R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-08-2004, 08:50 PM   #6781
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Ramon,

Looks like the Losi Race is cancelled...
yea...I know..
everyone is headed to the second worlds warm up race.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 08:59 PM   #6782
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

I have read about and seen in person the ability of the pro 4 on concrete and asphalt tracks. Very impressive.

What are the guys that race them on carpet thinking about the pro 4? There is a good chance my local track may put carpet in and I am in the thinking that a Pro 4 may be my next sedan.

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 09:25 PM   #6783
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Werner
I have read about and seen in person the ability of the pro 4 on concrete and asphalt tracks. Very impressive.

What are the guys that race them on carpet thinking about the pro 4? There is a good chance my local track may put carpet in and I am in the thinking that a Pro 4 may be my next sedan.

Thanks

Jeff
I can second that.....today, was my debut of the outdoor asphalt TC with my PRo 4 since........1983 (that was the first time I ran electric with my Tamiya)...........my PRO 4 using some local guys setup, and I know nothing about elect motor (that I need to true, whcih I don't even have a lathe and don't even know hows that work) with a 10T Triple (used and never trued sine the original buyer brought the motor sevearl months ago)....some old 3300 batteresi...a v7.1 LRP ESC and a 3003 servo.....I ended up like 3rd against those who race ONLY electric touring at our track...

I am sure my driving skill is definitely helps. but that PRO 4 (again, used) ........my car is ON RAIL..........using some old left over nitro FOAM tires and a pretty bad 10T motor, the car ran even better then my NTC3, which today, my PRO 4 ran 1 lap faster then the NTIRO (even beat the TQ nitro time)....

I never ran other 190mm TC beside the PRO 4..........but this car DOES impressed me big time....also, I DNF the first qualifier because I solder the wire REVERSE when I launch my car I hit 3 cars behind me, and I DNF the 2nd heat because I forgot to tighen the screws of my motor as I stipped the spur.....I ran a 15 laps on the 3rd heat, and then another 14 laps on the main.....and my NITRO best time is still a 14 laps.........

Overall........this PRO 4 is awesome.......P.S. I broke 1 of the front arm, and I realized that all 4 arms are exactly the same, that really save some serious $$$$$$.........
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 09:39 PM   #6784
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

I had a really good run with my Pro 4 today also. Hooked up excellent with TO CS-22 tires.

First heat I ran pretty good but I was running with really worn down tires so I couldn't get a lot of traction.

Second heat I DNF because I stripped a spur (2nd time in season), probably because of a little stupid pebble.

Third Heat, I ran really good still with the worn down tires however, so the car was a bit loose.

I started 7th in the Main with some nice tires XXX-S Bill gave me and the car started to run like it was on rails. I took the turns nice and clean and the car was really great on handling. After some swapping positions in the race, I placed 3rd in the main. The track layout was pretty awesome.
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 09:41 PM   #6785
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
I can second that.....today, was my debut of the outdoor asphalt TC with my PRo 4 since........1983 (that was the first time I ran electric with my Tamiya)...........my PRO 4 using some local guys setup, and I know nothing about elect motor (that I need to true, whcih I don't even have a lathe and don't even know hows that work) with a 10T Triple (used and never trued sine the original buyer brought the motor sevearl months ago)....some old 3300 batteresi...a v7.1 LRP ESC and a 3003 servo.....I ended up like 3rd against those who race ONLY electric touring at our track...

I am sure my driving skill is definitely helps. but that PRO 4 (again, used) ........my car is ON RAIL..........using some old left over nitro FOAM tires and a pretty bad 10T motor, the car ran even better then my NTC3, which today, my PRO 4 ran 1 lap faster then the NTIRO (even beat the TQ nitro time)....

I never ran other 190mm TC beside the PRO 4..........but this car DOES impressed me big time....also, I DNF the first qualifier because I solder the wire REVERSE when I launch my car I hit 3 cars behind me, and I DNF the 2nd heat because I forgot to tighen the screws of my motor as I stipped the spur.....I ran a 15 laps on the 3rd heat, and then another 14 laps on the main.....and my NITRO best time is still a 14 laps.........

Overall........this PRO 4 is awesome.......P.S. I broke 1 of the front arm, and I realized that all 4 arms are exactly the same, that really save some serious $$$$$$.........
Hey Rookie, looks like 3rd is the magic number

Sounds like you like your Pro 4! How big is your track by the way? 15 or so laps sounds a bit low probably because it's huge. The experts here run up to 25 or so laps on stock motors. But the track is pretty technical.
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 10:48 PM   #6786
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
I .....
all 4 arms the same...hmm..don't think so...this is not the YOK SD.
on the pro4 there's a front and rear specific arms.

Old 08-08-2004, 10:51 PM   #6787
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
Come on Ramon..
They could be the same .... ummm OK... if he had a few sets...of the same a-arm ...... ummm Yea! ...
Just kidd'n
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 10:52 PM   #6788
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Werner

Thanks

Jeff
the pro4 is a serious competitor on carpet as well... combined with the optional HPI 3mm chassis or other chassis from BMI or PRP.. this car is Lethal.

Hara already proved this car is capable of winning on carpet..he took first the DHI cup... and also place very high at the prestigious Cleveland race as well.

Old 08-08-2004, 10:53 PM   #6789
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Come on Ramon..
They could be the same .... ummm OK... if he had a few sets...of the same a-arm ...... ummm Yea! ...
Just kidd'n
-Dave

so what is your fav... Evo-IV or Pro4?

Old 08-08-2004, 10:57 PM   #6790
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:

so what is your fav... Evo-IV or Pro4?
BarEVPrTR 4 .... It's a toss up... because some work better on some tracks than others.. but the EVO is easy to drive.. the 950 bearings SUCK ....But the Pro4 is what I drive 70% of the time now while the R3 is under going some major changes
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:09 AM   #6791
Tech Addict

The Pro 4 is great on carpet too, I'm running almost the stock setup with foams tyres and the same shore all round and it's handling perfectly, and that isn't even with the 3mm chassis (I've got my PRP chassis on Pre-order).
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:24 AM   #6792
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

To those interested. The Xtreme Racing Pro 4 chassis is 3mm thick. I own the TC3 version (very stiff!) which is no longer avail. at the web site. www.xtremeracing.com

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:25 AM   #6793
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Hey Rookie, looks like 3rd is the magic number

Sounds like you like your Pro 4! How big is your track by the way? 15 or so laps sounds a bit low probably because it's huge. The experts here run up to 25 or so laps on stock motors. But the track is pretty technical.
Just an idea for you to imagine how big is the track....the track is a little bit longer and wider then the TAMIYA headquarter track in CA.......and the 5 port SS-12 Nova Mega turbo powered NTC3 pulling 1.9HP can only do a low 15 laps in a 5 minute heat....that he is a fast driver.

My 15 laps is using a 9x1 with 33T/98T (definitely OVER geared as I found out later....motor is HOTx1000) 37/rear foams by left over NITRO car and 40/front foams by left over as well...

I love the PRO 4.........and can't beat the lower arms are all the same for 4 corners...

But I have to say........stripping the spur and replace/repair it is NOT FUN.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:27 AM   #6794
Tech Champion

Quote:
Oh....my bad, it is LEFT and RIGHT are the same, not FRONT and REAR..........

I knew helping car owner to SAVE MONEY on RC parts is NOT the priority of a sucess car mfr..............LOL

My mistake, sorry.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:19 AM   #6795
Regional Moderator

Default Thank you HPI

Just got my V1.1 gear upgrade from HPI. New gears, hardware and a aluminum backing plate, all for free? Man, who can beat that?