Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 03-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

dreambrother

Will you be racing RcCar this Sunday? Maybe I'll see you there...
Old 03-15-2004, 10:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

No, the riser blocks are not a way to check for chassis tweak.
If you've been tightening down the chassis on the riser blocks, STOP. Lay the chassis on a perfectly smooth and flat setup board, flat table etc. Have most of the screws for the upperdeck screwed in, and then start slowly turning each screw in order, but don't screw one down completely, then the next. Turn each one a little at a time in order, till they are all tightened down.

Buddha
Old 03-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Initiate

I wasn't using the blocks when I was tightening the screws (upper deck). When I tightened the upper deck, i put it on the board itself. I noticed on Erik's method that he tightened the screws first in the front, then in the rear. Would this be a good method to use for the chassis screws?

Last edited by dreambrother; 03-15-2004 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

How much of a problem does minor chasis tweak make? does it make the car turn one way better than the other? or?
Old 03-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Beeb
How much of a problem does minor chasis tweak make? does it make the car turn one way better than the other? or?
Yes..the car will turn better than the other when the chassis is tweaked...
Old 03-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Initiate

How do you guys like your pro 4? The thread is so long i couldn't read through all of it Any aluminum upgrades do you think it could use? or carbon upgrades?
Old 03-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by revRCshop
How do you guys like your pro 4? The thread is so long i couldn't read through all of it Any aluminum upgrades do you think it could use? or carbon upgrades?
The car is great!!! One of the best Shaft cars available.
the car is pretty fast right out of the box...not in need of any aluminum parts... the kit already comes with all the carbon you'll ever need... carpet racers may want to get the 3mm chassis when it gets released.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Initiate

any idea when that's coming out? my friend and i can get a carbon 3 mm carbon chassis released in like a day...
Old 03-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I cant really think of any hop ups that would make the car any better..well I have not seen any that screams buy me NOW!.. I think in a short while we will start seeing a few parts that will address a few of the problems that the Pro 4 has,The front one way gears(in defense of the Pro4 I hit something really hard,I think it would have broken any car)and from what I have read the chassis gets tweaked easy(I have not had this problem)So I would look for a 3mm chassis to be out in no time.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by revRCshop
any idea when that's coming out? my friend and i can get a carbon 3 mm carbon chassis released in like a day...
don't know when HPI is releasing there chassis...
but team PRP is releasing one as well:
www.teamprpracing.com

few pages back Kinkcrab had a 3mm chassis posted with 3D cutouts...
Old 03-15-2004, 11:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by dreambrother
I wasn't using the blocks when I was tightening the screws (upper deck). When I tightened the upper deck, i put it on the board itself. I noticed on Erik's method that he tightened the screws first in the front, then in the rear. Would this be a good method to use for the chassis screws?
Actually, if you look at his suggested method, he starts in the back, moves to the front, to the rear again, and then back to the front.
As for the lower chassis, just follow the 1,2,3,4 pattern i've previously posted, ensuring that you turn them in order, till they tighten completely.
Too bad your in Northern Cali, I'd be happy to help ya in person. i think zombies offered his help, you should take him up on it.....

revrcshop,

I'm blown away on the performance of the chassis, the fit/finish and the growing support for the car. I've driven virtually all the current shaft cars available, and the Pro 4 seems to take less effort to setup, and is very light and quick.
No upgrades really needed, the car really doesn't need them. I plan to add titanium screws and some tobee aluminum input shafts, to lighten the car even more....since I have no weight limits at my club track..... Also a nice set of ceramics should make my car smooth, fast and super light....

Buddha

Last edited by RCBuddha; 03-15-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default oneway backing plate.

Has anyone heard of someone who makes one for this car?Just wondering as I think HPI should have designed it opposite of the evo3.I think this maybe a culprit when it comes to the stripping issue.Cars with oneways that are mounted the opposite way with the mounting on the back of the gear fair much better then the way they have it.I hope I am wrong but I have been there before with both of my evo3's.But after driving one last saturday,I got sucked in and had to get one.

Drives like butter.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: oneway backing plate.

Originally posted by racenut123
Has anyone heard of someone who makes one for this car?Just wondering as I think HPI should have designed it opposite of the evo3.I think this maybe a culprit when it comes to the stripping issue.Cars with oneways that are mounted the opposite way with the mounting on the back of the gear fair much better then the way they have it.I hope I am wrong but I have been there before with both of my evo3's.But after driving one last saturday,I got sucked in and had to get one.

Drives like butter.
I've got the EVO3 diff plate arriving any day now...let you know how it fits or what has to be done to make it work...
I know it's drilled for 4 holes..and the HPI is drilled for 3... some drilling/tapping or counter sinking will be required....
Old 03-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Is anyone using 48dp spurs/pinions?

What size spur fits in the chassis? The smallest i have is 82teeth and it's way too big.

This is the only thing stopping me from completing the car It's gone together really easily - it helped reading some of the previous posts

Old 03-15-2004, 12:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Random Spike
Is anyone using 48dp spurs/pinions?

What size spur fits in the chassis? The smallest i have is 82teeth and it's way too big.

This is the only thing stopping me from completing the car
I think your probably going to have to buy spurs in the 70 tooth range. something like a 75 or a 72.

It's gone together really easily - it helped reading some of the previous posts

Buddha

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.