphalt but I wanted to get your take before I swap out the 3mm.

Best
yes I do...the good Ol' pro3..that was a good car..and now the Losi looks just like it...
highly recommend the 2mm chassis for asphalt racing... that's what I have installed w/my 19T...big difference between 3mm and 2mm chassis...increase all 'round traction.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:13 PM   #13142
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies
yes I do...the good Ol' pro3..that was a good car..and now the Losi looks just like it...
highly recommend the 2mm chassis for asphalt racing... that's what I have installed w/my 19T...big difference between 3mm and 2mm chassis...increase all 'round traction.
Thanks! I knew you would have the answer

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:18 PM   #13143
Tech Adept

Pro4 carpet road corse setup? I have a lot of setup sheets that I downloaded from HPi but was just wondering everyone's personal setups that they run for carpet road track. I really want to get the BMi 3mm chassis and upper deck to help stiffen the car but what can I do to help me out now?

Thanks
DR.FeelGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:33 PM   #13144
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hara's 04 nats works perfectly with any parkinglot track i have raced on. its also great on good indoor asphalt maybe fiddle with a few things but pretty much great for any paved racing. that is all i ahve used for any paved track i have run on.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:44 PM   #13145
Tech Regular

Default Loose Wheel Nuts Wheel Nuts or something more?

Have had a range of problems, starting two meetings ago.

Firstly my car would "tumble" (crash) 1/2 way around a corner. The corners were diffeent types, it was obvious that I was not travelling too fast, and taking the correct line. Slowed right down, and car continued to tumble, maybe 1 corner in 10. Appeared to be random.

Secondly, wheel nuts on rear would be extremely loose at end of 5 minute race. Thou symptoms appeared at 1/2 way mark of race, pulling to left, or right. Put brand new wheel nuts, same thing.

Thirdly, Hex hub I noticed was broken.

Forthly, noticed that inside of RP24's was stripped where hex nut sits in hex shaped centre of wheel. Replaced with new RP24's, same thing happended after 2nd race.

I thought that maybe rear diff was somehow "sticking" and causing wheels to lockup and hence car crashing through corner?

Have rebuilt rear end, am rebuiding rear shocks as I write, will do the same to front end.

Am really not confident that I know what was causing mid corner crashing. But I cant afford to keep replacing broken hex hub, wheels, tyres, and incidental bits due to this problem.

Has anyone had the same happen? If so what resolved it.

Thanks in advance for help.

Cheers

Joe
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #13146
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
Have had a range of problems, starting two meetings ago.

Firstly my car would "tumble" (crash) 1/2 way around a corner. The corners were diffeent types, it was obvious that I was not travelling too fast, and taking the correct line. Slowed right down, and car continued to tumble, maybe 1 corner in 10. Appeared to be random.

Secondly, wheel nuts on rear would be extremely loose at end of 5 minute race. Thou symptoms appeared at 1/2 way mark of race, pulling to left, or right. Put brand new wheel nuts, same thing.

Thirdly, Hex hub I noticed was broken.

Forthly, noticed that inside of RP24's was stripped where hex nut sits in hex shaped centre of wheel. Replaced with new RP24's, same thing happended after 2nd race.

I thought that maybe rear diff was somehow "sticking" and causing wheels to lockup and hence car crashing through corner?

Have rebuilt rear end, am rebuiding rear shocks as I write, will do the same to front end.

Am really not confident that I know what was causing mid corner crashing. But I cant afford to keep replacing broken hex hub, wheels, tyres, and incidental bits due to this problem.

Has anyone had the same happen? If so what resolved it.

Thanks in advance for help.

Cheers

Joe
Check the pins in the hex hubs. Sounds like the hubs are moving/ slipping. Also check your bearings. Maybe you are getting lots of slop problems due to these. There is something wrong with the build- not the design of the car. Take apart and rebuild- sounds like you have a lot of work to do

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
Old 10-17-2005, 08:09 PM   #13147
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjm9898
hara's 04 nats works perfectly with any parkinglot track i have raced on. its also great on good indoor asphalt maybe fiddle with a few things but pretty much great for any paved racing. that is all i ahve used for any paved track i have run on.
Wassup FJM- Feelgood was looking for a carpet set-up That set-up you mentioned will work for me though

Old 10-17-2005, 08:12 PM   #13148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ahahaha good call. i just got the road corse part.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:45 PM   #13149
Tech Regular

Quote:
Check the pins in the hex hubs. Sounds like the hubs are moving/ slipping. Also check your bearings. Maybe you are getting lots of slop problems due to these. There is something wrong with the build- not the design of the car. Take apart and rebuild- sounds like you have a lot of work to do
Thanks Mike, Am rebuilding at the moment.

What is the best way to check bearings? I am cleaning them as I go with the RPM Bearing cleaner, and lubing slightly with Trinity Turbo Comm oil. Is that a good start?

Thanks for help.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:07 PM   #13150
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
Thanks Mike, Am rebuilding at the moment.

What is the best way to check bearings? I am cleaning them as I go with the RPM Bearing cleaner, and lubing slightly with Trinity Turbo Comm oil. Is that a good start?

Thanks for help.
Sure, any time.

I have the worst luck with spraying out bearings- they like to dry out even after oiling and seize up a few races down the road. I always recommend just buying new bearings or short term, adding extra bearing oil without the motor spray....Maybe that's what happened to you?

Old 10-17-2005, 10:42 PM   #13151
Tech Elite

Anyone have a 2mm chassis for trade? http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...23#post1878923

Old 10-18-2005, 05:33 AM   #13152
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default PLEASE HELP!!!

has anyone ever had tweak problems where no matter what you did to the car to try and get rid of the tweak, it wouldn't go away?

My car oversteers to the left and understeers BADLY! I know how to untweak a car, never had a problem on my Xray and I have driven someone elses Pro4 in modified so I know its not torque steer. Ive rebuilt it several times, nothings bent broken twisted, the chassis sits dead flat. What is odd is it accellerates in a straight line and is only affected when I go around corners.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone have this happen to them (or someone else) and do you know how to fix it?
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:18 AM   #13153
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Essnowyt

DR.FeelGood - What type of tires are you running? Foam or rubber. If its rubber I have a set up for you.
Snowy.

Drive it, Dont slide it!
Essnowyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:10 AM   #13154
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
has anyone ever had tweak problems where no matter what you did to the car to try and get rid of the tweak, it wouldn't go away?

My car oversteers to the left and understeers BADLY! I know how to untweak a car, never had a problem on my Xray and I have driven someone elses Pro4 in modified so I know its not torque steer. Ive rebuilt it several times, nothings bent broken twisted, the chassis sits dead flat. What is odd is it accellerates in a straight line and is only affected when I go around corners.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone have this happen to them (or someone else) and do you know how to fix it?

have you done the upper deck tweak mod...?

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:37 AM   #13155
Tech Regular

Talking

Quote:
Sure, any time.

I have the worst luck with spraying out bearings- they like to dry out even after oiling and seize up a few races down the road. I always recommend just buying new bearings or short term, adding extra bearing oil without the motor spray....Maybe that's what happened to you?
Finished rebuild

Found a part of the problem, teeth missing on One-way.... I am not satisfied, that that was the sole explanation to problem.

Oiled all bearings, I think that one or two may be dicky, have replaced.

Will test weekend.

Thanks to all who helped.