R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2004, 06:11 AM   #8731
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by trueracefan
Thanks
Kevin
How do I tell the difference between the v1.1 and the v1.0 gears?
Also whats the best way to contact HPI phone or email?

I have just bought a pro4 from tower and thought id log on to see what the good word is and now i find out there is a v1.1 out there. I checked my box and there is no sticker so i am guessing it is the older version.

Does anyone know any email address where i can contact hpi on hot to fix this problem, i would call but i live in australia and its rather expensive to call the us.

Other than that i just want to say it seems like a great car, it has already seen its first race and with no time to set it up it showed some great potential. And WITH OUT starting and arguments it was equally as quiet as my x-ray, it was very free and ran like a dream.

cheers
michael
sweet'n'sour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:14 AM   #8732
V60
Tech Rookie

...deleted...
V60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:48 AM   #8733
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by sweet'n'sour
I have just bought a pro4 from tower and thought id log on to see what the good word is and now i find out there is a v1.1 out there. I checked my box and there is no sticker so i am guessing it is the older version.

Does anyone know any email address where i can contact hpi on hot to fix this problem, i would call but i live in australia and its rather expensive to call the us.

Other than that i just want to say it seems like a great car, it has already seen its first race and with no time to set it up it showed some great potential. And WITH OUT starting and arguments it was equally as quiet as my x-ray, it was very free and ran like a dream.

cheers
michael
If u can't find the V1.1 gear and back plate in your country , I can help u to send it to u by air post...hmm I think the total cost u around US$13-14 (2pcs v1.1gear and the back plate) .
G2B Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:58 AM   #8734
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to blast

Quote:

cheers
michael

You can call HPI and tell them you have the first versoin and they will send you a new gear with back plate for free.
<>< <>< <>< ><> ><> ><>
A Master key can open any lock, but a lock that can be open by any key is an sloppy lock.
blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:44 AM   #8735
Tech Master

www.hpiracing.com
wagonman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:19 AM   #8736
Tech Regular

Default Torque steer?

If I had a torque steer issue, which way should the car pull?
Downforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #8737
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

to the left.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:06 PM   #8738
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally posted by yeuc001
I am trying really hard to get my sway bar to work consistently,
does someone had an idea on how to install the sway bar properly.

when you squeeze one side of the A arm, the other side should go up with it right?

thanks
...........only IF you did not mount the shock on the car....then you should be able to see the other side of the arm move up as well.

However, if you have your shock mounted, the movement should not be that obvious cause the sway bar is not THICK enough to fight the force of the pre-load of your spring/shocks.

And yes, add the collar like the picture shown.

The 2 set sccrew should NOT lock the sway bar, just enough to tighten up the PLAY between the sway bar and the gear box.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:42 PM   #8739
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
to the left.
That's what I thought, just needed a second opinion. Thx
Downforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:49 PM   #8740
Tech Elite

I have a feeling my front oneway may be defective. When I roll my front wheels forward they are free like a normal oneway. When I roll my front wheels backwards normally on a oneway car the oneway locks and rolls the drivetrain in reverse. Mine feels like it is slipping with some resistance then after some backwards resistance it grips and locks.

Anybody else experienced this?
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:52 PM   #8741
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tweak

For those of you who use a tweak station regularly, have you notice you have to always add pressure to the right front and left rear?
My car, my sons, and one other Pro4 at our track always have to add pressure that way. That is after setting the ride height evenly at all four corners. I have balance our cars on stands perfectly left to right, doesn't seem to matter. I just did the top deck, even though I've never had the car come out of tweak during a run, still the same. Does not seem to affect handling at all, just a small annoyance to me.

take care
john
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:37 PM   #8742
Tech Addict

AMGRacer:

The one-way diff as standard does not come with much lube on, so this will cause slipping. Just use a bit of the clear silicon lube on the outdrives and it should be fine.
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:40 PM   #8743
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

Quote:

cheers
michael
actually the box does NOT have to specifically say 1.1 on the outside. i JUST received a kit DIRECTLY from HPI (usa) that does NOT say 1.1 on the outside.

however if you open your kit inside should be a bag that has an orange piece of paper that says version 1.1 on it.

in my specific instance there where 2 big bags with sub bags in them. on the outside of the larger bag there was the v1.1 bag stapled to it. pretty much showing that it was a 1.0 kit that they added the 1.1 bag to.

yours should be similar if its 1.1

but yeah if not contact hpi and they'll take car of you !
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:42 PM   #8744
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

hey guys can anyone point me to a setup for a pro4 on carpet using rubber tires. specifically (if possible) really high grip carpet?

all the carpet setups i find are for foams

lmk
l8tz
josh
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:07 PM   #8745
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Indoor Champs

Quote:
Originally posted by Downforce
That whould have been Thad from HPI.
i saw thad and a few other guys as well hara car it was about 3 or so pro4 i saw last yr
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote