Hobbytown - Fredrick, Maryland
RC Hobbies -Jonesboro, Arkansas
Gulf Coast RC - Houston, Texas
What race are they considered for?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kwik
While the Omaha track looks fantastic The Gate seems like it would be the most logical choice for attendance. The largest carpet racing crowds are scattered throughout WI, MI, OH, NY and the Northeast which are all within driving distance. The cheaper it is for these guys to get there the better chance you have of seeing them actually show up.

Nick
It's comments like this that frustrate me the most. In '06 my track hosted the carpet nats in all places Stockton, CA. Everyone cried, carpet is a mid-east thing. Carpet nats don't belong on the west coast, ect. What happened, we hosted the most attended carpet national in 10+ years over 280 entries. That was more than '07 at CEFX (not by much) and more than any other carpet nat between 2000-2007. Ohmaha has as good chance at hosting a well attended race as any track in so called "carpet country". If it's 24hrs for you to drive Nick then its over 48 for me or anyone in Cali to drive. We'll have to take a plane if we want to attend at any host being considered. It was already in Region 5 last year. It should be in a different region this year.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Well its been what 8 years since Florida had a carpet race... Might be a good time to consider that notion, not to mention the organizer of that race is Mike Boylan and I think he knows a thing or 2 about running a WORLD CLASS event with HUNDREDS of racers. Seems like people are constantly complaining about the organization of the events they have attended... IMO that would not be an issue with MB.....

Butter
Nothing against Florida or Mike Boylan and the crew down there. They put on some great races. But when has Region 8 seen a Carpet National held here? Never in the 27 years that i've been racing that I can think of. In fact i've only seen 2 national event held in this region. The 89 Nitro Onroad Nationals in St Louis, and the 04 Stock Offroad Nationals in Chillicothe MO. Nebraska put in for 2 national events this year. The Carpet Nats and for either the 1/8 or 1/10 Nitro Onroad Nats. I would love to see them get both of them. I can't remember all the National events that have been held in Region 4 (Florida) or Region 5 (which includes Ohio). Isn't it time to consider other Regions and venues to help showcase other Regions that help make up what ROAR is? For Team Kwik, i'm sorry it'll cost you more to go. But sponsoring drivers and such, that money spent is considered promotions for your company. Me on the other hand. I'm unsponsored, i'm one of the millions of people that makes less than $30 thousand a year in the United States, and try to support my hobby racing 1/8 onroad and 1/10 and 1/12 electric, and so I have limited oppurtunities to travel around the country to go to some of these big races. But I do make the larger races in my region. But, however if the race was in my Region, it would help give me and others from this Region the oppurtunity to race in a National event. I've made both the Nationals that have been held in this Region prior and would definitely make it to the events if they were held in this area of the US. So you guys and ROAR should really take that into consideration.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

There is more to our suggestions then where the biggest crowd is.

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
GATE, save yourself the trouble and get your tickets now, I'm not from the midwest, Tex or Neb, they haven't annouce it yet but that where it will be held in the Midwest "the Gate" they have the biggest foam tire following
Old 11-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CarlosG.
What race are they considered for?

Asphalt
Old 11-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

'07 CEFX, Detroit, MI
'06 Stockton RC Raceway, Stockton, CA
'05 Hobby Chamber, Connecticuit
'04 The Gate, Cleavland, OH
'03 Minnesota
'02 STRC Hobbies & Raceway, STockton, CA
'01 The Track, Gaithersburg, MD
'00 Minreg
'99 Minreg
Old 11-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

There are a bunch of factors that have to be considered for awarding any National race, just a few years ago, it was almost impossible to get viable bids for these races.

If there has not been a Carpet National in your region for 27 years ( not sure myslf) ,then there are legit reasons for it. Each bid is taken seriously, and the details are dicussed. The decisions from the committee are made in the best interest of ROAR, Tracks and Racers.

IMHO, the Plex put in a great bid package, and they put it in first. That said, there are always caveats for each track and bid.

In a perfect world, we could rotate the races from region to region, but as it is.. We have a hard enough time finding regional directors...

Originally Posted by Lance72RC
Nothing against Florida or Mike Boylan and the crew down there. They put on some great races. But when has Region 8 seen a Carpet National held here? Never in the 27 years that i've been racing that I can think of. In fact i've only seen 2 national event held in this region. The 89 Nitro Onroad Nationals in St Louis, and the 04 Stock Offroad Nationals in Chillicothe MO. Nebraska put in for 2 national events this year. The Carpet Nats and for either the 1/8 or 1/10 Nitro Onroad Nats. I would love to see them get both of them. I can't remember all the National events that have been held in Region 4 (Florida) or Region 5 (which includes Ohio). Isn't it time to consider other Regions and venues to help showcase other Regions that help make up what ROAR is? For Team Kwik, i'm sorry it'll cost you more to go. But sponsoring drivers and such, that money spent is considered promotions for your company. Me on the other hand. I'm unsponsored, i'm one of the millions of people that makes less than $30 thousand a year in the United States, and try to support my hobby racing 1/8 onroad and 1/10 and 1/12 electric, and so I have limited oppurtunities to travel around the country to go to some of these big races. But I do make the larger races in my region. But, however if the race was in my Region, it would help give me and others from this Region the oppurtunity to race in a National event. I've made both the Nationals that have been held in this Region prior and would definitely make it to the events if they were held in this area of the US. So you guys and ROAR should really take that into consideration.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tim...I authored our bid so I take great pride in you saying how complete it is
Old 11-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Here's a vid from the Carpet Challenge in Feb. That's me in the white mini, getting spanked by Matt Howard in the Red car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQl5rR-m0cQ
Old 11-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
'07 CEFX, Detroit, MI
'06 Stockton RC Raceway, Stockton, CA
'05 Hobby Chamber, Connecticuit
'04 The Gate, Cleavland, OH
'03 Minnesota
'02 STRC Hobbies & Raceway, STockton, CA
'01 The Track, Gaithersburg, MD
'00 Minreg
'99 Minreg
Thn Hobbyplex it is.....lol
Old 11-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

NP... was nice. Also, to those who want to bid in the future ask Froboy to send a copy of thier bid to you, or for that matter, the Stockton guys had a REALLY good bid in 06.

Originally Posted by FroBoy
Tim...I authored our bid so I take great pride in you saying how complete it is
Another note, I did not comment too much, as it just opens the floodgates, of My track this, My track that.... We take each BID SERIOUSLY.. and would like to award the race to each track....

I felt the racers deserved some feedback as to where things stood. This whole process is easier when it happens in a timely manner, and we kinda got put in a bad spot on that..... Wherever the race is held, I am sure it will be well attended and run.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So why wasn't Mikes considered higher on the list? I would hope its not do to reasons I heard...
Old 11-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What reason was that David? I am curious. I wanted Mike's to get it to so I could make it. Now their is no way I can go.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'll keep it to myself until I hear something offical. I'm just trying to figure out when electric racing is crapped on so much in this region. We can't seem to get anything done. Our region directors never seem to care. The only time we get a regionals is when a track takes it upon itself to set it all up. Its insane. If there was ever a region that needed a big race to save it, its this one.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Oh, our regional directors do care only if it is a nitro race. I was dissapointed that no one else decided to pic up the regional race since the complaints of Hobbytown in San Antonio had it for the last 5 years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.