R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2004, 11:21 PM   #3301
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Steve
Pro 4 is expensive relative to?

Pro 4 is cheap compared to surikarn and 415...

It all depends which way you look at it.

I don't think you'd like it if we start bashing the R2 for something silly...

This problem can happen to anyone... it's known as manfacture defect... no one is perfect but HPI is trying hard with it's new line of kits so we shouldn't put them down...

Sounds like he's having a major issue and i'm sure HPI will take care of him... they've always been good to me when i had problems with my pro 3.

You can bash the R2, i had issues with the plastic shaft holders where the top deck would bow when they were tightened down. They're crap but the aluminum ones fixed it right up and no more problems.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:23 PM   #3302
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Beeb
First off, I'm not a kid.

I'm also not saying he should "lighten up".. I'm saying he sees a problem where there probably isn't.

He's heard about the "tweak problem" on this forum, then he builds his kit and there's a rock in the chasis that you couldn't fit a mouse fart through and he's wanting HPI to "fix" his kit.

All I'm getting at is that he should run his car... if he's having problems... then contact HPI to say his car is bad.

I can hear it already.. "I keep hitting the boards... my car is tweaked!.. send me a replacement part.. so I can contact you next week and let you know that it didn't fix the problem."
You're calling him a liar and then rant about how he'll fabricate issues to scam HPI. Who let the fanboys out?
Old 04-09-2004, 11:34 PM   #3303
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Beeb

Quote:
Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
You're calling him a liar and then rant about how he'll fabricate issues to scam HPI. Who let the fanboys out?
I just think he's blowing something out of proportion. (sp?)

I'm sure there's a rock in his chasis (he's not lying), but the fact that he's going to have HPI fix his kit before he does more tests to see if there really is a problem?.. I guess you can call that a scam if you like that term.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:36 PM   #3304
Tech Fanatic

Finally I have satifsfaction running my Pro 4....couldn't get it to go straight all this while till today..had lots of fun. But 1 thing i noticed is that the rear looks like it 'wobbles' a bit at low speed. Checked my body mountings and they dun touch the tires. So what can be the problem? Anyone got this problem before?
Ares17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:39 PM   #3305
Tech Elite

Quote:
I just think he's blowing something out of proportion. (sp?)

I'm sure there's a rock in his chasis (he's not lying), but the fact that he's going to have HPI fix his kit before he does more tests to see if there really is a problem?.. I guess you can call that a scam if you like that term.
If when I built a brand new kit and it was bad enough to describe the problem he's having, i'd send it back too. Better when it's new than to run it and possibly invalidate his claim. There are warranties for a reason.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:49 PM   #3306
Tech Adept

Quote:
Better when it's new than to run it and possibly invalidate his claim.
"Invalidate his claim".. kinda my point but...

Anyway.. maybe I'm wrong here.. it's better that he has a good working kit with no problems.

After a dozen beers my intention is clouded..
Old 04-09-2004, 11:53 PM   #3307
Tech Elite

Quote:
"Invalidate his claim".. kinda my point but...

Anyway.. maybe I'm wrong here.. it's better that he has a good working kit with no problems.

After a dozen beers my intention is clouded..
How about we just see what happens before calling the guy a liar. (well, you called him one anyway). I only suggested that he have them look at it before he runs it because after you run the car, they can suppose that damage was done to it. That's what would invalidate the claim.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:03 AM   #3308
Tech Adept

Quote:
How about we just see what happens before calling the guy a liar. (well, you called him one anyway). I only suggested that he have them look at it before he runs it because after you run the car, they can suppose that damage was done to it. That's what would invalidate the claim.
Oh, okay.. I see what you mean.

I'm still suspicious that his top deck is faulty. I'm not saying he's a liar, it's just I don't think he's tried everyting to make his car flat.

I don't see how a computer would cut a hole wrong in the middle of a production. There would be a lot of bad kits out there.

I apologize if it sounded like I said he was lying, I only implied that he didn't try to fix the problem completely before going back to HPI.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:37 AM   #3309
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I have read a ton of threads in this website. It seems like the number one problem is tweak. Everyone is so worried about being off by a such a tad bit that they automatically already have it in their head that the car will not work. Most of the time you will never even notice it being off. I have had cars off by up to 3/16 of an inch and the car was still working perfect. I would fix it and it wouldn't work any better.

Best thing is the run the cars and see how it is first and then go from their. I know some kits do have problems but it seems like the "Tweak Issue" is the biggest thing guys complain about/or use an excuse. I don't think being off a 1/16th or 1/8th of an inch makes any differance. Once you have the tweak thing in your head I think it is all over. No matter what you do it is in the back of your mind that it is a problem and then you will never drive well.

Just my 2 cents. Not pointing any fingers here. I just viewing my findings from these threads and around all the tracks that I race at.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 07:02 AM   #3310
Tech Regular

From the racing i've done with the pro4, the chassis seems to tweak just through normal racing. This happens with most of the current cars that use a twin deck chassis. If it were such a big problem all the manufacturers would have all gone to 3.5mm chassis by now.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:06 AM   #3311
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys I just received my pro 4 and was wondering if the spur gear that comes with it "98 tooth 64 pitch is "metric". I believe I read in one of the rc mags that it had a Metric module gear and that it was not compatible with SAE 64 pitch gear. Do I have to buy special hpi pinions? Also, does anyone have any good gearing for 19t chameleon1 based motor , running foams , running on a slightly large asphalt track?
dannybcaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:08 AM   #3312
Tech Regular

i run robinson racing 64dp pinions with mine, it's smooth as silk.
Sorry got no idea on gearing 19t motors.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:42 AM   #3313
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Super Steve

the spur gear included is 64pitch
Super Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:11 AM   #3314
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by dannybcaitlyn
Also, does anyone have any good gearing for 19t chameleon1 based motor , running foams , running on a slightly large asphalt track?
The instuction manual recomends 6.2-6.3 for 19t.
skiptomylou6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 01:45 PM   #3315
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to hpi3270

order a ball diff today for the hpi pro4 i think the one way wont work at the track i race at its to tight of a track.if anyway needs a ball diff they have them in stock at www.stormerhobbies.com
hpi3270 is offline   Reply With Quote