Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: one way gear?

Originally posted by stumper
Im looking to get another car and I love my Evo III but am getting tired of the one way problem. So does the pro 4 strip one way gears or did HPI get it right with the pro4?
Like all cars...the pro4 has some flaws..and it's also the one-way gear..... but if you get the PRP one-way diff plate will will help eliminate any gear strippage...... I put the Tamiya diff plate on mine..and yet to strip a gear after 2 full days of practice and 3 racing days...
waiting for the PRP to arrive any day now...
Old 05-24-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: one way gear?

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Like all cars...the pro4 has some flaws..and it's also the one-way gear..... but if you get the PRP one-way diff plate will will help eliminate any gear strippage...... I put the Tamiya diff plate on mine..and yet to strip a gear after 2 full days of practice and 3 racing days...
waiting for the PRP to arrive any day now...
Well I can live with the gear stripping, but how is getting parts for it? I know the tamiya gear is always out of stock...........

(plus I need a hpi because I think the hpi challenge is coming to austin,tx. so its either the pro4 or 2.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: one way gear?

Originally posted by stumper
Well I can live with the gear stripping, but how is getting parts for it? I know the tamiya gear is always out of stock...........

(plus I need a hpi because I think the hpi challenge is coming to austin,tx. so its either the pro4 or 2.
the cars been out for awhile now...and parts are getting easier to get...Tower has most of the parts in stock... the only parts you'll need to stock up on are diff gears, arms, hubs/knuckles, c-blocks...the usual parts that break.... the cars very durable. I'm no expert driver...and still smack'n the boards...and yet to break anything on the car...
Old 05-24-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If anyone is planning on ordering parts, please let me know before you order. I would like some of the Jet parts, and the carbon main shaft.
I can prepay you with PayPal, or a M.O. We can all save on the shipping costs.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:21 AM

The person who order will save shipping cost, but you still have to pay for the shipping from the person to you. You can just order yourself. Shipping from oversea is not that expensive by standard mail. Around $4~10 bucks.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

as long as you use the hot water method, the gears will hold on pro 4.

I don't drive well and I broke other parts except the one way gear.

You can get a prp backplate for 17 bucks but i don't really think it's nessecairy

Make sure the screws are tightened and threadlock is applied.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

I wonder if there are any delrin gears in the pipelines for the Pro 4, these would be much stronger than the stock ones IMO.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Skill
I wonder if there are any delrin gears in the pipelines for the Pro 4, these would be much stronger than the stock ones IMO.
I hope so...if not the new 39T aluminum gear for the EVO-IV may fit...
Old 05-24-2004, 09:35 AM

I know Product D made alum. diff gear and bevel gear for pro4, but I don't know if they release or not.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:44 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Super Steve
as long as you use the hot water method, the gears will hold on pro 4.

I don't drive well and I broke other parts except the one way gear.

You can get a prp backplate for 17 bucks but i don't really think it's nessecairy

Make sure the screws are tightened and threadlock is applied.
I'm going to have to disagree.

The PRP brace should pay for itself after a short period of time if you've been breaking gears. I haven't broken a single gear while running the brace.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

All orders for our Pro 4 plates are shipping today, thanks again guys!!! The pre orders really helped me out on this part. It the first production aluminum part I've done and It's great to hear how well Troy's gears have been holding up while running it for the past 2 months. Thanks again for the help Troy. I'm sending you my new "TruSpin" spur gear plate as a bonus

Here's a shot of the spur gear plate.

And here's another shot of the one way diff gear brace.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TeamPRP
All orders for our Pro 4 plates are shipping today, thanks again guys!!! The pre orders really helped me out on this part. It the first production aluminum part I've done and It's great to hear how well Troy's gears have been holding up while running it for the past 2 months. Thanks again for the help Troy. I'm sending you my new "TruSpin" spur gear plate as a bonus

Here's a shot of the spur gear plate.

And here's another shot of the one way diff gear brace.
Looking good Ben...
Can't wait to get mine...
How do we get the spur gear plate?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

I haven't had a chance to post it on the site yet since I'm near the end of a HUGE work deadline right now! But I'll try to get it setup on the web site by the weekend. If you would like one to go out with your order today shoot me over an email within an hour!
Old 05-24-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Aku-Man
I know Product D made alum. diff gear and bevel gear for pro4, but I don't know if they release or not.
The only problem with aluminium gears is that they are much heavily and will increase rotating mass, this is something I have become aware of and I want to make my drivetrain as light as possible.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Welcome KO to the Pro4 club,I'm sure you will be happy!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.