Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

DOMOisCOOL

I see!

Here is my solution for now.

- put 2 layers of double side tape under receiver.
- keep servo wire away from other wires.
- try different crystal (just ordered channel 70)

thanks
Old 07-26-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

No problem.

Before, I had velcro to hold the receiver, had no glitches. But to play it safe, I switched over to 2 layer double sided tape.

Also, does the whole car glitch? Do the servo glitch too? If so, there may be interference or bad reception. If only the 'throttle' glitches, it has to do with your motor, or ESC.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Check your antennae for small cuts or abrasions if ti has been cut down replace it with the proper lenght .
Old 07-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

some people (myself included) often get a glitch in one point on our track. We race on 2 school netball courts, that has 4 goal/ring posts, and there is one in particular, that is the furthest away from the driver stand, that seems to cause glitching when you get near it...
Old 07-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

What is a good selection of springs to own for the Pro4?
There are only about 3 or 4 HPI ones on tower and i notice a lot of people refering to associated springs on setupsheets, and since i have to place an order from tower i thought i may as well stock up on some springs.

Also what do people think of the novak millenium pro charger?
Old 07-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

The Novak Millenium Pro charger is a great all around charger. But you can get a better one for the money. I recommend the LRP Pulsar Competition.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
The Novak Millenium Pro charger is a great all around charger. But you can get a better one for the money. I recommend the LRP Pulsar Competition.
Just because you just got one. BAH!
Old 07-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
that would be kit #187 Zombie Edition
and #188 JDM-DOHC-SiR Blue edition.
That would be nice
Old 07-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

That was the other one i was looking at
On Tower it mentions other things you need to get with it, and points to a small lead battery, does it work ok just off the battery in the car? or any AC => DC converter power supply you can get from Jaycar (australian store) etc?
Aside from the discharge and motor run-in functions, why is it better than the Novak? (Yes moderators I will post this in a new thread as well)
Old 07-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Here are some new problems.

Originally posted by brushless
This past weekend when I was racing, my Pro 4 all of a sudden wouldn't move any more. One of the rear wheels would spin freely. (Is that a word?) I took the rear diff apart and found out that the diff bolt head had totally broken off. I didn't have a replacement, so I replaced it with Associated's T-Nut thrust bolt, part number 6575. It went together fine and functioned properly. A few runs later I heard a spoadic clicking sound that sounded like it was coming from the rear of the car. I checked the spur and pinion gears and they were fine. I also took apart the front and rear diff and all the gears looked fine too. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

P.S. I haven't run the car since I took it apart and put it back together.

I also bent a front dog bone, but that's another story.
I had this problem .... on the purple dog bone the silver pin becomes loose and moves out further to one side and this clips the edge of the ball-stud that holds the turnbuckle above. Just even up the pin that seats in the outdrives and problem solved. Especially noticeable if you have removed some of the spacers below the ball-stud.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by azenis
That was the other one i was looking at
On Tower it mentions other things you need to get with it, and points to a small lead battery, does it work ok just off the battery in the car? or any AC => DC converter power supply you can get from Jaycar (australian store) etc?
Aside from the discharge and motor run-in functions, why is it better than the Novak? (Yes moderators I will post this in a new thread as well)
Don't post in new thread. Just do a search or something.

You will need to get a Power Supply (ex. US 120vAC->12vDC). You can get a fairly cheap one. A 10amp one will be enough.

In my opinion, those features make it more worth the money. Motor run in is very helpful for powering Comm Lathes, and breaking in motors. The discharger only discharges at 10a, but better than nothing.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by DOTMAN
Does anyone know where I can get a spool for the Pro4?
Build One!

HPI are working on a factory one and Hara has been testing so it should be released in the next couple of months I guess. I built one and it works great .... there is another thread I started on how to do it 'Building a spool'.

Old 07-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

You will need to get a Power Supply (ex. US 120vAC->12vDC). You can get a fairly cheap one. A 10amp one will be enough.
Wont it run off a car battery?
Old 07-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rc-zombies
the 75190 diff brace will fit hte version 1 gears..
if you have lots of version 1 gears get the PRP diff plate.. I think it's better than HPI's... the Plate covers the entire gear.
Thanks zombies. I have a lots of those old gears. I just wonder when Rc Model get those new gear set ver 1.1? I send email to them... and i`ll wait answer.

Why? Reason is, at i have a good relationship with Rc Model and make all my orders from them
Old 07-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally posted by Erik Shauver

Trinity2: If you got your car in the US (kit#185), give HPI USA customer service a call about the new gears and the one-way brace.

-E [/B]
Erik.

Yeah, i got mine #185 from SpeedTech last spring.

I live in Finland, so is it problem to give a call?

Sorry my bad english.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.