Search

2008 Roar Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Where is the Hudson?
But SQC049 does bring up a point... Say if the Snowbirds wanted to move the race around..... Say to Baston.... Or Chicago..... Or Orlando.....
In Feb..... Which would you choose?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
Not if you go out in your Man Thong again!!!!!!!!!
I stopped wearing them on race day, they ride up too much so I just go commando....
Old 11-28-2007, 08:42 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
So if you had a shit ass track in the bahamas then that is where the race should be. Last time I check you go to race not site see. I will take Omaha over Miami and a crappy facility.

Roar must be as dumb as the NCAA for having the college world series here every year. Or maybe Roar is dumb as the Olympic committe for having USA Olympic swimming tryouts here and one last one Omaha can't be to bad if American Idol came here to hold tryouts for the show. This is in the last year I can go on if you want me to

Get a ticket to Disney Land and go play with Mickey
I will give props for the all of the above except for American Idol. They need to find bad singers somewhere.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:43 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
I stopped wearing them on race day, they ride up too much so I just go commando....
Damn that might be even a worse thought.
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049
It has nothing to do with who's track is better then who's. My point is that most normal people travel to these race on their own dime, using a week of vacation time from their jobs. I'm not spending my money and wasting my vacation time to travel to the middle of bumblefuck for a week. If any of the onroad races were in a remotely interesting place, people might want to attend.

Let me guess, you're from the middle of no where, aren't you? Don't take is so personally, it's the internet.
So its fair for us in middle america to always have to travel, but not fair for you to have to travel one year? Little full of yourself aren't we?
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It has nothing to do with who's track is better then who's. My point is that most normal people travel to these race on their own dime, using a week of vacation time from their jobs. I'm not spending my money and wasting my vacation time to travel to the middle of bumblefuck for a week. If any of the onroad races were in a remotely interesting place, people might want to attend.

Let me guess, you're from the middle of no where, aren't you? Don't take is so personally, it's the internet.
That is your choice to not spend a your dime and waste a week of vacation for a race. However, their are some who do have the time to waste and the money with nothing else to do but love to race. I have the time, but unfortunately not the money, but looking to find away to make at least one of these big races in my lifetime. Also far as these races being held in BFE (politely putting it), that is fine with me since I have never been their to either place. Their maybe others that might find it refreshing to get away to somewhere that is away from the major metropolitain area. So again your choice and that is fine, but don't be a bubble buster for others.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

There is more to life then toy car racing. Why spend all the money to go some place where there is nothing to do after the race but look at corn?

I don't expect you to understand, there is nothing west of the Hudson anyway. Enjoy your corn fields and indoor plumbing, I'm done here.
Last Time I checked there was plenty to see at Legends

See the rest of you racers in Omaha

Later, Lee
Old 11-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The only place your going to see corn in March in Nebraska is going to be the can food row at the grocery store.

At last time I check Roar was not Triple A. They have hard enough time keeping people happy playing with toy cars now they have to make sure your vaction spot is a good one.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I will say that for some location plays a huge part. When I look at the two of the biggest races of the year IIC and Snowbirds they do have alot of appeal to go race their. People do use them for vacation and to race at the same time. Not ever location will do that. Might not be fair but it is safe to say that you move the race from the new current location (Omaha) and have that race in Vegas it would draw more racers.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by LeeS

Later, Lee
I'm sure that will make the women racers book their hotel in a hurry...
Old 11-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LeeS

Later, Lee
i would like to know more about this legends

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
I'm sure that will make the women racers book their hotel in a hurry...
this kinda makes me not want to know more about it, best not be chip and dales style,

ive been to a few of the wierd rc race locations, and there is at least 1 thing cool to do at all of them, if you go to the novak race and stay at teh host hotel look across the street, that is pretty much were you will find everyone

honestly all i care about is a warm track, a convenience store to get my monster within walking distance,( or at teh track is better) and a nice hotel, those make for a decent race imo.

every year i go to the birds i say im gonna go to disney world, but i have not made it there yet, lol...i say that at every race but never end up actually doing anything sept party on sunday night
Old 11-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
i would like to know more about this legends

this kinda makes me not want to know more about it, best not be chip and dales style,

ive been to a few of the wierd rc race locations, and there is at least 1 thing cool to do at all of them, if you go to the novak race and stay at teh host hotel look across the street, that is pretty much were you will find everyone

honestly all i care about is a warm track, a convenience store to get my monster within walking distance,( or at teh track is better) and a nice hotel, those make for a decent race imo.

every year i go to the birds i say im gonna go to disney world, but i have not made it there yet, lol...i say that at every race but never end up actually doing anything sept party on sunday night
When you think of Legends, think of: Friday's, Applebee,s, Chili's, etc.

Sports Bar, good food, cold beer and a big fireplace.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Funny how the two electric onroad races are in the middle of freaking nowhere in places that most people have zero desire to travel to. Also funny that the Northeast didn't get a single race.

Well done ROAR, well done.
Isn't Maryland in the Northeast? 301 has the 1/8th Fuel Nats.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

There is more to life then toy car racing. Why spend all the money to go some place where there is nothing to do after the race but look at corn?

I don't expect you to understand, there is nothing west of the Hudson anyway. Enjoy your corn fields and indoor plumbing, I'm done here.
Please please stay where you are. That is exactly where we like you, far away.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

With liquor and friends, I can have fun anywhere.

I look forward to visiting new places in hopes of experiencing some local flavor. Monoculture is all around us, friends... enjoy some variety while you still can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.