Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 04:55 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Steve - Did you ever try dropping a couple teeth? You run 7minutes? Why is this?
Old 05-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Super Steve
look at my location

CORNWALL ONTARIO

I don't even know where speedworld is!

here is a picture i took of some guys practicing...

you can see part of the tight infield

Speedworld is one of my home tracks...probably one of the best in Northern California. take a look of some track pics..see the link on my sig..
Old 05-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Steve,

I think Racenut is refering to RC Zombie not you.

RC Zombie,

Are you sure that you're not burning up those Monsters?
Old 05-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

they are introducing 7 min races for for saturday sedan series

It's more fun actually if your car doesn't fall apart!

I dropped 2 teeth and I thought 2 teeth was too much when I changed!
Old 05-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

anyone have a good pinion gear i can drop in my pro 4? It has an Epic 19t Binary in it, and the Spur is 100t 64 pitch.
Thanks
Jon
Old 05-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDXray
anyone have a good pinion gear i can drop in my pro 4? It has an Epic 19t Binary in it, and the Spur is 100t 64 pitch.
Thanks
Jon
Jon....with foam tires on carpet with a 80ft straight I run a 31 or 32 with 58mm tires....hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Whoa...

Look at these RC model people...

I can not beleive what they just did

He said
"I can't promise you can get the suspension arm 1-2 weeks later. Because your money order takes 1-2 week to HK. We have quite a lot of arms in stock at this moment!"

So I asked
"what would happen if the money order get to you but you guys are sold out of suspension arms?"

And he returns with the message
"Hi,

You better cancel your order because you have too many worries! I'll cancel
your order now!"

WTF?
I mean, that's no way to do bussiness?
What's wrong with him? he doesn't want to do bussiness just because I would like to know their store procedure for backordered items?
Old 05-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Speedworld is one of my home tracks...probably one of the best in Northern California. take a look of some track pics..see the link on my sig..
I realize that.I have seen you at rccar before too.I know you go to Speedworld also.I would never run my Monster lower then 7.0 on that track especially in the hot months.I dont think anyone in the expert amain would dare to either.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Smile monster gearing

I ran expert stock at Speedworld last week. 36/98 with a monster stock. Won by over a lap and the fastest stock lap time. The next week at Ripon, same combination monster @ 36/98. TQ and won there. My TQ was only 2 tenths off the 19t TQ. 2 tenths for the whole run not per lap. I also ran a binary stock @ 33/98 with lap times within a tenth of the monster. You can see these results at rcracing.com

I've only been running this car for a month, but am VERY happy with it. Stiffer springs and 1 degree rear toe in helped a lot.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Super Steve
Whoa...

Look at these RC model people...

I can not beleive what they just did

He said
"I can't promise you can get the suspension arm 1-2 weeks later. Because your money order takes 1-2 week to HK. We have quite a lot of arms in stock at this moment!"

So I asked
"what would happen if the money order get to you but you guys are sold out of suspension arms?"

And he returns with the message
"Hi,

You better cancel your order because you have too many worries! I'll cancel
your order now!"

WTF?
I mean, that's no way to do bussiness?
What's wrong with him? he doesn't want to do bussiness just because I would like to know their store procedure for backordered items?
I ordered stuff from them a few weeks ago

You know when you place things in your basket on that site It has an asterick if there's no stock. Well I placed 4 sets of arms in there without a problem and placed my order. Only to find out over a week later (yes it took them that long to process an order....... can you friggin belive it !! ) That those items were backordered.
(I only placed an order with them for the arms. Got some other stuff to to make the order worth while but really only wanted the arms)
What really bugs me is that they took over a week to put some items in a F'in box.

RCmodel.com can...... S.A.C !!!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by stonedgti
Steve,

I think Racenut is refering to RC Zombie not you.

RC Zombie,

Are you sure that you're not burning up those Monsters?
yes..pretty sure..running 98/36 was no problem...
Have you seen the track lately...set-up like Tamiya..running in reverse and virtually full throttle all around the track.

jrrc is very fast with that combo as well... I just wish I had more track time to be fast and consistant...with my schedule this year...looks like once a month racing...

racenut123
yes..you are right 7.0 is the target gearing I usually run...but with the current SWR layout it's a different story.. when the hot summer months come around it will be back to the 7.0+/- gearing..
Old 05-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default foam/carpet continued.

The next practce day is coming up and I am hopeful of making it. I am still working on my Pro4 set-up on carpet. I have taken the front arm sweep completely out (had 1 degree last week) and put in anti-dive to stop some overotation on corner exit and last-stiffened up the rear spring to hopefully carry more speed in long corners and quicken up transition. I figure with me running the rear arms flat on the chassis-I probably should be running stiffer springs than on a Tc3 which I think has a higher rear roll center stock.

I also found I had a dud motor last two weeks and was undergeared by two teeth as well. So its slowly coming togethor.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SpeedDesignz

You know when you place things in your basket on that site It has an asterick if there's no stock. Well I placed 4 sets of arms in there without a problem and placed my order. Only to find out over a week later (yes it took them that long to process an order....... can you friggin belive it !! ) That those items were backordered.
(I only placed an order with them for the arms. Got some other stuff to to make the order worth while but really only wanted the arms)
What really bugs me is that they took over a week to put some items in a F'in box.

lol...
I am going to see if I can work things out because it does look like he has arms in stock at the moment
Old 05-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SpeedDesignz

I had the same problem....as you....I just told them to nix the whole order and placed an order with RainbowTen. And my order from them will be here sometime this week. This was the only time that I have had any issue with Rc Model. I think from now on when I get stuff from over seas it will be with Rainbow Ten first. RC Model gave me an excuse that they website is only updated every 48 hours....but when I went back 4 days later and tried to order arms again they still showed them as in stock....yeah they can SAC!!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 04:50 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Remember, these are Japanese/overseas companies.

I think someone posted earlier about US vs. Japanese companies.

The 2 have very different custmer relations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.