R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-10-2007, 02:35 AM   #15271
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wouldnt that make them brittle. im not sure and will try this method
pti goliath crawler... (always being modified)
hpi baja 5b ss 29.5 cc setting up 4 1/4 scale speedway
acko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:13 AM   #15272
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Why would it make it brittle?
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:32 AM   #15273
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One word (discontinued)
Acko it's a povity pack racer get with the times and get a new car, your mud.
There's a reason the car came with so many spares,,,,,,Hows that for a signal.
ROV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:06 AM   #15274
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
None of them were PRO4's....... Not to mention, the Pro4 doesnt have metal outdrives like the TC3 or Pro3...sooooooooo unless you get custom made metal outdrives, the heat build up will lock em up and make them into spools or even worse, slip. So, to avoid that, run spools.
Again you are wrong, gearing is everything. Gear the car correctly and you can run open diffs all day long as for the pro4 running plastic outdrives you can do it but if you do go to spools good luck steering that bad boy on the top end the word is broken cvd's and most likely a bad wreck. Remember spools are not forgiving for steering open diffs are, open diffs will maximize your rpm and mph. But like everything I've told you before Bx you always doubted me and then when you experience it you always come back and say, (Yea,Yea,Yea you rican bastard you was right) I'm not talking out my ass about spools and open diffs I talk from only experience and money wasted to get to where I'm at and know what I'm talking about Bro you should know this. I am not trying to shoot you down on your opinion I just don't want anyone to go try out spools for a speed run and then try to correct steer on the top end and all hell breaks loose and wreck there car I don't want anybody looking at you as you don't know what you are talking about. Yes you can run spools do I recommend it hell no. I only talk from experience and I wouldn't want to set anyone up for a bad wreck. Spools are great for drag racing and I swear on that one. Even 2wd solid axles for speed runs work great too look at chris collins with his electric rail 17 cells at 112.7mph that steve saik built for him, yes it was a drag car but you have a better chance running solid axles or spools on a 2wd on 4wd it's not recommended and for me it's a big NO,NO... Been there done that I wouldn't set anyone up like that. Bx I'm not here to attack Bro and you have known me for years and you know I only speak from knowledge and experience and I would never give false info to anyone, and this is one topic that I've tried and experienced it and are friend jetlee tired and experienced it and done all my research in doing speed runs and dragracing I would never give false info to anyone that's just not right. You also know that I worked in a hobby shop for years as an R/C tech and sales. I would never give false info in what I do know. But I respect your judgement and I will leave this topic be anyone could take this info for what it's worth at the end of the day it's a hobby and it's all about fun and Bx I will see you for fight nite UFC payperview at my house and have that brushless cyclone ready because I'm coming for you... Yea I said it!!! Take Care...

Last edited by trjracing; 05-10-2007 at 07:34 AM.
trjracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #15275
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diozxlive
thanks BXpitbull...

thanks TJRacing appreciate all the tips and suggestions on your pm... i'll keep them on my list on my next purchase.
No problem I left you a good gear ratio to try out it's in one of the pm's I sent you. Good Luck and take Care...
Old 05-10-2007, 08:18 AM   #15276
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Seems like I'm asking the question to my self.......anyone ????
I told you, adjust your droop on the right hand side of the car and increase the spring tension slightly. Torque steer problem will be eliminated if not reduced to where it isnt a problem.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:21 AM   #15277
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I told you, adjust your droop on the right hand side of the car and increase the spring tension slightly. Torque steer problem will be eliminated if not reduced to where it isnt a problem.

Well, u are wrong this timw around..... Its definitely the one-way bearing......fixed it up pretty good anyway....thnx guys......
Tpg racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #15278
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjracing
Again you are wrong, gearing is everything. Gear the car correctly and you can run open diffs all day long as for the pro4 running plastic outdrives you can do it but if you do go to spools good luck steering that bad boy on the top end the word is broken cvd's and most likely a bad wreck. Remember spools are not forgiving for steering open diffs are, open diffs will maximize your rpm and mph. But like everything I've told you before Bx you always doubted me and then when you experience it you always come back and say, (Yea,Yea,Yea you rican bastard you was right) I'm not talking out my ass about spools and open diffs I talk from only experience and money wasted to get to where I'm at and know what I'm talking about Bro you should know this. I am not trying to shoot you down on your opinion I just don't want anyone to go try out spools for a speed run and then try to correct steer on the top end and all hell breaks loose and wreck there car I don't want anybody looking at you as you don't know what you are talking about. Yes you can run spools do I recommend it hell no. I only talk from experience and I wouldn't want to set anyone up for a bad wreck. Spools are great for drag racing and I swear on that one. Even 2wd solid axles for speed runs work great too look at chris collins with his electric rail 17 cells at 112.7mph that steve saik built for him, yes it was a drag car but you have a better chance running solid axles or spools on a 2wd on 4wd it's not recommended and for me it's a big NO,NO... Been there done that I wouldn't set anyone up like that. Bx I'm not here to attack Bro and you have known me for years and you know I only speak from knowledge and experience and I would never give false info to anyone, and this is one topic that I've tried and experienced it and are friend jetlee tired and experienced it and done all my research in doing speed runs and dragracing I would never give false info to anyone that's just not right. You also know that I worked in a hobby shop for years as an R/C tech and sales. I would never give false info in what I do know. But I respect your judgement and I will leave this topic be anyone could take this info for what it's worth at the end of the day it's a hobby and it's all about fun and Bx I will see you for fight nite UFC payperview at my house and have that brushless cyclone ready because I'm coming for you... Yea I said it!!! Take Care...

Look, you might have shown me on some things over the years, but time to bust your bubble. Many and I do say MANY things, I have learned on my own. Just simple reading, sampling and seeing what works. Gearing a car properly has zip to do with a ball diff opening up and failing. Just look around this thread on the Pro4 and then for the Cyclone. HPI/Hot Bodies balls diffs are weak, be it for stock, mild modified or modified. I vividly recall you building a diff for me when I first got the Pro4 and it FAILED, the same way it did when I built it. It is a common complaint for this car. as well as the Cyclone. I know spools dont forgive on turns, but figure, how much adjusting and turning are you doing GOING STRAIGHT? If you have to correct at anything more than 40mph, ball diff or not, you run the chance at crashing. That is why many people who run spools on this car, run a one way in the front. As for the Pro4, I know this car like the back of my hand and know what I have seen. Yes, you worked in a hobbyshop for years, but when it comes to being in the trenches with this car, I have the edge on this one.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #15279
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Well, u are wrong this timw around..... Its definitely the one-way bearing......fixed it up pretty good anyway....thnx guys......
Thats cool. Nothing wrong with discovering a problem and solving it. Be it the one way or droop, problem solved is problem solved.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:39 AM   #15280
Tech Addict

Quote:

Look, you might have shown me on some things over the years, but time to bust your bubble. Many and I do say MANY things, I have learned on my own. Just simple reading, sampling and seeing what works. Gearing a car properly has zip to do with a ball diff opening up and failing. Just look around this thread on the Pro4 and then for the Cyclone. HPI/Hot Bodies balls diffs are weak, be it for stock, mild modified or modified. I vividly recall you building a diff for me when I first got the Pro4 and it FAILED, the same way it did when I built it. It is a common complaint for this car. as well as the Cyclone. I know spools dont forgive on turns, but figure, how much adjusting and turning are you doing GOING STRAIGHT? If you have to correct at anything more than 40mph, ball diff or not, you run the chance at crashing. That is why many people who run spools on this car, run a one way in the front. As for the Pro4, I know this car like the back of my hand and know what I have seen. Yes, you worked in a hobbyshop for years, but when it comes to being in the trenches with this car, I have the edge on this one.
Sad to say you still have alot to learn Bx. You ain't bustin my bubble, I know what I am talking about. Gearing play a big factor beause not only do you gear the car for top end but you gear the car to keep the car under control from start to finish. Too much low end and you will be all over the place keep that in mind and over gearing will hurt you too you'll never top out in the distance you need to run and you will over heat your motor, batts, esc. There more to just throwing big power in a car and go. I fooled my self years ago about spools for speed runs too I was sadly mistaken and learned from it. When you come over to my house I will explain in detail and show you exactly what I mean, you think it's all about going strate and spools keeping it under control at high speeds and laying the big power down and spools aren't always the solution, and I will show you the science of it once you come over my house I refuse to cotinue this topic with you on this thread and once I explain it to you maybe you will understand it better, speedruns and drag racing are two different things as 4wd to 2wd is. I see exactly what you are missing in your idea of speedruns and going fast (I ain't mad at you) but I do see what you are over looking , so it would be best to just show you what I am saying and break it down to you step by step so you can see the whole picture. And sometimes when you do run BIG POWER you will have to steer and get the car under control it's nite and day from 7.2v to 14.8+volts. I disagree that you don't have the edge on this one but I do hear your point on the pro4 and what you had to deal with but I just will show you in person than explain it to you on the thread. You always understand it better when you see it and Back to the record breaking speed runs on 4wd all ran open diffs adjusted properly and no spools all those cars were set up correctly, ran hard numbers spools aren't always the answer I learned that years ago and I still swear on spools but only for drag racing... Like I said before it's just a hobby and everyone has there own opinion I don't knock you Bx at the end of the day we still cool, you still my dude and I really don't want to debate this topic anymore with you bro, we will pick this one up in my house. I tell you one thing you sure know how to get me pumped. Take Care...
Old 05-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #15281
Tech Master

I am not talking about gearing for speed runs. I am well aware about gear ratios and the effects they have for top end as well as off the line punch. What you clearly missed the point on was the strength of HPI diffs...they suck. Ask around the forums. People are looking to use Xray, Associated, Tamiya and Alex racing parts in the diffs because HPI hasnt addressed a simple yet key part. All of the typing in the world wont change that. I understand that slight slip while going down a straight and the need to adjust, ya ya ya. The key point I refer to is the strength of HPI diffs. If under extreme loads, they do not stand up well, period. Say what you want, THIS I know more than you do. I dont need to be explained to about the physics of cars....I think I got that covered. You know plenty, I never said you didnt. But I will say is the knowledge of this car I have the edge. Not about pushing buttons, but I know this car and its faults.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #15282
Tech Addict

Quote:
I am not talking about gearing for speed runs. I am well aware about gear ratios and the effects they have for top end as well as off the line punch. What you clearly missed the point on was the strength of HPI diffs...they suck. Ask around the forums. People are looking to use Xray, Associated, Tamiya and Alex racing parts in the diffs because HPI hasnt addressed a simple yet key part. All of the typing in the world wont change that. I understand that slight slip while going down a straight and the need to adjust, ya ya ya. The key point I refer to is the strength of HPI diffs. If under extreme loads, they do not stand up well, period. Say what you want, THIS I know more than you do. I dont need to be explained to about the physics of cars....I think I got that covered. You know plenty, I never said you didnt. But I will say is the knowledge of this car I have the edge. Not about pushing buttons, but I know this car and its faults.
Ok HPI diffs maybe weak but spools aren't the answer to speed runs only for drag racing. I hear you on the whole weak diff thing but If I go out and buy a pro4 I will prove the point You've been missing... Weak diffs can be fixed get strong custom one made you did it why can't anyone else? But dude needs to decide if speedruns is what he's gonna do. I gave him gearing that will work for both so everything else he has to decide on for himself. I gave him the best advice I could talking only from my knowledge and experience and he could take it for what it's worth if he thinks my advice is garbage fine, if he thinks it's great, then fine too. At the end of the day I know what works and I could make a killer car in dragracing or speedruns at any given time. I don't need to prove anything else I'm in a really sweet spot in this game and I still keep learning and coming up with new ideas to keep on going faster, but right now my money isn't right to do the thing's I want to do but the knowledge is there and still growing. Bx you my family we cool and I hope when I leave to Florida I would leave you what I have learned in this hobby my tips and secrets I've learned and you could take it for what it's worth too and maybe one day you can build a real kick@ss car and show your skills. But Please stop being so hard headed At the end of the day it's all a hobby and just go out and have fun. Take Care and Good Luck to all you guy's that want to go fast.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #15283
Tech Master

Man, dont get a hernia patting yourself on the back. I hate to tell you this, but if you buy a Pro4 to prove this point, you will waste your money to be proven wrong. You not only strengthen my point by clearly stating what I suggest (custom making outdrives), but you solidify when you neglect to mention how you built a diff for me when I first got the Pro4 that failed. Again, do not miss the point, not knocking your speed run knowledge. It's not anyone being hard-headed (you are being more unwavering than I am in relation to this). I know how this car operates and did an AMPLE amount of research before buying it. I saw how dudes ran spools to keep the car str8 to conquer torque steer, adjusting their droop. I have seen what it does with ball diffs. Yes, you know what you are talking about in the wider spectrum, but narrowing it down, you are off the mark. The facts speak for themselves. Like I said, query on this thread as well as for the Cyclone. One common denominator is WEAK DIFFS.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:37 PM   #15284
Tech Regular

shoooo....i get tired from just reading your posts BX and TRJ....

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #15285
Tech Master

I try to keep em short and sweet. I understand that novellas in forums hurt eyes.