Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-11-2004, 09:43 AM   #2206
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
Is it that the thinner hex has 2 holes...and a hex shaped spacer with pins would give more support?.... that's what I would design....
I had been thinking the same thing, I just didnt know if it would be easy, or possible to machine.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:50 AM   #2207
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
I had been thinking the same thing, I just didnt know if it would be easy, or possible to machine.
I think it would be easy enough to machine out...finding short pins may be the hard parts.... for faster prototype...I'm thinking of getting some aluminum washers and just filing it down to same size as the hex... countersinking a couple of 2mm screw holes and screw them in...definately not going anywhere...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:50 AM   #2208
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone have spare titanium input shafts to sell?
coastaltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:54 AM   #2209
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by coastaltony
Anyone have spare titanium input shafts to sell?

I had some but sold it... sorry...
the aluminum versions will work just as good... and cheaper...I've got the Ti installed in mine....I car seem to accelerat faster...

Old 03-11-2004, 10:08 AM   #2210
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone stateside have them?
coastaltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 10:10 AM   #2211
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by coastaltony
Anyone stateside have them?
Speedtech will probably get the Tobee Craft aluminum input shafts soon... they have a couple of Tobee stuff for the car now..

Old 03-11-2004, 12:08 PM   #2212
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to galway
Default Wheel size

The Pro4 manual specifies a 24mm wheel width. I am trying to find some foam tires, but it looks like nobody makes them that size only 26mm. Will those work okay, and does anyone make 24mm?
galway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:11 PM   #2213
Tech Regular

Default input shafts / thicker chassis set

Hey guys, I think it's ok if I post this. I can't say much at this time but Team PRP has a few options in development for the Pro 4. This includes a thicker chassis set with some new features and hard coat anodized 7075 input shafts. They will not be purple, but since they are hard anodized they will hold up longer than the color anodized parts. I won't really be able to post any more information about this until I have signed up with Shane/RC Tech. Just wanted to give some of you guys a heads up in case you are interested!

btw- Troy, as I was taking apart the diff cases I noticed that I actually did break one of the teeth on the input gear!?! good thing parts are available now

Thanks!
Ben
TeamPRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:13 PM   #2214
Tech Regular

Default Re: Wheel size

Quote:
Originally posted by galway
The Pro4 manual specifies a 24mm wheel width. I am trying to find some foam tires, but it looks like nobody makes them that size only 26mm. Will those work okay, and does anyone make 24mm?
The 24mm tires are rubber.24-26mm for rubber and 26-30mm for foams. The 26mm foams will fit. That's what I run right now.
Downforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:13 PM   #2215
Tech Initiate

Default Ride Height

I hope this is somewhat on topic with the Pro 4. I was trying to setup a good ride height for the car. I drive it in front of my house on apshalt that has some loose rock. I set the height to 6mm in the back, and 5.5mm in the front. From what I've been reading, 5-6 is the norm for asphalt. I checked my Pro 3 height, and it was around 8mm front to back. I set it this high because it was scraping a lot. If 5-6mm is the norm, and I'm using around 8mm, am I measuring wrong? I'm using the Hudy board and ride height tool. Also, is it common when setting the height for one spring collar to be significantly different in height than the other? For instance in the front, the left collar is threaded a lot lower than my right (on my Pro 3), but the height in the front (left and right side) is the same. Can't remember how the Pro 4 collars looked like...don't rememeber . Thanks!
dreambrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:18 PM   #2216
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Ride Height

Quote:
Originally posted by dreambrother
I hope this is somewhat on topic with the Pro 4. I was trying to setup a good ride height for the car. I drive it in front of my house on apshalt that has some loose rock. I set the height to 6mm in the back, and 5.5mm in the front. From what I've been reading, 5-6 is the norm for asphalt. I checked my Pro 3 height, and it was around 8mm front to back. I set it this high because it was scraping a lot. If 5-6mm is the norm, and I'm using around 8mm, am I measuring wrong? I'm using the Hudy board and ride height tool. Also, is it common when setting the height for one spring collar to be significantly different in height than the other? For instance in the front, the left collar is threaded a lot lower than my right (on my Pro 3), but the height in the front (left and right side) is the same. Can't remember how the Pro 4 collars looked like...don't rememeber . Thanks!
ride height cant say cuz i dont drive a pro-4 in front on rocks.. but the diffrent collar settings can be due to a tweak chassis , shock shafts not being the same length and even low oil in the shocks ... id chk that out and maybe run your ride height at 7 front and 7 rear ... wow!! your street must be pretty bumpy and full of rocks..
Old 03-11-2004, 01:50 PM   #2217
X2
Tech Regular

Hey y'all.
If I can scrape the money together, i will be getting a pro 4 soon.
I was just wondering if anyone has tried fitting TC3 shock springs? If they fit it would be great as I could temperarly use them untill I find sumwhere selling the HPI ones.
Cheers.
X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:57 PM   #2218
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
Speedtech will probably get the Tobee Craft aluminum input shafts soon... they have a couple of Tobee stuff for the car now..
Speedtech does have them, i just got a set....

Buddha
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:10 PM   #2219
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by X2
Hey y'all.
If I can scrape the money together, i will be getting a pro 4 soon.
I was just wondering if anyone has tried fitting TC3 shock springs? If they fit it would be great as I could temperarly use them untill I find sumwhere selling the HPI ones.
Cheers.
They work fine. That's what I'm using right now.
Downforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:10 PM   #2220
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6
Default Re: input shafts / thicker chassis set

Quote:
Originally posted by TeamPRP
Hey guys, I think it's ok if I post this. I can't say much at this time but Team PRP has a few options in development for the Pro 4. This includes a thicker chassis set with some new features and hard coat anodized 7075 input shafts. They will not be purple, but since they are hard anodized they will hold up longer than the color anodized parts. I won't really be able to post any more information about this until I have signed up with Shane/RC Tech. Just wanted to give some of you guys a heads up in case you are interested!

btw- Troy, as I was taking apart the diff cases I noticed that I actually did break one of the teeth on the input gear!?! good thing parts are available now

Thanks!
Ben
Ben, I wanted to say something, but I didn't know if you were ready to make anything public yet.

Sucks about your gears. At least they held up during the main.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote