Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCBuddha
Venom,

I tried various solutions to the problem, but i've concluded that its the arrangements of the diff parts (i.e, having the spring on the same side as the thrust bearing) is a design that cannot keep its settings. Period.

Did I try the AE spring and nut combo? Yes. Did it still loosen? Yes. Was the diff loosening to a point where its noticeable? A little. Did I wanna keep trying to make something work? Why bother?

I had the same problems with my plastic AE diffs and my SD diffs. I've asked numerous times for SOME explanation of why HPI decided to go with the design; with NO answer...

Erik Shauver,
Care to explain why that design was chosen?

My best recommendation is to keep the diff as tight as possible without locking it up completely. The downside is that you'll have to keep tightening after every run.
Buddha,

I must be one of the lucky ones since the only thing that I did was use the AE diff spring when I assembled it and the diff has stayed nice and tight yet smooth and I have raced the car approximately 5 or 6 race days.

I did, however, use the Accer ceramic diff balls, but I do not think that would be why the diff is staying tight.

Just food for thought.

Mike
Old 06-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

For those interested in our HTS racing chassis kit, our special offer ends June 30th. Check out our site or our Team PRP forum here on RC Tech if you are interested in checking it out.

Thanks guys!
B
Old 06-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

With the diffs and and how they work loose....I have tried the Associated parts and they still loosen....the only fix is a little blue lock tite. Once I did this I never had them loosen up again.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kevin K
With the diffs and and how they work loose....I have tried the Associated parts and they still loosen....the only fix is a little blue lock tite. Once I did this I never had them loosen up again.
This works great!! but also I have given the nut a little squeeze with a set of plyers to helps a little to
-Dave
Old 06-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

I've been trying to drfit with my Pro 4 latly, and i've been using the Yokomo Drifting tires and rings, but it seems that every time i try to drift into a corner, i lose my torque and it also seems to slip too much in the in back. Help?
Old 06-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Dave said nut and squeeze in the same sentence..
Old 06-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by xxxkat
Dave said nut and squeeze in the same sentence..
Dang I knew someone would catch that
-Dave
Old 06-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Even mentioned of pliers along with it.. ouch
Old 06-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default lol

jeez am I in the right thread? I thought this was the pro 4 thread haha jk
Old 06-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Woo-hoo!

Guys;

Finally got the Car working good.

Moving the Antenna to the upper deck really made a BIG difference in helping with the glitching problem.

The suspension changes that I made helped make the Car very drivable and it was a pleasure to drive for the first time.

2 comments:

1) The rear diff comes loose every run. I have to agree that I also believe that it is design related, as 'RCBuddha' has stated.
Really only a minor issue, but it would be nice to have 1 less thing to worry about on race day. I already have the AE parts and Loctite handy to help minimize the problem.

2) I also had some problems with the Steering not staying centered and realized that the Servo had moved after a few side impact from some other cars. My solution was to Shoe-Goo the servo to the chassis along with the Aluminum mounts (bling factor).

Thanks to everyone,
Steven
Old 06-21-2004, 09:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by TeamPRP
For those interested in our HTS racing chassis kit, our special offer ends June 30th. Check out our site or our Team PRP forum here on RC Tech if you are interested in checking it out.

Thanks guys!
B
PRP,

Just a "thought" if I may. How about designing some diff outdrives that assemble the diffs like AE uses in their B4 and T4? I dont' think aluminum outdrives would be too much heavier, and if they are designed like this:

http://download.teamassociated.com/p...rawing_tc3.pdf

I think the diff setting won't come loose as badly. I can remember not having to reset my diffs as much on my RC10's when the diff was built like this.....
Old 06-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Buddha,
Where have you been? I've been doing really well with the Pro4 at socal. Slim tried to move me up this last Sat. but I asked him not to, cause I don't think I can handle the extra minute yet. Hope to see you there soon.

Jei
Old 06-21-2004, 09:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by jbackslash
Hey Buddha,
Where have you been? I've been doing really well with the Pro4 at socal. Slim tried to move me up this last Sat. but I asked him not to, cause I don't think I can handle the extra minute yet. Hope to see you there soon.

Jei
YGPM Jei.....

Glad to hear your doing well, i was getting worried that the EVO was keeping you from the front of the pack....
Old 06-22-2004, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

i finally give in after not being able to get it running right for me.

so i decided to put it on ebay..here it is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...905396524&rd=1

maybe one of you guys get get it running awesome, i guess it just wasnt made for me
Old 06-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by raving-monkey
i finally give in after not being able to get it running right for me.

so i decided to put it on ebay..here it is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...905396524&rd=1

maybe one of you guys get get it running awesome, i guess it just wasnt made for me
what couldn't you get it to do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.