Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loose TC5, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Renuco612, give it a try and see what happens.
I would say use the setup sheets as a guide because 99% of the time you cannot duplicate the traction, layout, track size, etc at your track.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Renuco612, If you race on a large track it might be helpfull however the guys at my local track that run rubber tire on carpet dont use them.....I have ran rubber tire on asphalt and used a oneway but liked the spool better....If this is your first T/C listen to 51 and ask around at your track.....But if your track leaves it lap timing sys. on or a buddy w/ a stop watch can determine this for you.....The setups from AE are a good starting point but guys drive and like there cars to act and feel differently.....The only way to get faster is to try new things but with T/C ONLY TRY ONE THING AT A TIME and document your changes along with track conditions...
Old 10-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for all the help. I switched the springs and that did help. I also decreased my servo end point and spped. That helped, but this week I want to take the shims out. Hopefully this will help some. There are not to many experienced guys. We are a new track. We went out and bought the transponder system and got a gym that is carpeted with a great track. I am just trying to figure this thing out. It probly is more car than I need, but I hope to grow into it and I love the car. I will let you know what the shims do. After that I will let you know, and see if I got it dialed in.