Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

I know this is the Pro4 thread but does anyone here know where I can get a titanium turnbuckle set for the HPI Pro2 (preferebly purple).

Thanks
Old 07-19-2004, 02:05 PM

Why adding weight at motor area? Isn't that make RR even more heavier?
Old 07-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Aku-Man
Why adding weight at motor area? Isn't that make RR even more heavier?
the car has tons of steering... adding weight near the motor area helps improve rear traction...and reduce some steering as well. the car is more balanced.... one of the racers at my track has the weights the full lenth of the right chassis... end of servo to the motor...and his car handles very well...
Old 07-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rod_b
I know this is the Pro4 thread but does anyone here know where I can get a titanium turnbuckle set for the HPI Pro2 (preferebly purple).

Thanks
Rod, do a search on the HPI sites for the titanium turnbuckle set (it's purple ). Your local shop may be able to order it for you, or look for it online.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
....or soon to be released version from HPI which is offset about .5mm to improve handling...
Zombie....what part of the hub is offset?

Its good to see Hara beat all the other guys down like that at the nationals. Lets see what happens at the Worlds.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Kevin K
Zombie....what part of the hub is offset?

Its good to see Hara beat all the other guys down like that at the nationals. Lets see what happens at the Worlds.
I think the main axle is offset about .5mm back from vertical..

sorry..don't have any part #...looking for it as well...
Old 07-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks.....

Let us all know of the number when you find it or if anyone else does feel free to post that part number.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default Help me! My car's handling like crap!!!

Ok so i went to the track yesterday to race 19 turn rubber out on our big asphault track. I set the car up with pretty much the box stock setup save for a couple of things: AE blue springs all the way around, rear shocks innermost hole on tower, front camber set to -1 just about (why does the stock setup have positive camber???) CS32 tires, geared 98/36. The first time I took it out for practice, it wouldnt hook up at all, I did maybe one or two turns with it before I decided something was very wrong. So I switched from the 32's to a set of 23's- thats how bad it was. This didnt help of anything, it plowed right through the entrance of each corner and as soon as I picked up the throttle, the rear end swung around. By this point Im getting very pissed, and breaking an a arm before any racing had even started didnt help much. So after I got the arm replaced... (thank you to Tim, I think it was Tim, for selling me the spare arm) ...I raised the rear shocks back up to the stock setting and swapped in the stock gold and silver springs and sauced the rear tires. Heat 1: the car was better, but lets just say I was still mad. It still pushed, not surprising for the amount of traction compound I put on those rears. But it also STILL SPUN OUT, almost as if the compound had never been there. I couldnt think of what else to do until the 3rd heat when I took off both the sway bars, this helped quite a bit but I still couldnt keep up with the other guys. By the main I was back to the 32s with compound on all 4 corners. This was the best handling set up I found all day, and it was still crap. Now it did this weird snapping type thing were it would turn in hard, off throttle, making the rear tires break loose, but then when I'd get on the gas the rears would catch and it would just push badly, but it wasnt a gradual or linear type thing like you'd expect, the whole car would just completely snap offline and wiggle for a moment before composing itself again (sort of)

can somebody help me here, I love this car, but man was it aggravating to drive yesterday
Old 07-19-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah what he said///I have been fighting the same issues from day one.Except I started with the stock setup and changed everything one thing at a time without much help.I have now gone to a standard diff in the front and ditched the one-way.Have not driven the car since this change.I also have added 1 degree of anti-squat to try to help too...
Old 07-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default well...

I had troubles with my car spinning out also, make sure you sauce all 4 tires and check the rear diff. if you hold one tire and the spur gear and you can still spin the opposite wheel your diff. is to loose. also If it only spun to one side then your chassis could be tweaked. thats what I would think
Old 07-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

S15Racer - I switched to AE Gold springs all the way around and it made the car feel more stable all the way around. Also, are you running the stock droop settings? Sounds like too much weight is being thrown around. You can reduce the droop more on the front and rear of the car to have it run flatter not roll so much.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This looks like the new offset knuckle part# ---

31414 - Aluminum front knuckle (trail attaching /Pro4) - ¥3,800 -7/8 shipments
Old 07-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by robk
This looks like the new offset knuckle part# ---

31414 - Aluminum front knuckle (trail attaching /Pro4) - ¥3,800 -7/8 shipments
Thanks!!!..
and it's in stock at R10

3023430231414,HPI,,3800yen,31414 PRO4 ALUMINUM FRONT UPRIGHT SET
Old 07-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

try also taking the rear metal spacer from the rear toe blocks out it will help settle the car a little
Old 07-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Any of you guys try a little anti dive on the front you can still keep your settings fairly soft................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.