Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 07:27 PM
The Evicerator

good answer, good answer...do you think that you pass my question along to Thad and see what he has to say?
Old 03-10-2004, 07:35 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Erik Shauver
TSR6: If you look at the front of the car at say, the front shock tower, there is a slight gap between the bottom edge of the shock tower and the gearbox. It shouldn't be there for my taste, but since time is finite , you can add enough CA to the edge so that shock tower doesn't move (rotate in an axis parallel to the 4 screw axes). With 4 screws locating it, it is unlikely that it will move, but there's always room for improvement.
Erik - Yeah, I saw the gap, I just wasn't sure what you meant by twist, and where they were going to twist to. Thanks for clearing that up.

'Tator Tots rule.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

speedworldraceway has parts in ALOT of parts and getting more in tomorrow. Give Billy Bowerman a call
Old 03-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Also for the team guys what is the purpose of running more droop on one side than the other in the rear of the car. I have noticed that on the setup in the manuel for Hara's rubber tire setup.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Erik Shauver; 09-11-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Erik Shauver; 09-11-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

David Joor: Thanks for the reply. I guess I was asking more about the rear end mount height being higher than the front end(drawing a line from rear to front (roll axis) would point downward). The rear was like 3mm and the front like 1mm. How does that effect the car?
Old 03-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Eric - I will tell him tommorow or so, just thought of it today. Must be cool to be everywhere, lucky you. I am sure you hate it though as would I, lol.

RobK - Raising the pivot blocks on carpet will free that end up a bit. I was looking for more steering so I raised the rear to allow the front to be more dominate. Oddly enough, it is usually the other way around, the front being higher than the rear. I still have more testing to do, I only got in about 6 packs or so, but it was on par already.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by Proteus
Hmmm...another A Main showing for the Pro4 in stock class. The past 2 wks that I've raced this car has been quite interesting. I've stripped a diff bevel gear....and punting quite a few cars that happened to fall in front of me out of nowhere. I've also cracked two rims; wow! Other than that, the car is holding up.

I do have a bit of a problem though. When running the stock setup with a slight variation it runs well in mod and in 19T with rubber tires, but in stock where every little thing counts I seem to be fighting the car. First I had a car that just didn't transition fast enough..it seemed lazy or planted. Also, I was pushing alot going into turns (probably due to the shaft drive system....little drag as opposed to belt). So I had to dial in more steering but it got harder to drive. I'm sure my problem lies in the 3 deg of rear toe. In mod I'm sure that is not much of a problem but in stock the slightest drag can hurt. The car is definitely working as my lap times are definitely on pace with the fast guys....now I just need more track time with the car..and more practice! In the mains tonight I drove a few fast laps...but now I'm thinking it might have been just the motor and batteries. One of the TC3 drivers suggested I drop my shock oil weight to 30w from 40w (LOSI OIL). That helped make the car react quicker and helped slightly in the traction dept. It seems like I'm over compensating on the other end of the car when I really should be chaning the rear end of the car by decreasing toe.

This weekend I will mount some new tires. I've been running the same set for practice and races for the last 2 months. My tires are starting to feather....NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!!! FYI: I've been running the Sorex 32s.

Proteus,

I'll be @ Socal this saturday, if you wanna work on some setups, just ask Bubbles to point me out. I think i have some (gasp) TC3-esuqe setups that may be some good starting points.

Buddha
Old 03-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Evicerator,

Aye, shiver me timbers! Me likes me taters fried matey!

-t
Old 03-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Erik-thanks the car did tend to oversteer to the left when going through the s section on the track that I run at will have to give that a try
Old 03-10-2004, 09:48 PM
The Evicerator

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarr! I acutally was talking about PO TA TOES ...but read into it what you will you land lubber!
Old 03-11-2004, 01:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

In real racing (1:1), some of my favorite things to watch were the old BTCC touring cars boucning off of curbs...
That's kerbs in the BTCC mate!
Old 03-11-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by David Joor
Hmm, I just got a killer idea for adjustable trackwidth that you can use on narrow wheels. I was going to spill it but I think I may design it instead because it is a good idea. Just let me know if it is a common problem everyone and I will send the idea to Racer's Edge or HPI.
Is it that the thinner hex has 2 holes...and a hex shaped spacer with pins would give more support?.... that's what I would design....
Old 03-11-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If I missed any Q's, post up again... this thread is getting busy . Good thing most of you guys are so active (zombies, TSR6, pucho, ... man you guys must be on here all day )

-E
Thread notification is great especially with MSN Instant messaging.... and I got nothing better to do while at work....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.