Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 01:01 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

stewertfan20,

yeah they are, give it a try and let me know how you get on!

J-P
Old 02-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by J-P
stewertfan20,

yeah they are, give it a try and let me know how you get on!

J-P
I will give it a try tomorrow night.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

i agree with j-p. the stock set-up was near PERFECT ( for my driving style) on asphalt. and this was on a non-preped, un-even track. all i did was reset ride height for scrapping, put on fresh take-off 27's, and servo-taped two quaters on the rear of the chassis. (in front of the front-rear pivot block). the car felt so good that i hated it was carpet season. this was unusual for me cause i LOVE the carpet! i can't imagine how well this car is gonna work when the temp gets above 50 degrees F.

BTW...can anyone recommend a rubber tire that rivals or near surrpasses a foam tire on low-bite carpet? thanks.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

macnkitty2002. i would love to visit your track sometime.is there a website i can go to to get more info and possibly directions?
Old 02-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

nomaak-i see you live nearby. it would be awesome if you could visit my track sometime during the season. we begin racing sometime in march and go through november. we race every first and third sunday of each month during the season, and the turnout is usually good. the dominant force at my track is the nitro tc's, which i race, and soon i will race a pro 4 in the electric class. our electric class is a little less serious unfortunately, i race my mini-t in it and some other micros and electric 2wd trucks race aswell. though they are slow and i am sure that you will be able to surpass them. there are about 3-4 serious tc racers in the class that you can compete against. the website for my track is here:
www.vorra.org

i think the directions are there.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nomaak
macnkitty2002. i would love to visit your track sometime.is there a website i can go to to get more info and possibly directions?
hey answer ur phone nomak trying to cal you dude
Old 02-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default what going to be the set up for pro4 at the snowbirds

what going to be the setup at the birds nxt week will be the andy moore set up or thad set up to start up let hear it guys i will be lvng saturday me and the wife hang around till check in on sunday
Old 02-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

ooops! ringer was off.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

nomaak-what ya say about racing at my track? if interested let me know.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default out drives

Any one know what the weight of the Delrin out drives and stock out drives are thanks
Old 02-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

StewartFan20 the o ring or the foam increases the pack of the shock which gives you better rebound and keeps the bladder from inverting into the cap and that keeps the shock more consistant

from what I've read and gotten from fellow racers more pack quicker rebound ,lesspack slower rebound

also you need two O rings inthe cap to equal the thickness of the foam spacer.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by sportracer
StewartFan20 the o ring or the foam increases the pack of the shock which gives you better rebound and keeps the bladder from inverting into the cap and that keeps the shock more consistant

from what I've read and gotten from fellow racers more pack quicker rebound ,lesspack slower rebound

also you need two O rings inthe cap to equal the thickness of the foam spacer.
I was running two o rings but found that my car became to unstable though chicanes. However I did find a sweetspot with one O ring and foam.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default spur gear stripping and shimming the spur gear shaft?

I've stripped my spur gear last weekend.. so i bought a new spur gear and installed it and took my car to the track again today.. and guess what? i strip the spur gear again after only 5 laps or so!!!???

Both time, only half the spur gear (approx 180degree) was stripped while the other half was almost perfect. I noticed that the shim on the spur gear shaft (don't know if it's the right name, but it's the metal shaft that the spur gear is attached to) was bent quite a bit...and one of the shim is sitting half way between the slot between the two bearings. Probably my fault that i didn't place the shims correctly when i put the gearbox back together after maintainence. Would this be the reason why i keep stripping half the spur gear? if not, what is it? i don't really want to keep buying more spur gears even they are not very expensive.
i was using the same spur gear (stock one) and pinion gear (64pitch 34 teeth) for quite a while with no problem until last weekend.

another thing, in the manual, it ask us to put 3 8x10x0.2mm washers between the two bearings on the spur gear shaft.. and i notice there is still quite a bit of play after that... so should i add more shims to make it tight? and should i do the same thing to the front gear box? i've already adjusted the backlash of the ball diff gear and the front one way so they both sitting tight (but not too tight) in the gearbox. any help would be really appreciated.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: spur gear stripping and shimming the spur gear shaft?

Originally posted by yellow15
I've stripped my spur gear last weekend.. so i bought a new spur gear and installed it and took my car to the track again today.. and guess what? i strip the spur gear again after only 5 laps or so!!!???

Both time, only half the spur gear (approx 180degree) was stripped while the other half was almost perfect. I noticed that the shim on the spur gear shaft (don't know if it's the right name, but it's the metal shaft that the spur gear is attached to) was bent quite a bit...and one of the shim is sitting half way between the slot between the two bearings. Probably my fault that i didn't place the shims correctly when i put the gearbox back together after maintainence. Would this be the reason why i keep stripping half the spur gear? if not, what is it? i don't really want to keep buying more spur gears even they are not very expensive.
i was using the same spur gear (stock one) and pinion gear (64pitch 34 teeth) for quite a while with no problem until last weekend.

another thing, in the manual, it ask us to put 3 8x10x0.2mm washers between the two bearings on the spur gear shaft.. and i notice there is still quite a bit of play after that... so should i add more shims to make it tight? and should i do the same thing to the front gear box? i've already adjusted the backlash of the ball diff gear and the front one way so they both sitting tight (but not too tight) in the gearbox. any help would be really appreciated.
check the building of those shafts again m8, as when i finished mine there is no play all all. If anything i'd say the fit is alittle on the tight side and i can't imagine there quality control is such that it could ever get from tight to needing more spacers !!

You have got the purple shims on there as well as the washers haven't you ??

As for spacing the pinion and spur. A friend showed me a really easy way to get that perfect every time . Just put 1 size bigger than you want to use on the motor. Tighten the motor up with the pinion tight on the spur. now instal the pinion you wanted to use !! PERFECT mesh !! (64dp only)
Old 02-02-2005, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

the play on the rear input shaft is only less than 1mm.. and when i put the ball diff in, then there is actually no play at all.
so is it normal?

the purple shims? that's the two about 3mm thick or so which a bearing is sitting in between right? or is that something else you are talking about?

Last edited by yellow15; 02-02-2005 at 01:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.