R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default Setup staion

I used a friends Hudy camber gauges from the super premium bling deluxe Hudy setup station. I loved how well they worked. I want to know if the integy stations, such as http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKTR2&P=7. Work equaly as well. Do they have that same quality feel and action that the Hudy does? Is their a quality difference between Integy's station 1 and station 2? I already have a Hudy setup board. Now I just need some gauges.
Team Associated TC5 - Teambr00d CO27, Futaba S9550, Novak Rooster, DSM
Roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:09 AM   #2
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Yes, they are just as good, but you will need a tweek station and ride height gauge if you dont already have one...

I think im going to get this one

TLR ~ MaClan ~ Hobbywing ~ Futaba ~ Proline ~ Werks Racing ~ Genesis R/C Products ~ Mr. Scrubbles ~ First Premier Satellites
BSchorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:11 AM   #3
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

To really use the first one shown effectively you will also need a pair of set-up wheels and a set-up board (unless you already have one) in addition to the gauges Ben mentioned.

The next step up from that one HAD been Integy's Set-up Station 2. I had one and the pieces were very nice. It came with their leveling board AND the pair of set-up wheels so it was a "complete" kit (other than no droop, ride height or tweak guages). The thing I DIDN'T like is that you have to install all the stuff twice, gauges front / wheels rear to do the front, then remove it all and install the gauges rear and wheels front to finish the job. The Hudy kit comes with four gauges so you set up once, set up the car and you're done. It also comes with ride height, droop, and tweak gauges (very nice ones at that) the Set-up Station 2 is missing AND in the "bling" case you noted. Plus it's coming from Europe where the dollar is worth about nothing anymore on exchange. Hence it costs double plus a bit (double for the twice as much stuff, the plus a bit for poor exchange).

I'd not seen the one Ben linked to. That would probably be a good alternative if you're not wanting to (understandably) splash for the Hudy kit. At least it has four gauges. BUT by the time you shell out for a board and height, droop and tweak gauges you're looking at $150-200 depending on what you get.

Unfortunately, goin' fast ain't cheap...but good set-up equipment is invaluable.
Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.

Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:23 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

ive got the one scotrikk was talking about the setup station 2. i spent about 100 on it and it very nice. the only draw back is switching from front to back. but i dont use it enough to justify the 200 for hudy one to the boss ive used it a few times and it works well
buffalobill989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:41 AM   #5
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I use the Hudy Setup Station and love it. It is high quality, and includes the tweak station, something extra you have to buy with the Integy system.

I got the Hudy from my LHS, and if you have a quality LHS nearby, I suggest you check with the about the price.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

When I raced 1/8 on road gas I had the hudy.
ITs by far the best setup stationon the market.
BUT If you can't justify the price the integy is a good set
tdeal823 is offline   Reply With Quote