Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 04-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Rookie

The BRP TC3 bumper works fine. You have to drill new holes to fit the Pr0 4 though.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

do we gotta sand the chassis first b4 we seal it?
Old 04-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Sand the edges using a fine grit sandpaper only to remove any rough spots or flashings. There really should be no flashings since the machining is very good.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just cut & mounted the
Trinity black TC3 bumper.

It is soft, and
sweet, kind of like a babies
Old 04-25-2004, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by black-knight
1 > 4 = slow > fast
thanks BK. trust an ozzy RC'er to know everything! these OS racers don't know jack!

...seriously you don't. ok the story goes like this; jack is this really quick driver at our local track that........

BK and that extra servo saver horn thing?
Old 04-25-2004, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

the tc3 has had it problems first couple of batches the regular composit chasis were tweaked and the arm mounts for the rear one side was 2 degree on the other you were lucky to to 1 if any so after 4 plus years they finaly got it right.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking Pro4 wINS AGAIN

I've been running the Pro4 for about 3 weeks trying to get it set up just right and learn all of the adjustments that can be made on this car. The list seems to be endless. When this car is set up correctly for your track it cannot be beat. I won 2 qualifiers and the A-main today taking the race by over 9 seconds.

I love this car. Great job HPI.
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-drakes-view-027.jpg  
Old 04-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sandman: YGM
Old 04-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Put the chassis in a vice and round the edges with an emery cloth.....then clean and put on the first coat of CA.....then wetsand in soapy water.....dry and apply a second coat. I do this 3 times and my edges usually are as smooth as glass!

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
do we gotta sand the chassis first b4 we seal it?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Sandman, I had similar results this past weekend. I fully agree, this is an awesome car! Great job HPI!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 08:29 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Its one thing to make a great car, but to follow it up with great service is even better.

Just got off the line with HPI and my new shock caps are on the way. No hassle, no fuss, just "name, addrees, phone number....and we'll get those out to you ASAP!"

Gotta love great customer service!
Old 04-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Default Parma Alfa on the Pro4

I know bodies can are mostly personal preference but if you get a chance, try one of the new PARMA ALFA bodies! I have had a Protoform Mazda6 body and the Parma Alfa body on the car now and I would have to say the Parma Alfa is a superb body. It has great front to rear balance but yet very low drag on the straights. Our track is new and the grip is boarderline loose in spots and super high bite in others (enough that cars were traction rolling) but through all that the Parma Alfa retained a balanced feel whereas the Mazda6 exibited some oversteer in the higher bite areas which made the car very hard to drive at times. I was lucky enough to get a TQ,fastest lap time and A-main win with the combination of Pro4-Parma Alfa. What a combo!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Struggled

Great to hear you guys did so well. I struggled a lot oon sunday and didnt really get the car rolling all day. It seems my hometrack poses uniqie handling to other tracks around as my car and a couple of other peoples Pro4's have been fast eveywhere but at the Gate.

Should have the tuning blaock in this week and next time I run should be running 2º rear toe. Also-need to free up the car more. Its stuck to carpet like glue and just not getting off the corners fast enough. Lots more things to try.

Ray
Old 04-26-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Struggled

Originally posted by rayhuang
Also-need to free up the car more. Its stuck to carpet like glue and just not getting off the corners fast enough.
Soak your bearings in Fastrax RPM boost, it increases efficiency loads. At first I didn't think it had done anything but after 2 meetings the car was free-er than anything else I have ever seen!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Ray, I mainly race on concrete/asphalt. I dont know anything about carpet! I am sure you will get it worked out though.

One thing I forgot to mention on the Parma Alfa was I like to have my bodies sitting as close to the track as possible so try to leave about 4-5mm below the molded in cut line till you get it mounted totally then trim as needed as it does have a more sloped nose and will sit on the shock tower and if you cut it on the cut line it might be a little higher than you planned. I know you can trim the shock tower as well but I like the lower front body cut option better. I am sure that on all other makes of cars the body will fit perfectly with the molded cut line but I think the Pro4 has a taller shock tower than any of the others so you might test fit the body first.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.