R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-25-2004, 05:18 PM   #1831
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Perhaps you used the wrong bottom shock eyelet?
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:19 PM   #1832
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by sturla
I figured out my problem. Have anyone moved the servo further to the front to get more room for esc and reciver? I think I`m going to do this. Any comments?
I`m using a novak gt7 and it is quit big
just get yourself the Futaba S9550 lowprofile digital servo. you'll have lots of space for large electronics...

I too fitted the GT7..did not have any problems fitting it in..even with std.height servo in place.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:19 PM   #1833
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Hi

I`m almost done buliding my pro4. My arms hurt after all the screwing But one big problem came up. It seems to me that I can`t use pinion gears lower than 32 or something. Anyone else with that problem. If that is so, I don`t think you can use it on smalltrack with a mod engine. With final drive ratio with 8 and higher....

please help
I made my debut run with a 29 tooth 64pitch pinion in the car. I still had room for a smaller pinion.

jleibund - Do you have another set of wheels that you can try on it? I wouldnt think X-Patterns would increase your ride height by 5mm, but it might be worth trying a second set of tires. I know that the X-pattern set I had for my RS4 Racer2 for the '02 HPI Challenge was slightly taller than the Sorex / proline tires and wheels I normally ran.

Quote:
I figured out my problem. Have anyone moved the servo further to the front to get more room for esc and reciver? I think I`m going to do this. Any comments?
Sturla - This might change the steering geometry, but you could get some longer screws and put a couple washers between the servo and the servo mounts. Heck, You might be able to shim the ball stuck back with washers to correct the geometry, just as long as it doesnt hit on the servo.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:20 PM   #1834
Tech Master

Quote:
what servo are you running? you shouldn't need to space the servo forward....not unless your running a larger servo like a hitec 615...Got a pic of your chassis?
Old 02-25-2004, 05:20 PM   #1835
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by jleibund
OK, here is the car from the front - compare it to the picture of zombie's - there is definitely a difference!
what's the diameter of those tires/wheels you have installed...

Old 02-25-2004, 05:21 PM   #1836
Tech Regular

Default shock eyelets

Budda may be right.
Downforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:22 PM   #1837
Tech Initiate

Are the 65mm tires OK with this or have I been buying nitro tires all along?!?! If they are OK, can I adjust the droop to match them or will it seriously effect performance?
jleibund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:23 PM   #1838
RCTech Member #2

Quote:
Are the 65mm tires OK with this or have I been buying nitro tires all along?!?! If they are OK, can I adjust the droop to match them or will it seriously effect performance?
You don't use droop to adjust ride height!

It would affect performance.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:23 PM   #1839
Tech Apprentice

I`m using a ko pro po 2143. It is space, but it isn`much left when i install the reciver and the esc. I think I will try to move it a bit forward. Shouldn`t be a problem. I use double sided "tape(not sure the english word)" So When you use tape you also lower the cg a bit

Don`t have a camera
sturla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:25 PM   #1840
Tech Master

Quote:
Its not the tires....Droop only affects the downtravel of the arms. Ride height is adjusted on the shock collars. Unless Zombie or TSR6 has any other ideas, i'm fresh out....

Buddha
Old 02-25-2004, 05:26 PM   #1841
Tech Initiate

zombie - they are 65mm, 26mm wide. If I bought all wrong tires I'm just going to kick myself! I think I used the correct eyelet, I just checked it against the chassis.
jleibund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:26 PM   #1842
RCTech Member #2

Quote:
I`m using a ko pro po 2143. It is space, but it isn`much left when i install the reciver and the esc. I think I will try to move it a bit forward. Shouldn`t be a problem. I use double sided "tape(not sure the english word)" So When you use tape you also lower the cg a bit

Don`t have a camera
Double sided tape, servo tape, its all the same.

Actually, I put servo tape on the bottom of my servo before mounting, and when I used the servo mounts, it totally flattened the servo tape, so I'm guessing it really won't matter if you use the tape, or the mounts.
RCTech Member #2

Old 02-25-2004, 05:26 PM   #1843
Tech Regular

Quote:

Don`t have a camera
If you mount the servo right. It sits right on the chassis. No tape needed.
Downforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:26 PM   #1844
Tech Champion

Quote:
Like everyone here as said... and me for the 100th time...do not use the droop screws to adjust ride height. 65mm seem tall... 60mm is the norm.

Old 02-25-2004, 05:28 PM   #1845
RCTech Member #2

Quote:
Originally posted by RCBuddha
Its not the tires....Droop only affects the downtravel of the arms. Ride height is adjusted on the shock collars. Unless Zombie or TSR6 has any other ideas, i'm fresh out....

Buddha
'

If the ride height is the same 11+mm front and rear, I would have to say it's just the tires.

Although I find it surprising that the X-patterns are that much taller ( if that is truly the problem? ), like I said, I do remember them being taller than the tires I normally ran last time I bought a set.
RCTech Member #2