Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-29-2004, 10:07 AM   #5836
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
The Xray shocks suck big time..cool idea on the clickers,but the shocks are not very good.HPI vrs. TRF in my opinon they are so close I think it's a waste of money..but it's not my car or money..
I agree with xxxkat on the shocks. I don't think the TRF will yield any performance benefits. The HPI ones are a very good shock. Of all the shocks I do like the Tamiya Flourine shocks but the HPI are a very close second. I would use either type without hesitation.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:32 AM   #5837
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Associated TC3 CVD Bones

Quote:
Originally posted by senna555
I have been using them for some time in rear with mod...and I also run them in stock in the front on carpet. I use the stock alum ones with mod as I run a oneway on asphalt.

However I would recommend that you buy the Irs pin cushions. I installed them in both axle set and it adds to live of outdrive and diff half.

Jamie

jamie,

Tnx for the reply, how about the hpi main carbon shaft? Can it last longer for mod also?

Rodjard
tsolokoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 02:21 PM   #5838
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally posted by lazyboy
has anyone been messing around with different types of shocks on the pro4? i mean dont get me wrong the pro4 shocks are awsome, but i was thinking of geting some of the xray clicker shocks and trying those along with some other little things that i can post later about ounce i get all the info from a buddy of mine. and possible some pictures.

lazy
I don't have the PRO 4 yet, but I can share the input about the Serpent/Xray 4 level clickers damper....it is probably the best shock ever (that I use on all my gas car).......you can change damper by just clicking it...no need to replace the damper....and 4 shocks with springs and everything....$36. ($9 each, that is CHEAP)

However, I am also told by some experience racer, you don't really want to change the shock to some after market stuff or from other chassis......especially car like PRO4, they develope those shock just for PRO 4....no other car else (from HPI)......suddenly you change to Serpent/Xray version...it might change the geometry of the whole design, and SHOCK is very critical on the car.......

I can see ppl do use Tamiya shock instead........I am sure they are better, but just want to make sure they might not necessary work better on PRO 4.........and from looking at the PRO 4 shocks, they look like some high quality stuff, not like their typical RS4 RTR stuff....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 02:24 PM   #5839
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
has anyone been messing around with different types of shocks on the pro4? i mean dont get me wrong the pro4 shocks are awsome, but i was thinking of geting some of the xray clicker shocks and trying those along with some other little things that i can post later about ounce i get all the info from a buddy of mine. and possible some pictures.

lazy
dude, just drive!
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:49 PM   #5840
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

One problem with changing over to another type of shock is going to be setup help. If your using brand X shocks and everyone else is using HPI shocks and you ask for setup help what they tell you will not translate over to your car with brand X's shocks on. I have seen this many times with people who try Tamiya or Xray shocks on TC3's and struggle with the car then go back to stock shocks and they are right back on track with a setup. Plus like many others have stated HPI shocks are some of the best ones around....there is no real need to change them other then to be different.

Lazy...just like Troy said just DRIVE
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:06 PM   #5841
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

Why fix what is not broke?

Time spent practicing or racing would be a much wiser investment of time and money.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:41 PM   #5842
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

should the shocks be rebuilt last before a meeting? cuz i find them loosing rebound pressure after a day and or even hours after rebuilding.

or does it matter at all?

im talking about rebound with the spring off FYI

thanks
rc_square24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:39 PM   #5843
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to lazyboy

TROY(trs6), i made the A 2 weeks in a row, finished 1st last week and 4 today my car is F*%king dialed all i can say is that this car is AWSOME!!!!! cant wait for foam season to start

lazy
Trackside hobbies
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:41 PM   #5844
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

You said you weren't gonna run foam
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:07 PM   #5845
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to lazyboy

umm
well
see
umm
i dont have a answer for that
ya
lol

dont ask why i wrote like this lol

lazyboy
Trackside hobbies
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:53 AM   #5846
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin K
One problem with changing over to another type of shock is going to be setup help. If your using brand X shocks and everyone else is using HPI shocks and you ask for setup help what they tell you will not translate over to your car with brand X's shocks on. I have seen this many times with people who try Tamiya or Xray shocks on TC3's and struggle with the car then go back to stock shocks and they are right back on track with a setup. Plus like many others have stated HPI shocks are some of the best ones around....there is no real need to change them other then to be different.

I agree. The xray shocks are excellent... for an xray. When I had my T1 I loved the adjustable feature, especially when they came out with the keyed shaft so you wouldn't strip the piston. I think the HPI shocks are an excellent design and pretty too!
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:52 AM   #5847
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
TROY(trs6), i made the A 2 weeks in a row, finished 1st last week and 4 today my car is F*%king dialed all i can say is that this car is AWSOME!!!!! cant wait for foam season to start

lazy
great...now make small adjustments....not big ones like starting all over on a clean slate.

just get wheel time
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:19 AM   #5848
Tech Initiate

Default Hardened Diff outdrives

As above does anyone make them for the pro 4?

My composite ones seem to wear quite a lot
Rich_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:24 AM   #5849
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default aftermarket ball cups?

If this has been asked and answered I apologize. I wish we could search through individual threads! (can we somehow?)

I'm looking for new ball cups to replace the slightly whimpy stock ball cups. I noticed that Hara has used RPM ball cups on his pro4. I've looked on the RPM site but could not find any cups for the Pro4 4.3 ball ends.

Can anybody help me out? If not RPM stuff, then what do you guys use to upgrade the stock ball cups?
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:15 AM   #5850
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin K

Kevin K....saw you ran your PRO 4 Sunday at TP...........you did great, and I am in the middle of receiving a PRO 4 as well, and trying to convert Nexus and Euge to do so....(I converted them to run Nitro TC but didn't work at the end)............in the future, definitely need your help on the PRO 4 at RSJ.....the last time I race electric was when the Kyosho Mid Optima 4WD win the IFMAR off road championship in 4WD class...........electric stuff does CHANGED alot since then.

P.S...........does Pro 4 need immediate upgade to the 3mm chassis like from BMI? For electric newbie like me, does the stock 2.5mm (I think...or is that 2mm?) chassis still gives me a RACE performance...? Thanks....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote