R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2004, 01:32 PM   #2401
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cartmen34
I'm still considering getting this car, and the only thing that has stopped me is this gear breakage and lack of parts. Since the car is new, I'm sure the parts will be out eventually, that is not a problem. But I have a question about this method of boiling the gear....

Why a pyrex bowl? Why can you not let the gear sit in any bowl you have just laying around the house?

And also, and this is directly to rc-zombies, what is this ultralon you are using on the gear? Is it an Rc product (something I could get at the hobby shop)? What purpose does it serve? Iim guessing it's just some kind of lube right?

Thanks ahead of time for the answers guys!


hahaha!! Silly boy-thats so you dont sue me when the bowl you use explodes and glass shards blind you!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:36 PM   #2402
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigH
Erik did awesome job on the car. But I am surprised to see the gear problem because they have really out done themselves with this car.They have thought this one out very well. I can't stop looking at it. People that think Xray makes awesome stuff needs to look at the PRO4. I am not looking for them to fix it overnight. I understand manufacturing as good as anyone,but I just want a diff or some diff gear sets to replace what I break. Its hard to get something this good and NOT want to race it. Sorry for the lak of patience.
RC-zombie-Are you serious?

I'll say!! I was so close to getting an XRay, and within the last second I decided on the Pro 4. I have no race experience yet, but it looks so good and clean right now, I almost don't want to race it This may sound a little crazy, but since I purchased it a couple weeks ago, I always take it into work just to look at it
dreambrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:37 PM   #2403
Tech Fanatic
 
cartmen34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
hahaha!! Silly boy-thats so you dont sue me when the bowl you use explodes and glass shards blind you!!

Ray
Oh seriously? I thought it might have something to do with some cool physical properties of the pyrex that allowed the gear to properly soak up the water better...or something like that... ummm... yeah.

As you can probably tell, I have a good imagination...and I'm no chemist major.
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:39 PM   #2404
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
hahaha!! Silly boy-thats so you dont sue me when the bowl you use explodes and glass shards blind you!!

Ray
Makes me glad that I work in a lab. Free digital calipers, temp guns, scales, and pyrex glassware
dreambrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:45 PM   #2405
Tech Master
 
RandyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus OH.
Posts: 1,158
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ray you crack me up!
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:56 PM   #2406
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cartmen34
I'm still considering getting this car, and the only thing that has stopped me is this gear breakage and lack of parts. Since the car is new, I'm sure the parts will be out eventually, that is not a problem. But I have a question about this method of boiling the gear....

Why a pyrex bowl? Why can you not let the gear sit in any bowl you have just laying around the house?

And also, and this is directly to rc-zombies, what is this ultralon you are using on the gear? Is it an Rc product (something I could get at the hobby shop)? What purpose does it serve? I'm guessing it's just some kind of lube right?

Thanks ahead of time for the answers guys!
Parts are entering the US now...just a matter of the distributors getting it out to the shops as quickly as they can.

Any bowl will work...

yea..it's a lube made by paragon...the stock lube that comes with the kit will do just fine... with the ultralon it dries on the part itself.. very thin lube...and may get obsorbed by the gear. I use it other parts of the car... it doesn't attract dirt... got mine from Tower...but your LHS should be able to get it....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDT02&P=7
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 02:13 PM   #2407
Tech Fanatic
 
cartmen34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
Parts are entering the US now...just a matter of the distributors getting it out to the shops as quickly as they can.

Any bowl will work...

yea..it's a lube made by paragon...the stock lube that comes with the kit will do just fine... with the ultralon it dries on the part itself.. very thin lube...and may get obsorbed by the gear. I use it other parts of the car... it doesn't attract dirt... got mine from Tower...but your LHS should be able to get it....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDT02&P=7
Excellent. Thanks zombies!
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:08 PM   #2408
Tech Adept
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 136
Send a message via AIM to Beeb
Default

Any tips on filing down the battery slots?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:10 PM   #2409
Tech Elite
 
J.Gonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: connecticut
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default how this ray

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Okay guys-lets see some laptimes and some comparison data between your old ride and the Pro4's!!! LIke I did 12.4 w/ my TC3-put the motor in the Pro4 and went yada, yada, yada!!!

YOu all have had them long enough!!!
I was working on the setup this week on my pro4 I am still running it in stock as parts are still scarce.

Some of the local guys and two hot shoes (mark smyka and mike haynes) were running 19t at rcmadness I was able to get within .2 running a stock motor!

check out this link and look at race #5 heat 4 and race #7 heat #1...the numbers do not lie and this is no b.s.

This car rips on a club race on thur I went .2 faster with a stock motor in my pro4 than I did with 19t in my losi.

I had a bad run at cleveland with my losi so I bailed on the nationals and now I am kicking myself for not signing up and getting the time off from work.

Now if I could get some tuning parts for front and rear toe and carbon driveshaft and lightweight input shafts this car would be deadly!!!

Jamie
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:10 PM   #2410
Tech Elite
 
J.Gonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: connecticut
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default oops link:

http://www.rcmadness.com/350_JLap.asp
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:25 PM   #2411
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Beeb
Any tips on filing down the battery slots?
Not sure if this is the best way, but I just used a small fine tooth file at a 45 degree angle. I tried to make all of the edges look the same. It doesn'ttake much to file it down. I just tried to maek it look like the manual. Make sure to seal it with CA.
dreambrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:29 PM   #2412
Super Moderator
 
Tony Rivas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kissimmee, Fl
Posts: 2,269
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default pro 4

ok thats it i am getting my on friday!!!!! cant wait anymore!!
__________________
The "Dominican Assassin"
Sorry for the Spelling but you know what I mean.
Tony Rivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:29 PM   #2413
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,218
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dreambrother
I'll say!! I was so close to getting an XRay, and within the last second I decided on the Pro 4. I have no race experience yet, but it looks so good and clean right now, I almost don't want to race it This may sound a little crazy, but since I purchased it a couple weeks ago, I always take it into work just to look at it
even though you have no race experience...come watch the race on sunday and see how things are run. There is a beginner/rookie class...most of the racers are friendly and don't be afraid to go up to them and ask questions...we're all there to help each other out. Before you know it...you'll get addicted to racing and can't get enough of it....
and btw..you're not the only one that take their car to work... I tinker with mine before, during, my lunch break... just don't tell my boss....
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:31 PM   #2414
Tech Fanatic
 
pucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central, FL
Posts: 804
Send a message via AIM to pucho
Default

Toni, I just has 4 more come in and parts will be here on thursday.

Luis
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:40 PM   #2415
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,828
Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default Re: pro 4

Quote:
Originally posted by trcmaddness
ok thats it i am getting my on friday!!!!! cant wait anymore!!
Finally some competition
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0