Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 08-03-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by racer
has anyone have tried both PRP and BMI chassis?
i'm looking into getting a set for carpet but not sure whether or not HPI to has their set released yet. which would be better?

any input would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
I just got the BMI chassis...it's so stiff you can't even twist it...
awesome craftmanship and quality. best of all the battery slots are already filed down... I'm sure PRP is up to par with BMI.

contact Ray Huang..he's the expert on carpet with the BMI chassis.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

racer: I have the BMI on my car, works fine on asphalt, bumpy track, not that i have tried the standard chassis yet to compare it to.. is nice and stiff though! Tower have the 2mm and 3mm chassis on their site now, so thy are out. PRP one looks very nice too

RC-Zombies: R10 = rainbow ten?

I have an order on the way from Tower, and in it is the associated spring and screw/bolt for the diff so i will give them a go, not that my diff has shown any sign of coming loose yet... maybe I will leave it as is and only swap them over if it starts getting loose.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rc-zombies
awesome craftmanship and quality. best of all the battery slots are already filed down... I'm sure PRP is up to par with BMI.

Thank you rc-zombies and azenis for the info.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by azenis
RC-Zombies: R10 = rainbow ten?
Old 08-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rc-zombies

oh, almost forgot to ask you. how thick is the upper deck on your BMI?
Old 08-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

no worries racer
I must get the standard chassis on to compare some time, wouldnt mind trying the 2mm as well
I bought my car wtih the 3mm already fitted up...

A wise investment also is 75144 Pivot block spacer set beacuse the thicker chassis plate will effect your roll centres because the pivot blocks will be .5mm higher than on the standard chassis when you use a 3mm. the pivot block set includes 1mm plates so you can use a 1mm and 1.5mm where you would have used a 2mm normally for instance. Or just a 1mm in place of a 2mm for a setup sheet that uses the 2mm chassis. This will keep your suspension geometry the same.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Good question
Have not measured it.. the standard top deck is 2mm, I think the BMI one is 3mm? It also comes with 3mm shock towers.

oh, almost forgot to ask you. how thick is the upper deck on your BMI?
Old 08-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by azenis
no worries racer
I must get the standard chassis on to compare some time, wouldnt mind trying the 2mm as well
I bought my car wtih the 3mm already fitted up...

A wise investment also is 75144 Pivot block spacer set beacuse the thicker chassis plate will effect your roll centres because the pivot blocks will be .5mm higher than on the standard chassis when you use a 3mm. the pivot block set includes 1mm plates so you can use a 1mm and 1.5mm where you would have used a 2mm normally for instance. Or just a 1mm in place of a 2mm for a setup sheet that uses the 2mm chassis. This will keep your suspension geometry the same.
Thanks again for your help, i already have a set of spacers. just looking into which chassis would be better for the buck.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Please don't take this as a knock against BMI. From what I've read on here his stuff is very very nice, top quality machining. However, It looks as though the BMI Pro 4 chassis is a copy of the stock HPI chassis but with beveled edges.

Our chassis will be out very soon now, and while it does not have the edges pre beveled, there are quite a few options with it over the stock and BMI chassis kits. If I'm wrong about the BMI chassis, please let me know!

Thanks!
Ben

has anyone have tried both PRP and BMI chassis?
i'm looking into getting a set for carpet but not sure whether or not HPI to has their set released yet. which would be better?

any input would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

G'Day Ben hows it going mate?
Maybe you should raffle one of them off like BMI did, then I could do an A/B comparison of the two
Old 08-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

hehehe, or I could just send it to Zombies
Old 08-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

I am sure he wont say no to one for "testing" purposes either
Old 08-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by TeamPRP
Please don't take this as a knock against BMI. From what I've read on here his stuff is very very nice, top quality machining. However, It looks as though the BMI Pro 4 chassis is a copy of the stock HPI chassis but with beveled edges.

Our chassis will be out very soon now, and while it does not have the edges pre beveled, there are quite a few options with it over the stock and BMI chassis kits. If I'm wrong about the BMI chassis, please let me know!

Thanks!
Ben
Hey Ben,

Can you enlighten us on what the options are for your chassis?

Thanks, Mike
Old 08-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Has anybody out there run a serious top notch mod motor on an asphalt track yet? The reason why I ask is because I have only raced it in the stock class and I am looking to throw a 9 or 10 turn Orion V2 in it this weekend for a local asphalt trophy race and I was somewhat concerned with the cars durability.

Inputs are more than welcome...

Thanks, Mike
Old 08-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Michal101
Hey Ben,

Can you enlighten us on what the options are for your chassis?

Thanks, Mike
Michal....Im not Ben but I have been testing his Pro-4 HTS chassis and some of the options are......the battery is moved in closer to the drive shaft, there is the ability to play with the rear wheel base by moving the arm forward and rearwards, there is also braces that will go around the chassis can guard your electronics from a side impact, also you have the ability to use 3 center posts to further stiffen up the car or move the post the the front or the rear of the chassis to allow the opposite end of the chassis to have a little more flex.....this option is a great tuning aid. Its worked great so far.....I cant ask for anything more from it.

Guys I have seen chassis that BMI has made and they are of very great quality if you go with either chassis you will be getting a work of art. PRP does offer more options on the chassis....and going with either one you wont go wrong. Both are 3mm and once you build up a car with a chassis that thick its amazing how stiff it becomes....I think the PRP chassis would be a little stiffer as the top deck that comes with the HTS kit is full and has very few cut outs where the BMI ones that I have seen are cut out a little more so a little more flex.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.