R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #14986
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
I MISSED the R.C. Car Fun Talk.....I was setting-up My Evo 5.

I see you guys race your Pro 4s hard. My Pro 4 is a Fast Show Car/Kit and somewhat a Race Car.
-bxpitbull likes to Race with a Brushless Motor; I thought he would have taken that challenge.
Today was a Nice Day(no rain in the afternoon). I could have got a few test runs.

Take Care
My Pro 4 is receiving an upgrade. The 3.5 rotor is on it's way and by God, all who dare slap their vehicles down, be prepared to get smoked! Trj is a glutton for punishment and it will be a sad day when I beat him into retirement.....

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:44 AM   #14987
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Heya bxpitbull, from what ive heard in the aussie threads, if you are using all novak equipment the 3.5 is not that much more faster that the 4.5 but is a lot more prone to overheating, the ESC that is. And if you have a GTB then upgrade the fan on it to the muchmore one which is a lot better.

Also sintered rotors are apparently THE GO!
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:19 AM   #14988
Tech Master

Default I dont know about that mango

I have seen the carnage of the 3.5 in action. Anyone you have seen with the 3.5 that had heating issues probably didnt adjust their gear ratio from the 4.5 to the 3.5. But, I will monitor it for heat, trust me.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #14989
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Bx Pitbull I am Back and your upgrade part is in... It's time to shine. Your PRO 4 is gonna be a serious machine!!!
trjracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #14990
Tech Master

Default :nod: :nod:

My man, after seeing what a converted Hot Bodies Lightning with a Neu motor, 4s Li-po pack and Quark 125 esc did to cats at the track this weekend, it is so on. One dude was smarting off about nitro, but when I said line it up with electric, he shut the eff up! I saw you calling, but I am having a heck of a day. So I am jumping in and out. How as the trip?

Old 03-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #14991
Tech Addict

And for that remark that you said that you gonna beat me into retirement, I don't think so, But it sounds good on paper. I would like to see you beat me into retirement but just remember that WHO PUT THE PUNISHMENT ON YOU IN THE LAST 5 YEARS Bx Pitbull. Don't jump out the window without a parachute!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #14992
Tech Addict

Thank's for asking the trip was great, Call me when you get a chance... Later Bx Pit...
Old 03-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #14993
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood

Hey bxpitbull; I was thinking about going to Floyd Bennett on a Weekday and just have a little R.C. Car Fun. We plan on Sweeping the Track and have a -Who`s in the Front.....is in 1st Place- Race.....Ha Ha!
-Tuesday, March 13th or Wednesday, March 14th at 11a.m.....we should be there.

I can`t Race on the Weekends(I Work Harder on Weekends); so it`s all Weekdays.

Take Care
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:35 PM   #14994
Tech Addict

Yes, There is a big difference with the 3.5 over the 4.5, I had a 3.5 and the power is a big difference, A night and day difference over the 4.5 , Yes, the 3.5 is faster and by a good amount. You will be able to see the difference and more so if you go Lipo...
Old 03-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #14995
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman
Heya bxpitbull, from what ive heard in the aussie threads, if you are using all novak equipment the 3.5 is not that much more faster that the 4.5 but is a lot more prone to overheating, the ESC that is. And if you have a GTB then upgrade the fan on it to the muchmore one which is a lot better.

Also sintered rotors are apparently THE GO!
The 3.5 is alot faster than the 4.5 over heating is caused by using the wrong gearing. The 3.5 is that much faster than the 4.5 and more so if you go Lipo, Don't believe everything you hear I'm just giving you the facts because I had a 3.5 and I saw the big difference over the 4.5, You just have to know how to gear your car and keep it light, Go lipo and you will see what I am talking about. The 3.5 is worth the money you spend on it. I wasn't dissappointed...
Old 03-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #14996
Tech Addict

The 3.5 puts out 63000 rpm unloaded. The 4.5 puts out 54000 unloaded. Both on the load, the 3.5 will run faster. Yes, the 3.5 will run a little warmer than the 4.5, but thats because it revs harder. The temperature difference between the two should be between 5 & 8 degrees warmer. Using cells are great but very heavy. In return, the motor runs hotter. Going Lipo, you have less weight, and you will be able to put more of the power to use, as well as gain more run time. Just a little information for you guys.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #14997
Tech Initiate

HOW GOOD DOSE THIS CHASSIS RUN WIT A NOVAK 4.5 GTB SYSTEM.my biggest rival just bought one. i just wanna know wat i'm up against...
snail run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #14998
Tech Regular

@ trjracing: i need some help please. i installed my GTB and 3.5R motor, did the one touch setup. the motor runs fine. sounds good and everything. the only thing is that on the Blue and Amber led's stay on permanently on the ESC. at neutral the Red LED stays on at full throttle the green comes on and at full brake the green flashes. all the while through this the blue and amber LED's stay on.

is this correct? if not what does it mean?

thanks

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:35 AM   #14999
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail run
HOW GOOD DOSE THIS CHASSIS RUN WIT A NOVAK 4.5 GTB SYSTEM.my biggest rival just bought one. i just wanna know wat i'm up against...
If his using it on a PRO4 with a lipo,you will have your hands full yes it is fast on the PRO4, if you are running a brushed set up, you might be in trouble if you race him. I run brushed against the 4.5, I ran 7 cells with an 8x2 trinity flat wire and I beat the 4.5 but on 6 cells the brushed motor doesn't produce the rpm and power to get on front. Gearing is a big factor and how heavy your car is. It also depends on what kind of racing you do, If it's a drag race to see who has a faster car, all you need is 132ft. If you going to speed run your cars and run a 1/10 scale mile to see who pulls a higher mph that can go any which way it all depends how your car is set up. And if you going to track race I wouldn't worry too much because the 4.5 is too fast and he's probably going to crash in the turns, it takes time to get use too the power of the 4.5, You should be able to out drive him on the road course. On a track, faster isn't always better, So if you going to race him let me know what kind of race you going to do and I will help you with your set up on your car. If you have any more questions email me at trjracing@optonline.net

Last edited by trjracing; 03-13-2007 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:42 AM   #15000
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRacer
@ trjracing: i need some help please. i installed my GTB and 3.5R motor, did the one touch setup. the motor runs fine. sounds good and everything. the only thing is that on the Blue and Amber led's stay on permanently on the ESC. at neutral the Red LED stays on at full throttle the green comes on and at full brake the green flashes. all the while through this the blue and amber LED's stay on.

is this correct? if not what does it mean?

thanks
If your unit is running fine you shouldn't worry too much, It sounds about right but I sold my 3.5 a month ago due to financal problems, I don't have the set up sheet anymore, so I don't remember all the settings but it sounds about right. You can ask my best friend Bx Pitbull he is running the GTB and he can help you with the different settings. But if it works and if you are not having any problems with it just leave it as is. Take Care...