Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Skill
PRP make a "TruSpin" spur gear plate which goes on the side with the screws, this should help.

Also, Square make a spur gear plate machined with the output shaft so there shouldn't be any play in that.
Do you have part #'s and where I can get/look at these items?
Old 07-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Pit Racer.....here is the web addy.....they also have a very nice chassis that is due out very sooon....take a look.

http://www.teamprpracing.com/
Old 07-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ooo..
new side braces...

It looks like they may break under impact
Old 07-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Super Steve
ooo..
new side braces...

not to mention they might take the bottom chassis with it by cracking at the brace post screw holes.

Though I hope thats not possible, coz the chassis looks wicked.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Super Steve
ooo..
new side braces...

The Braces are there to protect all your electronic gear. It would have to be one heck of a hit to break them plus with them being out of 3mm carbon its some really strong stuff. I would think that you would break the screw or bend the screw before the brace broke. Also they are not up very high so it would take a really strange hit like an up wards or down wards hit to bust the braces off. Anything is possible with an RC car so its not out of the realm not going to happen but I would say its would be VERY strange hit to bust them off.....or just leave them off and not worry about it.

I have been usingand testing the proto-type chassis and its just as wicked fast and it looks. Anyone looking to make the car faster and more consistant and have even more adjustments this would be the chassis for you.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

Whoa!! Anyone knows what happend to RcModels old site??

Now they look a like strange to me
Old 07-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by PW
New Part!

TR9502 Alloy input shafts now available from Titanium Racing/Schumacher
Yeah, real nice... but where can we get them, here in the states? Also, what happened to the Ti CVDs, they were suppose to release?
Old 07-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Initiate

has anyone try the tc3 shock springs on their pro4? i have the complete set and i wouldn't want buy more springs. i've used the springs in my tamiya cars and it seems to work well. any thoughts on using them on the pro4?
Old 07-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by peachpie
has anyone try the tc3 shock springs on their pro4? i have the complete set and i wouldn't want buy more springs. i've used the springs in my tamiya cars and it seems to work well. any thoughts on using them on the pro4?
They work just fine
Old 07-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
They work just fine
cool. thanks
Old 07-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Is anyone running a fan on there pro4 yet? I just installed one on the car and haven't have run it yet. If I get the time I will get some Pic's up.But to make things clear it doesnt look all that good, but as long as it does it's job thats all i care about.

lazy
Old 07-11-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by lazyboy
Is anyone running a fan on there pro4 yet? I just installed one on the car and haven't have run it yet. If I get the time I will get some Pic's up.But to make things clear it doesnt look all that good, but as long as it does it's job thats all i care about.

lazy
Yeah for a while i was running the reedy heatsink/fan combonation. I thought it worked well but it did make me glitch . So i was dissapointed about that. were did you position your fan at? if the redd fan would have not caused me to glitch i would have probably had the blue re-anodized purple. Man that would have been sweet
Old 07-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Purple rules!

I just came back from my LHS Sunday race and I broke 2 main shaft drive cups (same ones, the rear one). I was running 2wd for almost half the race. Has anyone had this problem before? I have O Ring spacers in there and it's nice and tight.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Purple rules!

I just came back from my LHS Sunday race and I broke 2 main shaft drive cups (same ones, the rear one). I was running 2wd for almost half the race. Has anyone had this problem before? I have O Ring spacers in there and it's nice and tight.
How were you running 2wd if the rear drive shaft cup was broken? It would be impossible for power to get to the front. And i cant say i have had any troubles with breaking shaft cups. The only thing i find my self still replacing is front cvd's. I have gone through about 3 sets but everything else is great about the car.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Hudy Winner,

He’s talking about the center drive shaft cup. Not the rear diff drive cup.

DOMOisCOOL,

I normally run very low wind motors on high traction surfaces. I have not experienced this problem myself. Are you running a front diff or one-way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.