Old 05-03-2007, 06:02 AM   #15226
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

use 97T or 99T very best
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:56 AM   #15227
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i wanna do the hara top deck on my pro 4 and i found the washers on tower but what are the size of the o-rings? because they dont have it under the pro 4 section i was just wondering what size they where
drifterrolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #15228
Tech Apprentice

Default guys

sorry i know i posted this in the othe section however
which is better for 540 motor in a pro 4
64 or 48 pitch
also suggeston s on esc and recievers please
thanks
minnesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #15229
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I found it hard getting really high rollouts with 64 pitch, but i was buying all the genuine HPI spurs/pinions.

With 48 pitch i was using a 69T spur and 38-41Tooth pinions. 38-41 Tooth pinions can be hard to find in some areas. You wont find them in most of the big online stores in the US.

The pinions i have are team atlas ones.

For ESCs ive been using QC2s with the large cap from the worlds edition kit, or a GTX. But ive been buying mine second hand on rctech.
Note that the GTX comes with a power cap pre-installed.

Receivers, no idea go 2.4 GHz :P
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #15230
Tech Fanatic

yeah g,day fellas newby to the pro 4 thread. i competitevly race a pro 4 and love it. it is still very competative, even against it younger brother the cyclone. very happy with it. thought i d pop up and say g, day
pti goliath crawler... (always being modified)
hpi baja 5b ss 29.5 cc setting up 4 1/4 scale speedway
acko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #15231
Tech Elite

Heya acko, yep i still see a few of them around in sydney.
Unfortunately i jumped ship to the cyclone as im not a good enough driver to man handle the brute power of a Pro 4 around.

Although now that im racing 19T and playing with mod thats probably a good thing.

Still got old faithful on the shelf though (and another almost complete in spares), i need to dust it off and get it operational so i can drag some of my non-rc mates out to the track.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #15232
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I myself thought I was the last of the mohicans when it came to the Pro4. Once I got the Cyclone, I couldnt just jump back. I have a few things to do, then I will set it up with a nice mild, BL modified motor. It's fast as hell, just got tired of stripping gears inside the diff case. Aside of that, no problems.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #15233
Tech Fanatic

yeah 1 of my mates has a cyclone and i would think if i cut some laps with that car it would be very different. bx pittie, wot diff were you running in the front to do so many bevel gears and wot sort of track were you running on? i run a oneway in the front and have found a good crash to the front on power will almost always strip teeth especially on carpet tracks. lucky i dont crash that much but those gears are the highest consumed part on my car to this day.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #15234
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman

Still got old faithful on the shelf though (and another almost complete in spares), i need to dust it off and get it operational so i can drag some of my non-rc mates out to the track.
mangoman ever want to sell any pro gear look me up
Old 05-09-2007, 07:45 AM   #15235
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by acko
yeah 1 of my mates has a cyclone and i would think if i cut some laps with that car it would be very different. bx pittie, wot diff were you running in the front to do so many bevel gears and wot sort of track were you running on? i run a oneway in the front and have found a good crash to the front on power will almost always strip teeth especially on carpet tracks. lucky i dont crash that much but those gears are the highest consumed part on my car to this day.
I run a ball diff both front and rear. I never had a problem with the front, it was always the rear. Running on an asphalt track, wide and flowing, it wouldnt happen on the regular. Kind of hard to pinpoint, sometimes, it would happen during pratice, other times, after a full day of getting some burn. Coicidentally, never after a wreck. Other stuff would break, but that was to be expected at those speeds.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:54 AM   #15236
Tech Elite

Nah i'll hold onto them, but thanks for asking. I bought a few spare bevel gears as spares though.

Basically if you run a spool or oneway if you hit things when on power there is no give in the drive train which is why it strips teeth. It helps if you shim the teeth correctly and also if you soak the bevel gears in hot water before installing.

Alternatively a ball diff should result in less problems with stripping the front bevel gear.

Werent you having problems more with the inside of the diff cups than the bevel gears BX?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:34 AM   #15237
Tech Addict

Default re

im re-building a pro4 for drag/speedrun. would a spool on both ends help me on straigh line and acceleration? and would a 24mm wheels be a good idea the the motor would be 5700 mamba. thanks...
diozxlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:56 AM   #15238
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by diozxlive
im re-building a pro4 for drag/speedrun. would a spool on both ends help me on straigh line and acceleration? and would a 24mm wheels be a good idea the the motor would be 5700 mamba. thanks...
Depends on the amount of cells. I found that a spool and a powerful motor has a tendency to sheer and tear up the purple cvd's Go with the TC4 universals, beefier and can withstand more abuse under load. Aside of that, the spools will be an excellent idea. 24mm are ideal. I have gone down to 22mm supernarrows. WIth the 5700, I hope you are running at least 11.1 Li-Po. The Pro4 doesnt leave much room for gear swaps unless you dremel the chassis and upper deck. Tell me more......

Old 05-09-2007, 09:10 AM   #15239
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diozxlive
YES, did you get my pm???
Old 05-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #15240
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Depends on the amount of cells. I found that a spool and a powerful motor has a tendency to sheer and tear up the purple cvd's Go with the TC4 universals, beefier and can withstand more abuse under load. Aside of that, the spools will be an excellent idea. 24mm are ideal. I have gone down to 22mm supernarrows. WIth the 5700, I hope you are running at least 11.1 Li-Po. The Pro4 doesnt leave much room for gear swaps unless you dremel the chassis and upper deck. Tell me more......
Yea Bx I gave him some tips in his pm and I've been trying to help him out too. You know what he is doing is what I do best. As for super narrows 22mm he can use them but they aren't that easy to find from HPI. I'm still runnig those 22mm super narrows on my TC3 on x pattern tires. He would be able to get away with them but he won't be able to steer at high speeds. Also he would have to cut his steering throw down to 30% in order to steer and keep the car stable at high speeds. Spools are great for drag racing but not for speedruns. For speed runs you need an open diff but tighten it down to reduce torque roll, but you need some torque roll to keep MPH momentum with spools you can't do that. Spools are great to run short track. You get great hard launches and keeps the car going strate as an arrow on the 132ft. Bx tell him for yourself, you seen my cars run with and with out spools.