Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 05-30-2004, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

hmm...strange.

are them scratches off the bevel gear?

as i cant see any scratches in mine..i just looked...wierd aint it!
Old 05-30-2004, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rc_square24
why does my setup system(hudy type) shows that one side of my rear axles as 2deg(exactly) and the other as 3deg.

the car is new, stock parts so the 2deg side should be 3 instead of 2.

anyway to fix this or its my systems problem? im using the integy made set.

i also found that on both diff cases there were material scratched off where the beveled gear spins closest to, even with one shim on the bearing.

this is what i did
Looks like you have something on or in backwards. I don't have my car in front of me to compare untill tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

why does my setup system(hudy type) shows that one side of my rear axles as 2deg(exactly) and the other as 3deg.

i also found that on both diff cases there were material scratched off where the beveled gear spins closest to, even with one shim on the bearing.

this is what i did
rc_square24;

Actually with set-up gauges, EACH side should read 1.5 degrees for a total of 3 degrees (with the kit supplied rear block).
If the Car has been run already, look for a bent hinge pin. The rear hub carriers are indentical, so you can't make a mistake there.

The rubbing marks indicates some kind of binding going on. I would inspect everything again carefully. Might be that you need an extra shim on that side to keep the gear(s) from being pushed into the case sides under power.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default 6mm clamping Hex Hubs

rc-zombies;

Glad you mentioned that about the ones from HPI. I kept my backorder with Tower just in case.

JDM_DOHC_SiR;

I am using some extra graphite hexes from the Pro-3, but they are a very sloppy fit on the axles and come off at every wheel change.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

this is what i did
cutting material off the bevel gear makes it weaker. in an event of a crash..your bevel will bend/deform and may cause to rub agains the diff housing...

I highly recommend the PRP diff plate. it solve all problems of any diff problems.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: 6mm clamping Hex Hubs

Originally posted by popsracer

JDM_DOHC_SiR;

I am using some extra graphite hexes from the Pro-3, but they are a very sloppy fit on the axles and come off at every wheel change.
Hey Pops..

I wasn't using the Carbon ones I was using the Alloy ones that came with my Hara Pro3.... I never did use the Carbon ones..
-Dave
Old 05-30-2004, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: 6mm clamping Hex Hubs

rc-zombies;

Glad you mentioned that about the ones from HPI. I kept my backorder with Tower just in case.

JDM_DOHC_SiR;

If HPI doesn't have them...I doubt Tower will ever get them too... Look into the Integy/Altas one...they are identical to HPI's. I just got them for my car...and it's a perfect fit...and it's Purple.

I too have the graphite hex from Pro-4... put a little shoo goo, I mean very little... in the pin slot and it should stay in place...
Old 05-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

why did you try to lighten the diff gear?

Anyways, 3 degree toeblock means 3 degree on either side totalling 6 degree as far as i know...
Old 05-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Super Steve

Anyways, 3 degree toeblock means 3 degree on either side totalling 6 degree as far as i know...
6 degrees Toe on a Touring Car!!??

3 degrees (total) is usually considered the Maximum in On-Road, especially on Electric Cars.

The HPI blocks are labeled for TOTAL degrees, right+left.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

ah...
my bad
Old 05-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

6 degrees Toe on a Touring Car!!??

3 degrees (total) is usually considered the Maximum in On-Road, especially on Electric Cars.

The HPI blocks are labeled for TOTAL degrees, right+left.
There is no TOTAL toe. The toe is per side. 3 degree block is 3 degrees per side AND NOT ADDED. The way you guys are explaining it. You could have 2 degrees on the right and 3 on the left for 5 degrees. That is wrong.

(just an example---->)And 2.5 on the right and 2.5 on the left is not 5 degrees. It's just 2.5 degrees.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

y do u have to get the 6mm hex clamp? whats wrong with the stock ones?
Old 05-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
y do u have to get the 6mm hex clamp? whats wrong with the stock ones?
Nothing is wrong with them. It's just a pain sometimes trying not to lose the spacers.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Downforce
There is no TOTAL toe. The toe is per side. 3 degree block is 3 degrees per side AND NOT ADDED. The way you guys are explaining it. You could have 2 degrees on the right and 3 on the left for 5 degrees. That is wrong.

(just an example---->)And 2.5 on the right and 2.5 on the left is not 5 degrees. It's just 2.5 degrees.
see! i thought i was right!

Anyways,
I already last one of the spacer somehow...
Old 05-30-2004, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

You know I feel sorry for Erik S. from HPI. He designs a awesome car like the pro4. Very well thought out good looking and great handling. But HPI drops the ball on parts support. Its been two months and still no arms available. They have hop ups but no spares for the car. I like the car, i havent had any problems as far as tweak. I have broken 1 gear, and 2 arms. I deserved to break it. They were very hard hits from dumb driving by me. But come on HPI. I would like to start pushing the car harder but too scared to because there is no parts. Maybe Xray has a job opening for Erik S.? Xray is my next car. I think I will just hang this beautiful car on wall.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.