R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-11-2005, 07:23 PM   #13096
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to blackstarr7 Send a message via Yahoo to blackstarr7
Default hello fellow racers

Just purchased my pro4 last week.This is a big step up for me, any advice would be appreciated. hope to talk to everyone soon
blackstarr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:33 PM   #13097
Tech Elite

blackstarr- tires are 90% of setup. Run the tires the fast guys are running with the stock setup. You should be good from there. Some changes will need to be made to setup, but most guys or gals are willing to help you get the car hooked up at your local track.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:20 PM   #13098
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreasurada
Can anyone tell me where to get some purple screws or ti screws for the car? thx
don't settle for anything less... contact Allspeed hobbies and your self the Jwerks Ti screws...made of super strong 64ti. will not bend or the heads strip.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:59 PM   #13099
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies
don't settle for anything less... contact Allspeed hobbies and your self the Jwerks Ti screws...made of super strong 64ti. will not bend or the heads strip.
Exactly what im looking for. Thanks
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:34 PM   #13100
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies
d00d but less is more! i nominate take-off magnesium screws
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #13101
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodo1
d00d but less is more! i nominate take-off magnesium screws
But if you crash wont they blow up..
Old 10-13-2005, 06:31 AM   #13102
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to badKarma Send a message via Yahoo to badKarma
Default Quick Question

i am going to buy a Pro-4 but since its winter im going to be running it on carpert till outdoor season starts again. What would be the better buy, the regular or Hara Edition? On carpert what are the advantages of a spool and one-way vs the regular ball diff? Thanks
badKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:25 AM   #13103
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Hey all I just got my Pro4 second hand that has been run very little... one problem :

I need a ball diff for the front, the one way on carpet is not right... anyone have a spare that they are willing to sell???? please email me dkg96@jasnetworks.net Thanks
dan-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:48 AM   #13104
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma
i am going to buy a Pro-4 but since its winter im going to be running it on carpert till outdoor season starts again. What would be the better buy, the regular or Hara Edition? On carpert what are the advantages of a spool and one-way vs the regular ball diff? Thanks
If you are running foams on carpet then you would probably want the original Pro 4 as there will be less chassis flex, if running rubbers then go for the Hara edition.
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:33 AM   #13105
Tech Adept

I'd suggest going with the Hara kit since buying a stiffer upper deck and differential is cheaper than buying the new shocks, motor mount, input shafts, spool, and differential. Not to mention the Hara included the 0 and 2 degree toe blocks which are commonly used on carpet, as well as the delrin outdrives and the new T-nut saving you further investment
tcdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:44 AM   #13106
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma
I am selling my Pro 4 which once uppon a time was a regular one,but now it is a Hara edition.With tons of hop-ups,and spare parts.Of course I will include all the parts that have been changed to new ones or optionals.If you are interested send me a pm...
Mitropoulos Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:50 AM   #13107
Tech Adept

Here are some pictures of the car ...
Attached Thumbnails
Hpi Pro 4-dsc00060.jpg   Hpi Pro 4-dsc00061.jpg   Hpi Pro 4-dsc00061.jpg  
Mitropoulos Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:06 PM   #13108
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdrvr
I'd suggest going with the Hara kit since buying a stiffer upper deck and differential is cheaper than buying the new shocks, motor mount, input shafts, spool, and differential. Not to mention the Hara included the 0 and 2 degree toe blocks which are commonly used on carpet, as well as the delrin outdrives and the new T-nut saving you further investment

Original Pro4 with chassis stiffener is fine for carpet. Maybe not at a big race, but most carpet(the kind I've ran a Pro4 on) probably doesn't have enough traction to slow the car down. You don't really need the delrin diffs, aluminium input shafts, motor mount, shocks or spool. None of those items actually make your car faster, they just look nice over the stock kit parts.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #13109
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Original Pro4 with chassis stiffener is fine for carpet. Maybe not at a big race, but most carpet(the kind I've ran a Pro4 on) probably doesn't have enough traction to slow the car down. You don't really need the delrin diffs, aluminium input shafts, motor mount, shocks or spool. None of those items actually make your car faster, they just look nice over the stock kit parts.
I guess you missed my point. I was trying to point out that, since he had stated that he would want to race the car on asphalt next season, the Hara kit while more expensive includes the parts you would likely want to have and therefore would be the less costly choice between the two.

BTW the new motor mount is much easier to use than the original mount since it allows you to start the screws before the motor is in the car making motor changes faster and easier.
tcdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:31 PM   #13110
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdrvr
I guess you missed my point. I was trying to point out that, since he had stated that he would want to race the car on asphalt next season, the Hara kit while more expensive includes the parts you would likely want to have and therefore would be the less costly choice between the two.

BTW the new motor mount is much easier to use than the original mount since it allows you to start the screws before the motor is in the car making motor changes faster and easier.

I see what you're saying, but the stock Pro4 is still the best way to be fast and still save money. The stock chassis is fine for carpet, then remove the brace for asphalt. He will have to buy a new diff no matter what. A spool cost 16 bucks. And the motor mount is a luxury, and has no performance advantage.