Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 04-22-2004, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Erik Shauver
xxxkat: The 75141 comes with 2x B020 Bearings (5x8x2.5mm). If they are missing, something is wrong.
Nothing to do, but are you the person who gave me Hara's setup at the LRP ? If so thanks once again, was a pleasure to meet you.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Doug- Good to hear you are going to the HOA race! I always pull for those shaft drive cars to do well. I am going as well. Going to try and run my CGM and NTC3 that weekend.

Darkseid- Doug will be a good person to compare notes with his Pro4 is fast.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jeff: isn't everything Doug runs fast!

Wow, so much to cover. First off thanks for the responses from everyone. Now...

-RCBudda and Doug: thanks for the suggestion with the lower shock mount. I thought about moving it, but didn't want to screw up anything handling wise. Good to know the change can be made without any ill effects

-black-knight and Turbo Joe: I guess I was fortunate then that I only had one bad cap. But I still plan on getting a replacement from HPI. If their customer service is up to par, it should be no problem

-Pinion: I thought about flipping it backwards, but the set screw hardlly made it to the shaft, so I was a little nervous about doing this. I'm not too concerned about it, I just thought it was odd to only be able to get 50% contact. Definitely not a big problem though

-VenomWorldOrder: I wish I had known ahead of time that the suspension and some other components were carbon graphite. I would have found me a tap or something! After screwing all those screws in, I woke up this morning with my shoulders killing me! The grease really helped though, or I still might be cranking on some of those screws! Your dead on correct with that "use quality tools" thing. I switched from my MIP Thorp 2mm driver to the "bargin" tip that came with my ratcheting screwdriver, and nearly destroyed a screw head while threading it into the gearbox cover. Needless to say, I switched back to the MIP Thorp driver quick, fast, and in a hurry!

Its nice to see that everything that could be on this car is already on there. No 'factory team' or 'Driver X Edition' cars needed here. Sweet.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default couple other questions...

I did have something else I was wondering about...

What are all the extra holes for? I know one is for the middle post if you choose to run it,, but what about the others?

I know the ones on the battery side are for the stick pack holders so I wont list those 4, but...

2 holes in the upper deck(besides the one for the middle post)

4 down the middle of the lower chassis(besides the one for the middle post)

and finally...

2 holes in the lower chassis outside the motor location???

anyway...I'll have pics of my car up soon.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

i use my pinion that way round.

if you dont want to just get hold of a short bose pinion and it should fit either way with no problems.....altho i am using 48dp dont know if this makes a difference
Old 04-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I mounted my pinion on backwards and my car went in reverse when I hit the gas.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Jeff and Darkseid. I try. We will have a good time at the HOA race!!! I bet with the freer drivetrain I have now compared to the car I ran last year a 10t will be in order and still make run time instead of having to drop to an 11t.

Acutts, we run on a outdoor concrete track and it does not have the bite that an asphalt track has but the instruction manual setup worked flawlessly with these changes. Moved the rear shocks in one hole, went to 40wt oil and changed ride height to 5mm front and 5.5mm rear. Same droop,etc as the manual. Oneway and all.

Darkseid. I believe those extra holes on the main chassis are for weights like what the X-Rays use. I have yet to find any of those cool weight so I just used the Assoc double stick weights.

Guess I was one of the lucky ones, my car went together with no hitches!!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Old 04-22-2004, 08:12 AM
X2
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rayhuang
LMAO, WTF!!??!
Sure ur diffs wernt in the wrong way or sumthin silly like that??
Old 04-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Erik Shauver; 09-11-2006 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Or your motor was hooked up backwards.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Erik Shauver; 09-11-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default TWEAK cont...

RC Buddha started it with "Set ride height first, then camber, then tweak"

that has been the approach i have been using for the past few years, with good results...

just to add $0.02 more..... though most of the car kits come with droop guages, i don't use them to set up my car... I still rely on the ol' 'X-Acto_centered_and_lift' approach...

imo,... droop adjustments are made to control/balance weight distribution.. those droop guages are commonly used to set all four corners (or the 2 front equal and the 2 rear equal) at a distance determined from the flattness of the bottom of the chassis..... i think that this would be valid only if you knew that the chassis (with electronics intalled) were absolutely balanced left-to-right..

$0.02..
Old 04-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Initiate

One of my shock caps doesn't screw down completely, so I'm going to have to contact HPI customer service for a replacement. Cause the way it is allows the oil to bleed through the hole. I made a temperary fix, but a new cap is the only real solution.
DARKSEID:the same thing happened on one of my shocks and i had to buy new shock caps to sort it out
Old 04-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Erik Shauver
rayhuang: Ray, you may want to set the motor timing around 10~20 degrees instead of 190~200 degrees (if you're not pulling our leg )
Erik-

Did you read my post a few pages back about the carpet foam test day?

I'd like your input on the pro-squat. Also-on roll centers, whats the "feel" of lowering and raising the inner ballstuds as compared to lowering and raising the bottom hingepins. Is it opposite effect?

Thanks,
Ray

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.