Time spent weekly on maintenance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time spent weekly on maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default Time spent weekly on maintenance?

Just intertested to see how much time people spent keeping there R/C car/cars in tip-top shape. I'm finding myself spending upwards of 10+ hours each week not including race days or time to charge/condition batt's. Just setup, maintance and detailing(Painting/fixing car bodies).
Old 05-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The only work I do is at the track, usually about one hour before racing. doh Wife flips out when I break out the cars and not racing. Getting to race is already hard enough, doh.

GoFaster
Old 05-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

30 minutes during school weeks and 1 hour during summer.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That's respectable, I usually spend 5-6 hours beween racedays.... of coarse you know I don't get out that often So it's usully 2 days before I will be able to race....
Old 05-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That's respectable, I usually spend 5-6 hours beween racedays.... of coarse you know I don't get out that often So it's usully 2 days before I will be able to race....
Old 05-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

None, I have a paid mech I pay him in beer and pay for whatever parts he replaces on my car. ( I still owe him money for some arms and stuff) I have someone paint my bodies for me too. I've put in my time though. I use to spend 10 to 15 hours a week on my stuff, but thats when I wasn't married or had two kids. I still do the little stuff like glue tires and mount bodies but thats about it.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Only a couple of hours, to clean the car down and check everything's still straight and properly adjusted.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow Weekly Wrenching on my R2

I spend about 2.5 hours cutting comms checking/rebuilding diffs, shocks, cleaning and making sure everything is tight.
-Andrew
Old 05-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Depends on what needs to get done. If my car wasn't dialed the week before, or i noticed my diffs need a rebuild or something like that, then maybe 2-3 hours a week, other than that, most weeks barely any.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

It vary a lot - my first/big priority is my family. So sometimes I dont even touch the car for a couple of weeks. But before a big race, I can spend 3 evenings at week on preparations, gluing new tires, cleaning, rebuilding shocks do some minor modifications etc. I dont paint so many bodies, due to my budget. As an average, I'll assume 1-2 hours pr. week.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Okay, I'm probably one of the rc crazed guys out there... I tinker with my cars approx. 3 hours/day eventhough I barely do anything. I don't get to race that much either; probably 3x a month, but still spend a lot of time "bench" or in this case "house" racing. People always think I have brand new cars whenever I hit the track all the time because of my maintenance habits... I myself am amazed my cars look almost new after years of abuse... =)
Old 05-14-2003, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i do pretty much the same thing as eeyan during the week. when im not working or out with friends i just sit around for a couple hours each day and clean stuff, clean some more stuff, get the cars set up, rebuild diffs, shocks, motors etc.. and if i feel like it when im through i clean some more!
Old 05-15-2003, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Time spent weekly on maintenance?

Guys;

WAY TOO MUCH TIME!

Each Car (4-5 weekly) going to the Track gets a complete examination and set-up check. Not to mention charging the Nitro Packs, Starter Boxes and Glow Ignitors the evening before.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I probably average 4-5 hours/week (i own 4 cars, but right now just race two, Tmaxx is for fun and 1/12th scale is just for winter carpet racing). I do it to learn more and I know everything about my cars so I can analyze it while driving and know how to make setting changes and how they affect the car. Most of the time it's spent on my Xray Evo 2, cause that's what's the most competitive right now and it's such a darn nice looking car!
Old 05-15-2003, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Time spent weekly on maintenance?

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

WAY TOO MUCH TIME!

Each Car (4-5 weekly) going to the Track gets a complete examination and set-up check. Not to mention charging the Nitro Packs, Starter Boxes and Glow Ignitors the evening before.
You spend TOO LITTLE TIME!

C'mon pops dosn't your car get dirty? How can you let your car stay dirty more then a few days?

Besides I really enjoy tearing my car to pieces, cleaning it and rebuilding it.

IMPACTPLAYR - O well you'll be out this saturday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.