Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 12-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

" Also on the BMI chassis set should I do the upper deck mod or not? Any help would be appreciated."

Is your car tweaked? have you run it yet?

The tweak mod seems to be popular with people who race asphalt with the stock chassis. Since you bought a BMI, which should be 3mm, I'm assuming you race carpet. If that's the case, you probably want to hold off on that until you determine if the car is tweaking itself all the time. Even then, you should make sure it's the chassis.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

tcdrvr I had tweak with the stock chassis never did the mod put on the BMI didn't have any tweak and I race out door asphalt
car handles greatas is no mods to the chassis
Old 12-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Skill
My car also seems to have a lot of play in the steering, it seems to be coming from the steering plate and the bearings, I wonder if there is any way to stop this??
I added some spacers between the bearing and the CF plate to remove some slop. it helped a little bit. changing ball cups will help to... I haven't experience a whole lot of slop on my car... so far so good...
Old 12-18-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
yes... I have them on my car... you'll have to play around with the different spacers and shims until it feels free...
LOL, see Ramon, other's DO pay attention to what you're running, hehehehe
Old 12-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
LOL, see Ramon, other's DO pay attention to what you're running, hehehehe

Happy Holidays everyone...

and much success in '05 for the Pro4.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Twister 2

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a KO PROPO Hara Twister 2 ESC does anyone know how good this ESC is?

Thanks for your time guys.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Twister 2

Originally posted by Vegetto
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a KO PROPO Hara Twister 2 ESC does anyone know how good this ESC is?

you shouldn't be thinking of getting it... just get one if you can....they are hard to get and one of the top speedos available...
it's identical to the VSF-1
Old 12-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Twister 2

Originally posted by Vegetto
Hey guys,

yeah vfs-1 can be had for ~160 US. twister cheapest ive seen is over 200 US. exactly the same speedo just twister series is purple.

i have to admit that the twister series is so mcuh better looking but you've got to be on crack to justify paying the xtra money.

get vfs-1 y0
Old 12-19-2004, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

I have a question saw a picture of someones car and they had the purple spacers (1or 2 mm) glued onto the front hub carrier .What is the purpose of this ? is to help adjust steering or throw.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

evening all

what is the effect of altering the inboard toe (ie the angle of the inner lower front hinge pins)?

thanks
Old 12-19-2004, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by sportracer
I have a question saw a picture of someones car and they had the purple spacers (1or 2 mm) glued onto the front hub carrier .What is the purpose of this ? is to help adjust steering or throw.
It is to limit the physical throw of the of the steering knuckles. I saw those on Hara's car in the recent Reedy Race in thailand also.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally posted by Carbon_Fibre3
evening all

what is the effect of altering the inboard toe (ie the angle of the inner lower front hinge pins)?

you will get more aggressive cornering if you increase the inboard toe...Erik S. posted a response to this question if you do a search.

it's limited the steering throw.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Front bevel gears breaking - help!

I'm sure this has been covered before but I don't usually visit this thread so appeciate your help.

My son has been racing a new Pro 4 and each of the past two race days he has broken 2 sets of ring and pinion gears in the front (he's using the one-way). His hits have not been hard so this breakage seems severe. We've run out of gears and he'll go back to racing his Schumacher, which has been bulletproof.

Need a fix! He's shimmed it according to the instructions (kit came with the updated gears and supplement sheet). Another racer who runs his Pro 4 in mod and had a lot more hits hasn't broken any gears.

Thanks for any help.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dont just settle for the stock shimming as adviced in the instructions. Add more if required.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

he did and the gear lash is tighter. didn't fix the problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.