R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-04-2004, 08:40 AM   #2026
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by Downforce
Ray- I take it your talking about Warpspeed stuff? Some rear toe blocks would be nice. We may have to talk. See ya at the Nats.

Derek Manchester
Warpspeed yes for the Graphite-though it would be a Diamond Northern product. Talk? Sure-call me anytime!! 1-888-551-1044
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:03 AM   #2027
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by bigdog
toe in blocks and inboard blocks,the roll center plates, and the silver, and copper sway-bars, then just parts in general, arms spare bevel gears and front oneway gears just in case.I am going to call rcmadness tomorrow to see what they have.
I wish I knew sooner.... just sold my last spare bevel gears, silver/copper sway bars, arm set....
If Rcmadness is out... you may want to try ordering from Rainbowten.... they have most of everything you're looking for.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:05 AM   #2028
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: CAMBER LINK

Quote:
Originally posted by racer
is there no end to this madness! so many parts.

does anyone know if rc square provide a release date for their items?

Thanks in advance
no end in site...this is just the beginning...wait til you see the stuff from Jet Racing, Tobee Craft to name a few. release date for some of the new Square parts are 3/12 or soon after....

Old 03-04-2004, 09:11 AM   #2029
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Hey all,

Sort of a poll for you guys.

Would you rather buy hop-up parts for the Pro4 designed and manufactured in the US-or do you all have brand loyalties to Square, HPI, etc., etc.

Also-if you were looking for a custom chassis and topdeck for the pro4-what would you want? Whats your wish list of changes or improvements?

Ray
Ray..

if the parts are of good or better quality than HPI or Square..I'd condsider getting some... Price will be a important factor as well. So for aluminum option parts... Square is one of the Best.

Chassis...hmmm that's tough... the stock chassis is plenty stiff and light. I don't see any changes that could be made... maybe for the Carpet guys....3mm chassis with 3D cut-outs.

Graphite spacer blocks?
Wide front lower bumper plate?

Old 03-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #2030
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Hey all,
Sort of a poll for you guys.
Would you rather buy hop-up parts for the Pro4 designed and manufactured in the US-or do you all have brand loyalties to Square, HPI, etc., etc.
Also-if you were looking for a custom chassis and topdeck for the pro4-what would you want? Whats your wish list of changes or improvements?
Ray
I don't really care where its made, as long as the machining is of top quality.

As far as a chassis and top deck, I would like something milled out a little (in front and back of the battery, and a "X" on the electronics side). I KNOW the stock chassis is already underweight, but since my track has no weight rules, I would love to have an even lighter car. And as long as it still retained its rigidity, I'd probably buy it.

Buddha
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:10 AM   #2031
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies

Graphite spacer blocks?
Wide front lower bumper plate?
I'd say make the graphite spacer blocks and a wide fiberglass lower bumper.

Oh, and I'd like to see more spacer sizes for the camber links, like .25, .75, 1.0, 1.5. etc....
Old 03-04-2004, 10:14 AM   #2032
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by RCBuddha
I'd say make the graphite spacer blocks and a wide fiberglass lower bumper.

Oh, and I'd like to see more spacer sizes for the camber links, like .25, .75, 1.0, 1.5. etc....
A hard front lower bumper will result in something breaking. Impact is harder... I'm looking for what RPM has done similar to the TC3... wide impact absorbing front bumber....

HPI has those spacers available already...unfortunately not in the US.... .5 mm and up...

Old 03-04-2004, 10:14 AM   #2033
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you guys are talking about graphite spacers for the blocks that wouldn't be cost effect, you would basically be buying a piece of resin and it would be so messy for the developer. Aluminum would be a far better use in my opinion, cheaper, not so messy, and easier to work with. But HPI already makes those. I am talking about the right piece right, or are you guys talking about something else?

I really like the idea of camber link spacers, offer a kit with so many options it is crazy and it will cost pennies to make, probably spend more on packaging them up and sell for about $10.

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:18 AM   #2034
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by David Joor
If you guys are talking about graphite spacers for the blocks that wouldn't be cost effect, you would basically be buying a piece of resin and it would be so messy for the developer. Aluminum would be a far better use in my opinion, cheaper, not so messy, and easier to work with. But HPI already makes those. I am talking about the right piece right, or are you guys talking about something else?

I really like the idea of camber link spacers, offer a kit with so many options it is crazy and it will cost pennies to make, probably spend more on packaging them up and sell for about $10.
yea...HPI already has the spacer/roll center blocks available... the purple looks better...

Old 03-04-2004, 10:23 AM   #2035
Tech Master

Quote:
A hard front lower bumper will result in something breaking. Impact is harder... I'm looking for what RPM has done similar to the TC3... wide impact absorbing front bumber....

HPI has those spacers available already...unfortunately not in the US.... .5 mm and up...
I was thinking of something like Bud's bumper for the TC3, which I had thought was fiberglass when I posted, but maybe its hard plastic? I wish they'd make their spacers (for the camber links) availble to the US!!!
Old 03-04-2004, 10:28 AM   #2036
Tech Regular

Quote:
I was thinking of something like Bud's bumper for the TC3, which I had thought was fiberglass when I posted, but maybe its hard plastic? I wish they'd make their spacers (for the camber links) availble to the US!!!
I have a friend of mine working on a Bud style bumper for me this week. I pealed a front arm already. I'll post pics as soon as I get it.
Downforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:28 AM   #2037
Tech Champion

Quote:
I was thinking of something like Bud's bumper for the TC3, which I had thought was fiberglass when I posted, but maybe its hard plastic? I wish they'd make their spacers availble to the US!!!
yea...I've seen the buds....cheaper to go to TAP plastics and cut your own... that's what I did when I had the TC3. in the scrap bin...you can find a fair size ABS for real cheap..under $1.00 enough for a half dozen or more bumpers....

Old 03-04-2004, 10:31 AM   #2038
Tech Adept

Post Re: Gluing rear diff ring

Quote:
Originally posted by Superfly1967
Do we really glue that inner ring to the rear diff gear like manual says, if so, what is the purpose of this?
I recommed to do it. I clued that inner ring today after first time visit on track, because i drove last night and after 5 batts my rear diff sounds crunchy!!

I`m not sure was it that reason (i did not clue that inner ring when i assembly diff) why it become that way? It does`t slip, but that sound when i try it on the pit make me suspicious.

Car perfomer awsome with mod, i used Peak Vantage V2 and Peak Powerflo GP3300 batts those make your car fly

I turn diff ring d plates another side, because there was a little groove. I grease balls again and hope that help next time.

Anyone have same kind of experience?
Trinity2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:35 AM   #2039
Tech Master

Quote:
yea...I've seen the buds....cheaper to go to TAP plastics and cut your own... that's what I did when I had the TC3. in the scrap bin...you can find a fair size ABS for real cheap..under $1.00 enough for a half dozen or more bumpers....
Now that you mention it, I do remember being able to get small sheets of ABS from Hobby People ( think Parma put it out).....I wonder if they still carry the stuff....
Old 03-04-2004, 10:45 AM   #2040
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Bumper material

ABS plastic is no where near as tough as kydex. They look exactly the same-but they bend very differently. ABS bends easily-turns white and cracks. kydex will bend-but can be bent back many, many times before cracking. Get kydex!!

Thanks for the input. SOunds lke the pro4 chassis maybe fine as is.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote