Old 04-06-2004, 11:36 PM   #3181
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6
Default Re: oneway brace plate update

Quote:
Originally posted by TeamPRP
I had Troy (tsr6) testing the brace plate and he reported back with some very promising news.

Paraphrasing Troy's report . . ."I didn't blow any gears today with the plate installed. I took some pretty hard hits too - got hacked - shot into the wall - even put a slight wobble into one of my CVD's, but the gears made it. I took them out afterwards for an inspection, and not even a chip. . . I even went up on two wheels during practice, landed on power, and
they held. . . So far, this is looking really good. . ."

We'll get more testing done and if the gears continue to hold, the part will be made.

Also, I'm still waiting for Shane's reply about getting the Team PRP thread started
Ben, I was happy to send you the e-mail. I'm also glad you cleaned it up, I'm tired, I was/ still am having issues typing - the two pepsi's have me going strong now though...sorta..

Tonight's race was pretty rough, and there were several shots that made me cringe. I also caught a wall on my own behalf on power, right off the straight which did put a slight wobble in my CVD, but the gears were fine. So far, this looks very good, even more so since I am on my last spare gear set.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:53 PM   #3182
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

Does anybody have any ideas where to order any gear sets? Have several sets on BO. Good thing I have a ball diff coming in this week.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:57 PM   #3183
RCTech Member #2

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Gaut
Does anybody have any ideas where to order any gear sets? Have several sets on BO. Good thing I have a ball diff coming in this week.
Doug - Million dollar question.. I've been hoping to find a satchel of them and sell them on e-bay for mad amounts of money.

But all kidding aside, Trackside has had them on backorder for about 3-4 weeks now, and one came in this week. I snatched it up fast... I also read on here that Tower had them, but were snatched up...
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:13 AM   #3184
Tech Master

Yea, I have a few sets on BO from local shops as well. Just as a precaution. I did not have any problems this past weekend even though the car took a few hits along with a turn marshal that did not look behind him as he slowly walked back across the sweeper and made the car come to a complete stop. Gears still look fine for now but I dont like playing with fire.

If Ben's (PRP) plate is anything like the shock towers I had for my old Losi car then the quality will be A+ and will do the job intended perfectly!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:24 AM   #3185
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Beeb

Ok, so I ran my car for the first time today and the car was GREAT! I have nothing to compare it to, but I was able to run some clean laps around the track and this was my first time running a car on a track.

I had a problem of the battery tape ripping when I'd hit a corner "dot" head on so I only ran through 2 batteries. Besides hitting the corners every so often the car was extremely smooth!

I called it a day so I could put my battery brace back on and wait for my next session. My battery tape ripped 5-6 times and I was getting frustrated so I packed it up.

I hit some corners and walls fairly hard and nothing broke (except the tape) so I'm very satisfied with the cars durability.

Nothing broke or bent so it was a good outing.

Hopefully next time I'll run 6-7+ packs through it and see what happens. I'm very happy with this car!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 12:29 AM   #3186
Tech Master

Beeb, one of the best tapes on the market would be the Scotch Brand #898 filiment tape. We use it on the wings on open class slotcars. The tape takes a beating but does not rip. This stuff is TOUGH!! I used it this past weekend and never lost a battery one.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:32 AM   #3187
RCTech Member #2

beeb - if you can get a small fine file ( ~ 1/4" wide ), sand the edges of the slots, then take a piece of fine sand paper the same width as the tape slot, and work it back and forth to round off that edge. I broke my tape once, and after doing that, never again.
RCTech Member #2

Old 04-07-2004, 12:45 AM   #3188
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Beeb

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
beeb - if you can get a small fine file ( ~ 1/4" wide ), sand the edges of the slots, then take a piece of fine sand paper the same width as the tape slot, and work it back and forth to round off that edge. I broke my tape once, and after doing that, never again.
I'm going to do that. I'm getting a dremel for my B-day so I'll try and use that for the battery tape slot and round it off. I plan on using tape again sometime since I've paid for a whole roll and only used 3 feet of it.

BTW, my batteries got strip burned from falling out so what should I do to cover them back up??

Basically the plastic coating and the color (green/orange) sticker burned through to the metal on 2 batts and I'm wondering what I should cover them with? If at all?

It was from them falling out and not from too shallow slots.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 12:47 AM   #3189
RCTech Member #2

Quote:
Originally posted by Beeb
I'm going to do that. I'm getting a dremel for my B-day so I'll try and use that for the battery tape slot and round it off. I plan on using tape again sometime since I've paid for a whole roll and only used 3 feet of it.

BTW, my batteries got strip burned from falling out so what should I do to cover them back up??

Basically the plastic coating and the color (green/orange) sticker burned through to the metal on 2 batts and I'm wondering what I should cover them with? If at all?

It was from them falling out and not from too shallow slots.
Buy some single cell shrink wrap, and shrink that over GP's shrink. Lots of people do this to protect the matcher's labels.
RCTech Member #2

Old 04-07-2004, 01:07 AM   #3190
Tech Regular

Default Worlds warmup race?

I'm interested in finding out who will be running the Pro 4 at the worlds warmup race in Florida on Arpil 28th to May 2nd. If you will be racing at this event, please contact me.

Thanks!
Ben
TeamPRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:01 AM   #3191
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
Doug - Million dollar question.. I've been hoping to find a satchel of them and sell them on e-bay for mad amounts of money.

But all kidding aside, Trackside has had them on backorder for about 3-4 weeks now, and one came in this week. I snatched it up fast... I also read on here that Tower had them, but were snatched up...
who needs gears sets.... $100.00 each... j/k

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:30 AM   #3192
RCTech Member #2

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
who needs gears sets.... $100.00 each... j/k
haha! I take two!!

Hell, if prices ever went that high, I'd probably sell the two out of my spare car, the two out of my main car, and the one out of my diff!

I still have enough gears to to keep running for a while, but I just hate not using my second car. I've been setting it up slowly for foam, but I hate to have it all ready to go, and then have to tear it apart again for gears for my rubber tire car.
RCTech Member #2

Old 04-07-2004, 10:55 AM   #3193
Tech Master

Does the ball diff come with gears? I figured it would have the ring gear but not the pinion.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:23 PM   #3194
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Doug....yes my diff only had the diff gear no pinion gear.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:43 PM   #3195
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

My diff came with the ring gear and pinion gear.

Doug glad to see somone else with a PRO4 here in the Kansas Missouri area. There are 5 of them that I know of here in KC.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote