Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: JET CAMBER MOUNT

Originally posted by Entropy
Hows the weight difference like compared to stock?

I'm thinking whether I should get the CF camber mount which should be lighter than the alu one you got.
I weight both...
It's twice as heavy as the stock pieces...
Old 06-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: JET CAMBER MOUNT

Originally posted by pucho
DO you know if R10 has them in stock, could you give me a Part# It looks good, but I rather have it in black. Too mucho Bling Bling for my style, but it looks good.
R10 doesn't carry Jet parts...I got mine from RcModel in HK.. I ordered early morning thurs.. recieved confirmation and shipped the same day... took about a week via registered air... will be faster via EMS priority. but I was in no hurry...
Old 06-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Entropy, I am with you on the Carbon Fiber camber mount. That would be a nice piece to see.

Blake, I have ran mod sedan since I got the car and the only thing (knock on wood) that I have broke were a few gears. That was on high bite concrete with mod motors. Since I got the PRP brace I have yet to break a gear. I have hit some walls and other cars let along getting speared by a back marker after he hit a corner dot when I was passing him and he nailed my right rear hub/wheel and the car never missed a step. It is much tougher than people think. Now I did see a Pro4 break an arm and cvd bone but I guarantee you the hit the car took would have broken an Xray even and those cars are built like an M1 Abrams!!! Toughest car on the market. I believe that on the arms you can get them from Japan. There is some sort of situation here in the states at the moment but I am sure that is being addressed as the car is the most competitive car HPI has built to date. It is on pace with every other car on the market and compared to some cars even more so!!!
Old 06-11-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. I break C-Hubs on the XRay about 1 every race weekend and maybe 1 steering knuckle every 4-5 weekends.

So you're saying get some gears, and bones. What about suspension parts?

Blake
Old 06-11-2004, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Are there any pics of these new bevel gears?

Carbon fibre camber link mounts would be cool, I know I've seen pics of Hara's car with them on, would be much lighter than the alloy ones and look just as good!
Old 06-11-2004, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Yea the CF camber mounts would be nice...the aluminum ones will do for now... I don't think I'll have a hard time selling it if the CF one do come out... If it doesn't...I may have someone machine one out for me... the only problem I see with the CF one is that you have to use a locknut to hold the ball and space is pretty tight under the mount...
Old 06-11-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Thinking about a Pro4

Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Ok, I'm thinking of trying a Pro4. What are you guys breaking? I know the arms are in short supply right?

Blake
Wow-you just mised the deal of the century on mine Blake. BMI chassis-all the tuning blocks, spares etc!!! You'll LOVE it at ULtra and probably Zanesville too. I hear Jr. is just flying with his. Its tuneable, fast and almost best of all-its belt car quiet!!

Ray
Old 06-11-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I know Ray...I'm still not sure I'm wanting to switch. Figure I'll make the switch then if I don't like it, go to the Xray FK.

Blake
Old 06-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

if ur doin things right, u wont break anything, but, we all have our little incidents... anyways, hpi started shipping out the new arms the beginning of this week. hopefully they will be over here in md 2day!! or, i will just wait a lil while longer for arms!
Old 06-11-2004, 11:54 AM
The Evicerator

Hmm... no one's asked this in about 24 hours....

How should I gear a pro4? :P

hehehehehe

Got some 'taters???
Old 06-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Evicerator

hehehehehe
I've pretty much gone by the manuals suggestions. These suggestions are across the board higher(or lower...depending on how you word it) than I usually run. But it seems to work for this car with its super free drivetrain. I haven't had any dumping or over heating problems, so I've stuck with them.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Evicerator

hehehehehe

Got some 'taters???

a PRO4 hummm very interesting
Old 06-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Thinking about a Pro4

Originally posted by rayhuang
Wow-you just mised the deal of the century on mine Blake. BMI chassis-all the tuning blocks, spares etc!!! You'll LOVE it at ULtra and probably Zanesville too. I hear Jr. is just flying with his. Its tuneable, fast and almost best of all-its belt car quiet!!

Ray
No actually Ray, I just missed the deal of the century

Originally posted by TeamPRP
I received your order Wednesday night and it shipped Thursday morning! If I knew it was a contest we could have done express mail
Well PRP, you need not fret, as of now your shipment is in the lead, with Speedtech in second and Tower bringing up the rear. I love package tracking
Old 06-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default set-up

Does anyone have a good 19-turn set-up for a high traction out door asphault track???
Old 06-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: set-up

Originally posted by HuDy WiNnEr
Does anyone have a good 19-turn set-up for a high traction out door asphault track???
Try Thad's/ Hara's set-up from the Reedy race. That would be the best starting point...it was posted a few pages back by Eric.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.