Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
So what happened to pan cars etc?? (old guy here) >

So what happened to pan cars etc?? (old guy here)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So what happened to pan cars etc?? (old guy here)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We race pan cars, Tamiya F103GT in endurance racing every weekend. Race lengths vary from 1-4 hours.

Check it out

www.ttminisports.com
Old 09-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey i wanted to chime in again, PRC here in Colorado still makes 10th scale pans, doug is a good guy, my bro just bought his t plate car , and he makes a spring car kinda like a pantura in various widths, shoot him an email to get one made for you, get it from his web site www.powellracingcomponents.com
Old 09-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey i wanted to chime in again, PRC here in Colorado still makes 10th scale pans, doug is a good guy, my bro just bought his t plate car , and he makes a spring car kinda like a pantura in various widths, shoot him an email to get one made for you, get it from his web site www.powellracingcomponents.com
Their web page is a little incomplete, no reference about 1/10 pan cars at all.

I have been looking for an easy to get pan car kit, but had no result. The pantoura is not being sold right now, stormer hobbies have this other chassis thats pretty expensive, and besides that, I see no other options. Since no manufacturer is making them, no big seller is selling them. I have an associated 230mm pan car, it is a beauty, but is no longer available.

Here in our club (Ecuador, Southamerica) we used to race Electric TC, but nitro took over and TCs dissapeared. There are some of us that just dont like nitro and we are thinking about something different than TC, I think pan cars are a good choice because of easy maintainance and more runtime.

Can somebody tell me if it is true that a 200 mm pan car can outrun modified tc?

We have a 231 feet straight and the grip is not the best.

Does somebody know if a big brand has plans to prduce a new 1/10 pan car?

Thanks.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I bought an iForce from Darkside Motorsports and have been very happy with it's performance. It's a very solidly built car thats easy to adapt to any width and length you like.

http://www.darksidems.com/viewproducts.php?partnum=460

Mick
Old 09-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pepecueva
Their web page is a little incomplete, no reference about 1/10 pan cars at all.

I have been looking for an easy to get pan car kit, but had no result. The pantoura is not being sold right now, stormer hobbies have this other chassis thats pretty expensive, and besides that, I see no other options. Since no manufacturer is making them, no big seller is selling them. I have an associated 230mm pan car, it is a beauty, but is no longer available.

Here in our club (Ecuador, Southamerica) we used to race Electric TC, but nitro took over and TCs dissapeared. There are some of us that just dont like nitro and we are thinking about something different than TC, I think pan cars are a good choice because of easy maintainance and more runtime.

Can somebody tell me if it is true that a 200 mm pan car can outrun modified tc?

We have a 231 feet straight and the grip is not the best.

Does somebody know if a big brand has plans to prduce a new 1/10 pan car?

Thanks.
You have to email Doug from PRC to purchase his 1/10th stuff.

BMI the makers of some trick 1/12th cars, are toying with the idea of building a 200mm car, you can see pics of it on the 1st page of this thread.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

or I have about aq dozen cars to sell you in various stages of build
Old 09-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

md, what ya got? prc's 10th scale is a chasis kit only. you need a donor car or to buy all the parts seperately.. it is the car i own and run..
Old 09-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=180737
Old 09-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Love to see the pancars back on the track in a seperate class with GT1 bodies like Porsche, Saleen, Lamborghini, Audi R8 etc instead of the touringcarbodies we use on our 190mm cars. I remember I had a TRC car 18yrs ago. Great car, very expensive that time! We didn't have internet, we had to import it throgh a local shop to the Netherlands where I live while it was easily to get a Corally car for me. I was running Reedy brushed motors and had a Novak T1X esc with Novak Micro receiver in the car. Nascar bodies were popular for that kind of chassis.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

jason how did the testing at the race go?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

We have 2 1/10 oval classes at the track I race at stock and mod. Th pan cars are flying round there.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
jason how did the testing at the race go?
Oh damn, I forgot. We ran the car with 19t 4 cell and 10t 4 cell. I was blown away by how well it handled. I was a little concerned about steering with the TC body but it had plenty of steering. It was agressive but smoothe. So easy to drive. I was beating on the nitro cars with the 19 in it. Definately a class i would like to run weekly. Durable,easy to drive,fast,handles like a dream, what else is there.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by protc3
....what else is there.
Production of the DB10R
Old 10-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

i wouldn't have guessed getting steering would be the problem.. and to think some folks say pancars won't catch back on or died out because they are hard to drive...
Old 10-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah well... I was tryingot sell mine off and I still have a bunch for sale, but, we took out Tamiya F1 car out... wow...... so,now we are building a pair of pan cars. me an Assiciated RC10LSS based car that fits 200mm bodies PERFECT and my brother is building up the Lynx II.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.