Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xxxkat
floodo1,went 28 in practice today..had 20+ 10 second laps,Pro4 is getting better.. I guess it's easy when no ones on the track..
awesome man!

yeah if i can just get my car stable then i'll be there for sure. i mean ive already run 10.7's so its capable of it, now to get it stable enuf to do them every lap!

20 10's is NICE man! now time to get some pits!

i KNOW my problem is my shocks tho, see you friday with new shock setup! and oneway for sure, stupid spool
Old 09-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamescam
Stupid question...

I am new to the Pro 4 world and am rebuilding a car I got used. Anywho, on Hara's ROAR Nats set up sheet it shows F 2.0mm & R2.0 mm for Front & F 3.0mm & R 2.0mm for Rear. Is this referring the the pivot block spacers? And if so what do the 2 different numbers represent? At first I thought one was front & one was rear but as there were two sets of numbers I was confused. I have part 75144 NIB so I have the set of spacers I am just confused as to which ones to use. Your help is appreciated.
Yea, that is just talking about the spacers. Use the small silver ones. The big purple ones are for higher roll centers. The rear just has a little anti-squat, that's all. Your manual can explain anti squat better than I can, so look there.

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
A question for all the pro4 experts--

Thinking of buying a pro4, I'm seeing one NIB on Ebay for $199. Should I assume this to be a good price or maybe look around some more? I have little knowledge of the car but I'm interested as its half the price of an RDX as listed on the auction, and I want something new. Any input is apreciated. Is the pro4 easy to drive fast out of the box or is it on the 'twitchy' side? I want something that is forgiving (unlike the xray i have that is always sorta difficult to drive regardless of set-up).i will be running asphalt,probably never carpet.What breaks the most (so I know what spares to grab)? I looked at the hpi website but found no imfo on set-ups, not good since I dont know anyone locally that runs the car. If anyone has link(s) to track tests of the car lmk. Thanks for any/all help, maybe I'll get this car, based on looks it seems top-notch...
It think that's a great price! The car can be forgiving, but it's not the most forgiving. I wouldn't say it's twitchy, but it does react fast to inputs.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Ive been having some trouble with my tweak (pro4). Someone told me that I should lift the car from the centre and adjust the opposite shock collar at the opposite end of the car until the wheels lift at the same time. I did this and it worked, but the problem is the shock collars are completely different...

[IMG]Picture 001small.jpg[/IMG]

Any Thoughts?

Thanks
Matt
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-picture-001small.jpg  
Old 09-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Check your droop to make sure it is equal either side.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

To josh 69162, thanks for the input- I realize not everyone has patience for such inquiries so again thanks. I'm really giving the car some consideration.

As for the question by matt pocknell- I too am curious about this subject as it pertains to all cars. I have been adjusting the collars on my current car to make the wheels rise even but wonder if this is really the solution. Hey Matt- how do you like the car?
Old 09-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

when you raise the car up and one tire is lefting off your board before the other then that is droop. your shocks are mainly for ride height.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Pocknell
Hi,

Ive been having some trouble with my tweak (pro4). Someone told me that I should lift the car from the centre and adjust the opposite shock collar at the opposite end of the car until the wheels lift at the same time. I did this and it worked, but the problem is the shock collars are completely different...

[IMG]Picture 001small.jpg[/IMG]

Any Thoughts?

Thanks
Matt
As long at it reacts the same to the left and to the right on the track, I wouldnt worry.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

one more quick one for the pro4 guys--
i have found by searching the net there is a 1st release and a 1.1 version, if i'm searching how can i tell the difference (is the 1st version the grey box and the 1.1 the black box?) also will buying the 1st release be a mistake/problematic? thanx for the help this car has grabbed my attention,
Old 09-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Oh yeah. The version change has been a long time ago, and it only affects the gears inside the diff housing. They were too brittle, and stripped easy. I doubt you have the first version unless the person you bought it from shelved it for a few years... Even if you do, the replacement part is like 3 bucks. So I wouldn't sweat it.
-Josh
Old 09-27-2005, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hey i wanted to ask about the advantages and the disadvantages of the wheel spacers (what do they accually do?). i have just always used the fat 1mm spacer and have never tried anything else. but i was looking at the setups on HPI's webpage and i noticed that the drivers used the different sizes. what do the different ones do? what will i loose/gain by going to a thinner spacer or no spacer?
Old 09-27-2005, 02:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey,

At my last meeting I saw a top club memeber doing the tweak procdure on their car (when you lift at the middle and adjust the opposite shock collar at the opposite end of the car till' the wheels lift at the same time). I had seen it done before but had not actually done it on my pro4 before.
I tried it when I got home but by the time I had got the wheels to lift at the same time the shock collars where completely different, more than quite a few turns of the shock collars.
Is this right? Any thoughts? How do you guys (and girls) balance your cars? MIP tweak station?

Thanks

Matt
Old 09-27-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Pocknell
Hey,

At my last meeting I saw a top club memeber doing the tweak procdure on their car (when you lift at the middle and adjust the opposite shock collar at the opposite end of the car till' the wheels lift at the same time). I had seen it done before but had not actually done it on my pro4 before.
I tried it when I got home but by the time I had got the wheels to lift at the same time the shock collars where completely different, more than quite a few turns of the shock collars.
Is this right? Any thoughts? How do you guys (and girls) balance your cars? MIP tweak station?

Thanks

Matt
That method is fine, do not get put off by the shock collars are out. As long as the car is consistant in left and right turns then its is ok.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

anybody know the length of the CV steel bones? not the MIPS.
just want to know if they are usable for the cyclone...
Old 09-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any one here know were i can pick up a hara edition top deck?
Old 09-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ATXPro4
Any one here know were i can pick up a hara edition top deck?
RainbowTen in Japan or RcModel in HK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.