R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-14-2005, 10:55 PM   #12496
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

My guess is he forgot how easy this car breaks..
Old 08-14-2005, 11:51 PM   #12497
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxkat
My guess is he forgot how easy this car breaks..
Matt Singh doesn't hit very hard off track but man, hes got a mean back-bumper punch comming around that last turn 1 hit screwed up both front and rear drive gears as well as the rear diff assembly on my Pro4. Matt's a homeboy & that was a fun battle against him though
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:20 AM   #12498
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

For those who said (and done) the TC3 bevel pinion gear does fit on PRO 4...I am wondering how does that fit..? The diameter of the TC3 bevel gear is too small, and the whole gear is much deeper (thicker) then Pro 4 gear, the E-clip cannot be clipped on onto the bevel gear...

Am I misunderstanding something....? Thanks.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:23 AM   #12499
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
For those who said (and done) the TC3 bevel pinion gear does fit on PRO 4...I am wondering how does that fit..? The diameter of the TC3 bevel gear is too small, and the whole gear is much deeper (thicker) then Pro 4 gear, the E-clip cannot be clipped on onto the bevel gear...

Am I misunderstanding something....? Thanks.
its not the pinion on the drife shaft that needs replacing. I replaced the bevel gear on the diff, but you are right the pinion gear does not fit, just the one for the diff, but i have found that i dont break the pinion wuth the TC3 diff gear on there.
ATXPro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:29 AM   #12500
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din Viesel
thanks Josh, I had already tried all that you mentioned. I am wondering if maybe the diff or bevel gear maybe out of round during the moulding process?! I ll pick up a new one of each and try that! Also maybe once it has had a few packs put thru it it will break in.
thanks again
Put your rear diff onto the front and give it a try, before you buying a new diff ring gear and redo the whole front diff....I thing I did before is I mounted the smaller shim (the one on the drive shaft, not at the diff) onto the diff case INCORRECTLY...made the bevel pinion gear pushing too close onto the diff gear..making loud noise and now spinning at all.......that was it.

And I bet you forgot 1 important option on your PRO 4....the BRP TC3 front bumper plate...I used to break front arms/steering knuckle/C-hub all the time (yes, that is the nation of TC racing, not HPI nor Pro 4 design)........with that front bumper mod, have not break a thing on the front (I was running 8T mod with foams...so 1 hit to the dot or board, I should break a thing or 2...but so far, nothing.)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSR44&P=7
Attached Thumbnails
Hpi Pro 4-01a.jpg  
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)

Last edited by Rookie Solara; 08-15-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:38 AM   #12501
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXPro4
its not the pinion on the drife shaft that needs replacing. I replaced the bevel gear on the diff, but you are right the pinion gear does not fit, just the one for the diff, but i have found that i dont break the pinion wuth the TC3 diff gear on there.
Thanks....I knew I misunderstood 1 thing or 2....so, it is the DIFF RING GEAR that I can use from TC3, not the mushroom pinion bevel gear from TC3..?
Ok...now, I can use those pinion onto my NTC3 instead..thanks.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:58 AM   #12502
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din Viesel
Thats the freakiness of this whole thing, I didn't hit anything!!
OMG

I’m not buying it! No way did you not hit anything and your arm just broke..Go for the super soft arms that decreases your lap times…
Antonio Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:22 PM   #12503
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
And I bet you forgot 1 important option on your PRO 4....the BRP TC3 front bumper plate...I used to break front arms/steering knuckle/C-hub all the time (yes, that is the nation of TC racing, not HPI nor Pro 4 design)........with that front bumper mod, have not break a thing on the front (I was running 8T mod with foams...so 1 hit to the dot or board, I should break a thing or 2...but so far, nothing.)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSR44&P=7

Please don't spend your money on that. It only adds weight and will tweak after a few good licks. Run a P-Dub front bumper. Rock solid, super light weight, and gives better protection than the BRP bumper. I've tried both, and will never again run a car without a P-Dub bumper.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:27 PM   #12504
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh69162
Congratulations! What made you come back?
-Josh
I traded my dyno for a new HPI with spares and hopups. I'm still taking the Yokomo to the US nationals in Oct . Pro4 will be my backup and/or mod car.

Man, I NEVER broke my Pro4 in 6 months of racing racing last year. But I did lose a handful of CVD's practicing with a spool, doing 50mph down the back straight, into a board.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:28 PM   #12505
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Dear Pro 4 owners

I need some help and suggestion on the car. Yesterday, I was racing and my drivetrain made noises as if I did not have a good gear mesh. I check the mesh and it is ok. I throttle the car while holding my car and it does not have that noise. But when I put it on the ground and driving it, the sound comes back off and on. I also noticed that when I pull the brakes, it sounded like skipping gear. Is that the one way? I look at the one way gear and appears to be ok although I have not checked the rear diff. This is the third outting with the car. Skipping gear sound existed from the beginning and the incorect gear mesh sound started yesterday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Jason
Yellowtaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:40 PM   #12506
Tech Elite

Check the front bevel gear. It's the small one that looks like a mushroom. It could be broken, rounded, or stripped.

As for mesh, you'll want a "tick" of play between gears. Improper mesh will skip gears under braking or acceleration. It won't do it off the ground b/c there isn't enough resistance on the tranny to make it jump gears.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:27 PM   #12507
Tech Addict

Hi people, what is exactly the difference between the Pro 4 Hara Edition and the 2005 edition and which is moer worth it . Thanks for looking
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:38 PM   #12508
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to atomic80 Send a message via AIM to atomic80 Send a message via Yahoo to atomic80

speed6: if you'll scroll back through this thread, you'll find countless postings that details the differences between all the Pro 4 versions.
atomic80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:03 PM   #12509
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to aoizip

i know this question has been ask a lot.. but i went thru last 10 pages... so i just gave up..

how do you do the upper deck mod??

thanks for the help again!

Ming
aoizip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:40 PM   #12510
Tech Elite

hit> search and type in "upper deck mod"

That should help you
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote