Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 05-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by CraigH
You know I feel sorry for Erik S. from HPI. He designs a awesome car like the pro4. Very well thought out good looking and great handling. But HPI drops the ball on parts support. Its been two months and still no arms available. They have hop ups but no spares for the car. I like the car, i havent had any problems as far as tweak. I have broken 1 gear, and 2 arms. I deserved to break it. They were very hard hits from dumb driving by me. But come on HPI. I would like to start pushing the car harder but too scared to because there is no parts. Maybe Xray has a job opening for Erik S.? Xray is my next car. I think I will just hang this beautiful car on wall.
It looks like you guys in the States are getting the short end of the stick when it come to getting parts for the Pro4 ... I guess I have been a bit Spoiled .... since I have never run into a problem getting any part for the Pro4 here in Japan ... But then again.... flip th coin around... If I owned a TC3 or a X-Ray I would bewaiting forever and ever to get Parts and when they did come in I would pay major $$ Can you say 20$ for TC3 front a-arms, 100$ for a spare chassis...and not to mention that the Factory Team TC3 Kit Costs in the realm of 500$ ...
I think that HPI still has a winner here they just need to Balance out where they send there parts to

-Dave
Old 05-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default arms

Rainbow ten just informed me that arms are back in stock. If your from the states its a good deal. I orderd arms, hubs, knuckles, universals, tires, suspension blocks. and shipping was about 13 dollars US. SHould take about 6 days.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You know I feel sorry for Erik S. from HPI. He designs a awesome car like the pro4. Very well thought out good looking and great handling. But HPI drops the ball on parts support. Its been two months and still no arms available. They have hop ups but no spares for the car. I like the car, i havent had any problems as far as tweak. I have broken 1 gear, and 2 arms. I deserved to break it. They were very hard hits from dumb driving by me. But come on HPI. I would like to start pushing the car harder but too scared to because there is no parts. Maybe Xray has a job opening for Erik S.? Xray is my next car. I think I will just hang this beautiful car on wall.
Erik said there is plenty of parts in the warehouse...it's the HS and Distributors not order them to keep the shelves stocked up....
Xray's next sedan will be shaft drive... I bet you can't wait for that car to come out... I know I can't.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Erik said there is plenty of parts in the warehouse...it's the HS and Distributors not order them to keep the shelves stocked up....
Xray's next sedan will be shaft drive... I bet you can't wait for that car to come out... I know I can't.
He stated that before but that's very hard to believe that the shops and distributors are not placing any orders. They're being more than a bit deceptive concerning the parts issue. Any recent updates on the xray sd?
Old 05-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

it's the HS and Distributors not order them to keep the shelves stocked up
Thats horses*** . I know for a fact that every hobbystore here in KC has several sets on backorder from the distributers. I ordered a set when the car came out and they didnt have them then either.
RCZ- If Xrays next car is a shaft drive then I will own it. The main thing i dont like about them now is the saddle pack. Its more of a hassle to deal with. I have never had a problem with saddle packs but once you get used to straight packs its so much easier.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Thats horses*** . I know for a fact that every hobbystore here in KC has several sets on backorder from the distributers. I ordered a set when the car came out and they didnt have them then either.
Amen. I had an ex-HPI/HB employee here the other night and he was telling me all about the overseas parts "issues". All kinds of drama and crooked stuff going on.

Mine's back in the box and it's gonna stay there until I find something halfway cool to trade it for... I just can't bring myself to get a TC-3...LOL

If anyone wants it, PM me with an offer, either money or interesting trades (preferred). I have one extra front arm and a couple rears, a spare CVD, a few sets of bevel gears, a complete front gearbox w/one-way(had to use Yokomo parts to assemble it.) and an extra ball diff(assembled with the wrong balls...). Oh yeah...HB bumper brace, extra shaft and a few other things I'm sure I forgot. It's not hacked up, but the main chassis has plenty of parking lot scrapes...no digital camera.

I'm a "metric" kinda guy and I need something that will take some abuse and have halfway decent parts availability. I live in SoCal, so I can get parts for pretty much anything locally, except for the Pro 4.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
Amen. I had an ex-HPI/HB employee here the other night and he was telling me all about the overseas parts "issues". All kinds of drama and crooked stuff going on.

Mine's back in the box and it's gonna stay there until I find something halfway cool to trade it for... I just can't bring myself to get a TC-3...LOL

If anyone wants it, PM me with an offer, either money or interesting trades (preferred). I have one extra front arm and a couple rears, a spare CVD, a few sets of bevel gears, a complete front gearbox w/one-way(had to use Yokomo parts to assemble it.) and an extra ball diff(assembled with the wrong balls...). Oh yeah...HB bumper brace, extra shaft and a few other things I'm sure I forgot. It's not hacked up, but the main chassis has plenty of parking lot scrapes...no digital camera.

I'm a "metric" kinda guy and I need something that will take some abuse and have halfway decent parts availability. I live in SoCal, so I can get parts for pretty much anything locally, except for the Pro 4.
Well what's the scuttlebutt? Dish it out, what did he tell you?
Old 05-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Well what's the scuttlebutt? Dish it out, what did he tell you?
Basically that there's a bunch of crooked stuff that goes on between the manufacturer and the asian distributors who he said basically "hijack" all the new stuff and keep it for themselves. There's either outright theft or bribery involved or both. The end result is that asia gets all/most of the new/current parts and we get what's left.

He said that it's been going on for years and it seems like they don't know how to fix the system.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rod_b
Nothing is wrong with them. It's just a pain sometimes trying not to lose the spacers.
also some rims with shallow hexes will not stay locked on the hub or will go out of place
Old 05-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Basically that there's a bunch of crooked stuff that goes on between the manufacturer and the asian distributors who he said basically "hijack" all the new stuff and keep it for themselves. There's either outright theft or bribery involved or both. The end result is that asia gets all/most of the new/current parts and we get what's left.

He said that it's been going on for years and it seems like they don't know how to fix the system.
This is outrageous if it's even close to true. So we in the states have to either order parts from asia or go without?
Old 05-30-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

how do you guys make sure that the beveled gear on the oneway is centered since the screws arent countersunk?

ive ordered the prp brace(not for this purpose, but breakage), will that help abit?
Old 05-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rc_square24
how do you guys make sure that the beveled gear on the oneway is centered since the screws arent countersunk?

ive ordered the prp brace(not for this purpose, but breakage), will that help abit?
That's the best investment you can make..
Old 05-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

This is outrageous if it's even close to true. So we in the states have to either order parts from asia or go without?
That's what it sounded like...at least when the stuff is first out.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

That doesnt sound right. HPI is a american/japan company. The main plant builds the parts and also distributes them to USA and Europe. Then they get sent from there to the distributers. Why is there a distributer in between the to buildings? Its all HPI whether is in Japan.USA, or UK. It sounds like a disgruntled employee.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

.... Any recent updates on the xray sd?
patiance grass-hopper...patiance...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.