R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2005, 08:31 PM   #11101
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by newracer
Is the 2.5mm upper deck out now the same as the one that will be on the 2005 edition?
no the 2.5mm upper deck is different than the 05 edition. 05 edition is 2.25mm and had the o-ring and upperdeck mod.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:35 PM   #11102
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Posts: 800
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

AMG Racer...Are you using a one way or a diff in the front?...If you are using a one way you should be using the aiioy backing plate.If using a diff make sure you are using 1.1 gears.Put your finger over the small gear on the input shaft then wiggle the diff gear...there should be a slight amount of movement between the two gears.if there is to much check the diff gear for side to side movement and shim as needed.If side to side movement is okay you might have to shim the small gear on the input shaft.See me at Logan or Wynum if you are not sure.
Bob
Barger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:37 PM   #11103
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Posts: 800
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Moot ...email me and I will send you a setup to try
vardy@internode.on.net
Barger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:19 PM   #11104
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Barger
AMG Racer...Are you using a one way or a diff in the front?...If you are using a one way you should be using the aiioy backing plate.If using a diff make sure you are using 1.1 gears.Put your finger over the small gear on the input shaft then wiggle the diff gear...there should be a slight amount of movement between the two gears.if there is to much check the diff gear for side to side movement and shim as needed.If side to side movement is okay you might have to shim the small gear on the input shaft.See me at Logan or Wynum if you are not sure.
Bob
Thanks Barger. I think I have the mesh right, I just want to check how people are setting theirs. I am using the one-way with the backing plate, but I drive like a hacker and seem to eat gears at Hobby Station pretty regularly. Think I have done about 4 in 6 months, 2 last time out!
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:04 AM   #11105
Tech Elite
 
Nipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kallang Airport
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by newracer
Is the 2.5mm upper deck out now the same as the one that will be on the 2005 edition?
And the oring doesn't comes with the upper deck (if you buy it separately).
Nipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:24 AM   #11106
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gold Coast Australia
Posts: 800
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

AMG Racer...Hobby Station is hard on cars....especially when you hit the ### wall!!!Most of the guys I know with Pro4s have done diffs there.You also need a completly different set up there.
Barger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 06:43 AM   #11107
Tech Master
 
murfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 9 (92%+)
Default

hey just wondering if any one has tryed the high traction arms with a foam set-up at a asphalt track??

good/bad????
__________________
Justin Murphy
Team Xray | Hudy | Hobbywing | Sanwa
murfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 06:59 AM   #11108
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

what is the advantage of running o rings under the top deck?more flex?
__________________
Tamiya
Much More Racing
LRP electronic
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:29 AM   #11109
Tech Elite
 
Nipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kallang Airport
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
what is the advantage of running o rings under the top deck?more flex?
From what I tested, I think the orings are more for reducing tweek caused by the flexing.

Just my 2cents......
Nipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:43 AM   #11110
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Nipple
From what I tested, I think the orings are more for reducing tweek caused by the flexing.

Just my 2cents......
you use them below the top deck and between the mountings
__________________
Tamiya
Much More Racing
LRP electronic
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:47 AM   #11111
Tech Elite
 
Nipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kallang Airport
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
you use them below the top deck and between the mountings
No, above the top deck, between the top deck and the screw head / cone washer / washer.
Nipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:57 AM   #11112
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Nipple
No, above the top deck, between the top deck and the screw head / cone washer / washer.
ok i 4ort u meant bt the top deck and the mounts
__________________
Tamiya
Much More Racing
LRP electronic
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:04 AM   #11113
Tech Master
 
Coxy's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,729
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Thanks Barger. I think I have the mesh right, I just want to check how people are setting theirs. I am using the one-way with the backing plate, but I drive like a hacker and seem to eat gears at Hobby Station pretty regularly. Think I have done about 4 in 6 months, 2 last time out!
If your still doing gears but haven't done anything about it, it won't fit itself. I would have a closer look at it and tighten up the mesh on the diff.

Coxy.
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #11114
Tech Addict
 
woozer71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 556
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

Hi guys hate to be a pain, but could you tell me what parts I need for the upper deck mod and how do I go about doing it. Or if someone could direct me to the right pages it would be greatly appreciated.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
Fraser Coast RC Car Club/FCRCCC
VBC D06 / Xray T4 2013
Yokomo BMax2 ver 2 - Tamiya F104 x1
Sanwa MT-4
woozer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #11115
Tech Master
 
dontfeelcold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where there's smoke there's a tyre
Posts: 1,722
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Question for peole with graphite drive shafts, do you still break gears?
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:00 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0