Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 04-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I dunno, you think a TC3 would have a closer setup then the Evo 3? I have Rod's setup from last year, along with TTLocal setup from some of the guys there too.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:39 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
I dunno, you think a TC3 would have a closer setup then the Evo 3? I have Rod's setup from last year, along with TTLocal setup from some of the guys there too.
Gary, I have a diff I can tighten & lockl, and go to this parking lot you speaketh of, and we can both try different adjustments, then you'd haev some notes whjen you go to the Reedy. You'd probably have to give me a ride though, I saw the place last time i drove back up here

lemme know
Old 04-03-2004, 03:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default steves vid

gr8 idea videoin your driving and car, makes it easier to see whats going on and what to change, rear end a bit loose there...
Old 04-03-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by TSR6
Well, I just got back from Trackside. I had the points lead wrapped up last week, but ended up extending it this week.

Just an idea until Team PRP finishes the gear brace: I put washers between the screw and the one way gear two races ago. I noticed that the screws were ended up leaving indents on the one-way gears, and the washers should help to spread the load from the screw to a wider area. I haven't roasted the one-way gear since then, so it may be to early to tell if it works, so far so good though.

TC3 - Please tell me you are using a quality tool set, and not the L-wrenches?!

Steve - on my first chassis, I used Losi thin tire glue. I ran a bead across the chassis, and smoothed it out with my finger. I don't really suggest this, but it works. After doing the whole chassis, I had a layer of glue thick enough on my finger that a few seconds under hot water, I was able to peal it off.

I used a thing called the "Microbrush" on the second chassis. Although I went through about 3-4 of the brushes, it was a little less messy on the fingers.

AJ's Raceway rocks as far as the surface and the barrier goes. I don't think it's possible to break ANYTHING on that track. It really is glass smooth, but I would suggest at least talking to the race director before you run. I don't know how they run the electric races, but when I went down there for nitro, I was told conflicting stories from the owner/race director on how qualifying is run. ( I asked if it was IFMAR, he said yes. Later, he told me it was a qualifying race, but your on your own clock. I asked if it was alright to start a little behind the guys to have a clean track with all the banging that was going on. He told me I better not, because it's a qualifying race. I asked again if it was IFMAR, and we were on our own clock, and he said yes. )
yes im using quality tools i hve good tools thxs for info
Old 04-03-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default Dog Tracking

Can anybody give me any tips on how to eliminate the dog track effect my Pro 4 has. The front end points to the left and the rear points to the right when standing behind it while running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It didn't seem to do this the first time out, why would it develop over time?
Old 04-03-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is the damage...

I am gonna take the broken stud out and CA the knuckle... hopfully it will hold together!

Thanks for the comments on the video guys...
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-121_2164.jpg  
Old 04-03-2004, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

o ya, YEsterday's testing i had the bat strap and used the foam bumper space under the strap. I made sure the battery was in there tight but it can sliding out a little so i went to tape...

You sure that fukuyama battery strap will hold the batt in there tight?

my p2k2 got SUPER hot during those movies...
Old 04-03-2004, 09:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by Super Steve
You sure that fukuyama battery strap will hold the batt in there tight?
Yup...tested it last week, and will test some more today....off to the track i go
Old 04-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Allways test with a body on the car(unless your setting the trims )that little bit of lexan helps..
Old 04-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

found out thgat my cvd bone on that side is fudgered up...
Old 04-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Everything is cool. My Jr Crewchief (7 year old son that was trying to help) got his grubby little hands on the correct piece and had taken it to his room when it was bedtime.

Car is built and ready to rock. I have to say this is the best sedan I have ever built!!!!!! The quality is spot on as is the design. I cannot wait to hit the track tomorrow. Thanks HPI for giving racers a reason to come back!!!! The original RS4 with gearbox and all is where I got my sedan start, up through all the evolutions till the Pro2. Its nice to be back to smooooooth shocks again!!

Good luck to all on their racing ventures this weekend!
Old 04-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Dog Tracking

Can anybody give me any tips on how to eliminate the dog track effect my Pro 4 has. The front end points to the left and the rear points to the right when standing behind it while running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anybody have any comments and help on this?
Old 04-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Dog Tracking

Originally posted by Superfly1967
Anybody have any comments and help on this?
make sure all the Toe-in and Camber is equal. hope this helps.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Go over, Suspension, Droop, Any Binding in drivetrain too.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi,

What pivot blocks and size sway bars come with the Pro 4 kit?

Thanks, Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.