Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 04-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Tech Initiate

true r/c racing
is ther still room under the tent at the warm up race?
Old 04-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Tech Initiate

For what it's worth, my shop told me that they will have all the parts by the first of May and this is according to their HPI Rep. It takes a while to make all the parts in quanities for all the countries to be able to us consumers. Be patient as it's well worth the wait.

Cheers!
Old 04-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm not quite sure whats up with HPI and this parts thing. I'm a new Pro4 owner. Hell I haven't even gotten to run mine because of weather issues, but I also run the R40. I don't know why it takes them a couple of months to catch up, but if it makes any of you feel any better, HPI did eventually catch up with the R40 parts thing. You can now find parts for it just about anywhere or at your local shop.

Hopefully they will catch up with the Pro4 soon too.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default (No) parts is (no) parts

I fail to see why they can produce the car, but not the parts...which the shops would willingly buy, since they make their real money off the parts, not the kits. I'm pretty sure SoCal has everything on order for them...and they've recieved exactly NOTHING.

I would have already bought 100-150 worth of spares if I could find them. It's no fun sitting at the track with a broken car and no parts to fix it. What kind of BS is it when you can't even buy arms locally? And oh yeah...smack a wall, break an arm and a c-hub...$20 minimum to fix it..again, if you can find the parts.

What did they figure people would be doing with these things...putting them on a shelf to stare at? I mean, really...you break things when you run them...and you must have spares, otherwise, as good as the car is, it's utterly worthless.

Like I said...I don't have a problem with the car (except for the lame one-way gears and the shock cap deal). It handles great, it's really fast and it's pretty easy to work on -- just don't break anything, because you're S.O.L. for parts.

BTW -- I really have a problem with buying parts mail order. I think you ought to support your local businesses when you can...I can see ordering off the 'net for some exotic or one-off deal, or to get stuff we aren't priveledged to have access to here in the states...but short of that, I don't think I should have to look all over the place to find spare parts for an HPI. In this instance, it's HPI's deal not the shops.

Anybody want a parts car? I also have one pair of arms left (front and rear)...I won't be needing them soon, so if anyone needs them, lemme know and I'll mail them out for what I paid for them ($9 + postage). I sold the other two pairs to another Pro 4 "refugee" at the track yesterday.

I just feel kinda hosed. I paid a chunk of money for it and I don't think it's even possible to use it for what I bought it for.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:59 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by noline
Hey Wyd,

I have a question about your Pro 4. Are you running on carpet, if so could you post your setup for me thanx
I have not ran it on carpet yet. I probably won't be running on that til end of the year. I almost always race asphalt only.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Pro4 parts in stock at southeastrc.com

All you guys looking for pro4 parts these guys have them. Everything that I have needed has been in stock including those stupid little rings on the out drives.

www.southeastrc.com
Old 04-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: (No) parts is (no) parts

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
I fail to see why they can produce the car, but not the parts...which the shops would willingly buy, since they make their real money off the parts, not the kits. I'm pretty sure SoCal has everything on order for them...and they've recieved exactly NOTHING.

I would have already bought 100-150 worth of spares if I could find them. It's no fun sitting at the track with a broken car and no parts to fix it. What kind of BS is it when you can't even buy arms locally? And oh yeah...smack a wall, break an arm and a c-hub...$20 minimum to fix it..again, if you can find the parts.

What did they figure people would be doing with these things...putting them on a shelf to stare at? I mean, really...you break things when you run them...and you must have spares, otherwise, as good as the car is, it's utterly worthless.

Like I said...I don't have a problem with the car (except for the lame one-way gears and the shock cap deal). It handles great, it's really fast and it's pretty easy to work on -- just don't break anything, because you're S.O.L. for parts.

BTW -- I really have a problem with buying parts mail order. I think you ought to support your local businesses when you can...I can see ordering off the 'net for some exotic or one-off deal, or to get stuff we aren't priveledged to have access to here in the states...but short of that, I don't think I should have to look all over the place to find spare parts for an HPI. In this instance, it's HPI's deal not the shops.

Anybody want a parts car? I also have one pair of arms left (front and rear)...I won't be needing them soon, so if anyone needs them, lemme know and I'll mail them out for what I paid for them ($9 + postage). I sold the other two pairs to another Pro 4 "refugee" at the track yesterday.

I just feel kinda hosed. I paid a chunk of money for it and I don't think it's even possible to use it for what I bought it for.
In all fairness the "lack of parts issue" is to be expected when purchasing a new product (just on the market) weather it be a RC car, Snowmobile, car, whatever. One has to take this into consideration when making such a purchase. Company's have to get there new products out to the consumer ASAP for sales and marketing as well as to be competative in the marketplace. The world isn't created in a day unfortunatly. I am in the same situation but I knew this going into it so I am patient. Perhaps you should purchase a TC3 to run for now.

Just my $0.02
Old 04-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Sorry to hear everyone having such harsh feelings for the car.

My car has been awesome and parts have not been an issue "yet". Would like to see the toe blocks available soon. It is a new car and with that comes a learning curve and parts availibility. I think their prices are fair............

Erik S. (HPI),

Any idea when parts will be a little better in supply? Arms in particular and the toe blocks.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: (No) parts is (no) parts

Originally posted by RaveOn!
In all fairness the "lack of parts issue" is to be expected when purchasing a new product (just on the market) weather it be a RC car, Snowmobile, car, whatever. One has to take this into consideration when making such a purchase. Company's have to get there new products out to the consumer ASAP for sales and marketing as well as to be competative in the marketplace. The world isn't created in a day unfortunatly. I am in the same situation but I knew this going into it so I am patient. Perhaps you should purchase a TC3 to run for now.

Just my $0.02
I did take parts availability into consideration...like I said...that one of the big reasons I have always liked HPI. I can see being short on some things here and there -- but there is no excuse for not having anything available at all. One place gets this, one place gets that, nobody gets what they need.

Come on...LOL...how many people on here are looking for arms? I think more than a few. They don't seem like dummies to me...arms aren't going to get broken by the dozens in the first few times you take a car out? Who is going to buy one of these things without buying at least a few spares?

If they produced the car, then they produced the spare parts. If they made 10 cars, they should have produced 20-30 sets of spare arms to go with it. They'd already be on the shelves by now...and I'd be able to race my car.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by willdp
true r/c racing
is ther still room under the tent at the warm up race?
Yes still some Space left!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Default HPI Pro-4 spare parts

Turbo Joe;

I've got quite a few of extra Bevel Gear sets, shoot me a PM if you need one.
Otherwise I've been buying up the spares at the store as fast as we get them.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:55 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Default Re: HPI Pro-4 spare parts

Originally posted by popsracer
Turbo Joe;

I've got quite a few of extra Bevel Gear sets, shoot me a PM if you need one.
Otherwise I've been buying up the spares at the store as fast as we get them.
My shop just got a few sets of gears but I'm getting them all. I think I have 3 sets
Old 04-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

knock on wood-even though i was a crash monster this weekend-and since I installed a custom RPM bumper on my car-not one broken part!!!

Its been tough as can be.

Ray
Old 04-26-2004, 07:54 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by rayhuang
knock on wood-even though i was a crash monster this weekend-and since I installed a custom RPM bumper on my car-not one broken part!!!

Its been tough as can be.

Ray
Ray you just need to race at the track I broke mine at. If you hit that pvc coupler that sticks out no bumper could save you. Not even Superman could help you out.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm building the car right now...

so far VERY impressed....

US companies should take notice to the manual.
This is how they should do it...

Rob, hook a brutha up your set-up...
Put that CCNP to work!(for once)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.