Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 03-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"quote:
Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
I haven't tried them yet, but Tamiya Evo 3 pivot blocks are supposed to be a direct fit. I will try them tomorrow or Thursday

I was looking at an EVO III this past weekend and the mounting holes to the chassis are not the same as as the HPI blocks. The width looked similar though"

The EVO blocks are a direct fit for the HPI F/R block. They can reduce toe, but may widen the car. Also, minimun roll center/mount height is like 2mm.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Extra Inventory

I hope that I am not stepping on anyone's toes, most of all Steve's, as I am not a regular advertiser on this forum. I have a large shipment of Pro4s coming in, that was meant to fill back orders, but most have cancelled and purchased elsewhere. I will be reducing my order size unless there is anyone on this board that is having problems securing a kit. The price is $284.97 plus shipping and any applicable tax. Here is the url:

http://www.ballistichobbies.com/detail.aspx?ID=7965

Again, if I am stepping on toes, then I will be happy to remove this post.

Thank You,
Louis
Old 03-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

rc-zombie I will post a setup as soon as I get more run time. For right now running mod the stock setup worked very well. As soon as I can get my hands on some optional parts I will start to mess around alitlle more.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by bigdog
rc-zombie I will post a setup as soon as I get more run time. For right now running mod the stock setup worked very well. As soon as I can get my hands on some optional parts I will start to mess around alitlle more.
Are you racing this weekend? E.J. Mo, Kevin J. Matt H, Alex (maybe) and myself are heading out for some mod action. I'll call you after I post this.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by bigdog
what option parts are you looking for?
Old 03-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default CAMBER LINK

Mentioned awhile ago...some racers were breaking the camber link mounts.... glad to here that Square RC is coming out with an aluminum version...and with additional tuning locations...check out the other option parts they're coming out with on the Square website: spring cups, 0.50deg. rear hubs, drive cups, ti axles & bones etc.etc.
http://www.rc-square.com/

Last edited by rc-zombies; 03-03-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default camber link

the design is same as the evoIII se camber link
Old 03-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

toe in blocks and inboard blocks,the roll center plates, and the silver, and copper sway-bars, then just parts in general, arms spare bevel gears and front oneway gears just in case.I am going to call rcmadness tomorrow to see what they have.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Woohoo! Post up another win for the Pro 4!

Second night driving the car, using the venerable HPI SX-1 steering servo and awesome TX-1 radio (I'm waiting on my stuff to be shipped to the UK from CA) and still working out the teething problems. Trying to tweak the local boy's setup to my own style but it's a problem when your servo is .22 sec. speed and about 40 oz.

Ran mod...used the wrong tires, wrong shock setup, didn't set droop (no tools)...finished horribly in the first qualifier. Second qualifier, set droop (left rear a little more droop), spun out all over the place. In the main (the "D" for...make up your own word starting with 'd') I switched to better tires with softer inserts, didn't have time to change the shocks so I used the kit spring in the front, changed the droop setting to equal in the rear, found the damn dual rate knob on the radio, started late, drove through the competition and I won baby.

woohoo... yeah...

But it's still nice to go home a winner, no matter what. As Thad and I used to say - if you're gonna be in the C or D (or even B), you gotta win it baby! Heck I even got the shakes a bit after I passed the guys (kids) for the lead, then I tried to settle into Hara mode (if you've seen him or Masami drive you know what I mean)...I can't do Hara mode as well as he can but still tried to concentrate a bit more than usual. Being my first two full nights of actual TC racing in many moons (other than the past 2 Reedy races, this was the first time I've raced TC in about 30 months I think?)

The sweetest thing about this car is that it reacts to the setup changes, and you know it will make a difference when you make a change. So good job Erik, your baby's done you proud I'll leave off some of the obvious questions I have about the car haha
Old 03-04-2004, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

LOL!!!! Great stuff to read!
Old 03-04-2004, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: CAMBER LINK

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Mentioned awhile ago...some racers were breaking the camber link mounts.... glad to here that Square RC is coming out with an aluminum version...and with additional tuning locations...check out the other option parts they're coming out with on the Square website: spring cups, 0.50deg. rear hubs, drive cups, ti axles & bones etc.etc.
is there no end to this madness! so many parts.

does anyone know if rc square provide a release date for their items?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-04-2004, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default Gluing rear diff ring

Do we really glue that inner ring to the rear diff gear like manual says, if so, what is the purpose of this?
Old 03-04-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Gluing rear diff ring

Originally posted by Superfly1967
Do we really glue that inner ring to the rear diff gear like manual says, if so, what is the purpose of this?
Instead of making 2 different diff gears for the oneway and ball diff. They make 1 and offer a spacer to fit both.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all,

Sort of a poll for you guys.

Would you rather buy hop-up parts for the Pro4 designed and manufactured in the US-or do you all have brand loyalties to Square, HPI, etc., etc.

Also-if you were looking for a custom chassis and topdeck for the pro4-what would you want? Whats your wish list of changes or improvements?

Ray
Old 03-04-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Ray- I take it your talking about Warpspeed stuff? Some rear toe blocks would be nice. We may have to talk. See ya at the Nats.

Derek Manchester

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.