Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 05-31-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by Erik Shauver
Supply Chain:

I hate to revisit this issue again, but myself and Frank were simply illustrating the supply chain, where it works and where it sometimes doesn't. We tried to illustrate the possible scenarios, and then sugtgested if all else fails, then we simply haven't ordered enough. Now there are some vicious rumors about how the supply chain works/ doesn't... and I want to nip those in the bud. That said, for whatever reason, our office doesn't seem to be ordering enough of the "Consumable" items. I've been working on the people who do the ordering, so bear with us. However, I hope everyone understands we aren't ignoring it. I can do my best to try to get more parts orders in, but as with any company, the designers are not in charge of the buying, so my influence is limited there. I have definatly been letting people know that there aren't enough parts out there yet for our market.
Yeah, "vicious rumors"...LOL...they actually have the ring of truth though...and it makes more sense than an RC company that doesn't think people will break the arms on a touring car.

Glad to hear you guys finally owning up to dropping the ball, though.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: spurs

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
are they using the 64 pitch spur? Those can be stripped easily in a decent crash. Make sure the motor is tight and the mesh isn't too loose.

if that the stock spur that comes with the kit then that's it; but doug gaut said , some guys aren't stripping theirs so it may be a complete guess as to what the problem is
Old 05-31-2004, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

When xray spits out their SD, the Pro 4 will be a distant memory due to the parts issue. It's too bad, it really is a nice design.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

JayBee, something that might be happening is this. I am running Robinson Racing's alum 64p pinion gears and they have a longer shank where the set screw goes. On many motors the flat spot on the shaft is not long enough so I cannot get a full pinion gear mesh with the spur gear. If you try to move the gear farther on the shaft you will end up tightening the set screw on the round part of the shaft and the pinion gear will start to wobble very quickly which would eat the spur gear in a second. It does not hurt to not have the pinion totally covering the spur gear. Less friction!! Just an idea any way of what might be happening.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You just said
it.
I was asked
to run in a Mod class last week. I
needed a pinion that I don't usually
use. It had that tad bit of spacer on
it. The pinion was not 100% centered
on the spur.

First slight touch of
a wall, BINGO, 1/2 stripped spur
gear!
Old 05-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Antonio Sabato
you look like you're really putting some effort in that race, keep up the good work!
Old 05-31-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Xray have no plans for a SD car in the near future (not within 12 months) they tell me...
If the parts for the Pro4 are so hard to get in the USA I cant imagine they will be any better here in Aus...
Old 05-31-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
Yeah, "vicious rumors"...LOL...they actually have the ring of truth though...and it makes more sense than an RC company that doesn't think people will break the arms on a touring car.

Glad to hear you guys finally owning up to dropping the ball, though.

i think maybe hpi is in the static model business now. i just got my pro 4 and i'm not giving up on it because i really really like it but man, hpi still seems to be stuck in the pro 3's shadow and probably needs to "offshore" some of the dead wood they have working there.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Does anyone have a spare part #73511? It's the little part that retains the sway bars front and rear. It comes on the diff case tree. I'm missing one. If you do, pm me.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

i think maybe hpi is in the static model business now. i just got my pro 4 and i'm not giving up on it because i really really like it but man, hpi still seems to be stuck in the pro 3's shadow and probably needs to "offshore" some of the dead wood they have working there.
What I really enjoy is the finger-pointing.

"It's not my fault, it's not our fault, that's a different department, yada, yada..."

Totally unacceptable business practice, IMO. If you find out there's a problem, then just handle it.

What would it cost to red label a box or two of arms from Asia? Not as much as the goodwill they've squandered.

So...does anyone want a Pro 4 and some spares? I don't want to sell it (but I would, pretty cheap). I just want to trade it for something interesting (preferably metric)...on-road or offroad electric. I'd put it in the "For sale " section, but they don't exactly seem to be getting snatched up these days.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Hey smokin Joe it's Charlie O, you going to the heat for the summer slam right? if you aren't happy with the HPI, try a TC3 they work for me! (you bringing the land rocket to R/C heat)
Old 05-31-2004, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

would be keen if u were in aus, dont know how much freight to australia would be for it...
how cheap are you talking?
what do you mean by "preferably metric"?

Last edited by azenis; 05-31-2004 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Charlie O
Hey smokin Joe it's Charlie O, you going to the heat for the summer slam right? if you aren't happy with the HPI, try a TC3 they work for me! (you bringing the land rocket to R/C heat)
I actually just got one to mess with.
Remember Mark from HobbyTown? He lent me his.

Yeah, I plan on bringing the wagon...just waiting on the turbo (went "poof" at Fontana). I should have it back by mid-week or so. Bring your F201.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by azenis
would be keen if u were in aus, dont know how much freight to australia would be for it...
how cheap are you talking?
what do you mean by "oreferably metric"?
Freight probably wouldn't be too much if you aren't in a hurry. I was thinking $250 or so...I bought it for $280 and I have at least $125-150 in spares.

I would rather stick with "metric" cars, because I have all sorts of hardware and decent tools for them. Yokomo, Tamiya, Xray all use metric fasteners, AE and Losi are SAE. For example, I bought Yokomo bearings, screws and shims to assemble the spare gearbox.

I just don't want to start from scratch.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
Freight probably wouldn't be too much if you aren't in a hurry. I was thinking $250 or so...I bought it for $280 and I have at least $125-150 in spares.

I would rather stick with "metric" cars, because I have all sorts of hardware and decent tools for them. Yokomo, Tamiya, Xray all use metric fasteners, AE and Losi are SAE. For example, I bought Yokomo bearings, screws and shims to assemble the spare gearbox.

I just don't want to start from scratch.
pm me what spares you have, i might be interested.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.