Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMC Lipos 7.4 5000mah

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

OK OK, I edited my post but you guys must have been typing while I edited it. Im up to speed now. Thats the last time I leave to go do real work in the middle of such an interesting thread
Old 09-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Actually I dont care. I know my packs are fast enough to beat the people I should beat. Ive read posts by people smarter then me on lipo technology that the C rating isnt really a good indicator.

If 22C makes me laps faster what is the Orion 25C that Orion announced last week going to do?
Actually this has to do with integrity. SMC has stood for quality batteries for a very long time and I know (many of you do also) that some manufacturers are less than honest when it comes to rating cells. That was all I was trying to say. SMC stands for quality, why would they risk that hard earned reputation by releasing junk LIPOs to the market?

Short answer is...they wouldn't.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

SMC, who has made their presence known in the sub c world releasing a soft casing lipo pack should speak volumes. I dont think they would jump into the fray feet first with something that they didnt test thoroughly. Die hard supporters can turn into enemies in a blink of an eye in r/c and they know this.

Last edited by bxpitbull; 09-19-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
SMC, who has made their presence known in the sub c world releasing a soft casing lipo pack should speak volumes.
They were in this very thread asking about our bad experiences with soft LiPo, and wavering on their decision to go with soft LiPo only. Forgive me if I go ahead and make my own decision based on experience rather than let it come from on high.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
Actually this has to do with integrity. SMC has stood for quality batteries for a very long time and I know (many of you do also) that some manufacturers are less than honest when it comes to rating cells. That was all I was trying to say. SMC stands for quality, why would they risk that hard earned reputation by releasing junk LIPOs to the market?

Are you suggesting Orion would?
Old 09-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default read lingers thread about lipo fires

read linger's thread about lipo fires: Viewing Understanding LiPo Fires 101 and then tell me that soft lipo's are ok. But wait, I would much rather take the word of bigmike and smc than linger.

To each their own. To smc: please design a case for your lipos.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Patent or no patent orion have NOT got this sown up atall with the hard case

trakpower for 1 banna plugs & a 2mm balencing port aswell
another company has released a hard case li-po aswell over here JP perkins

hard case (for now) is the way to get cars & clubs to use them for racing safley
You forgot Shumachers CORE rc 5000mah lipo...its also hard cased...
Old 09-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14831

These are hardcased as well.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Am I the only one that sees a clear pattern of belligerance from the same sources on here?
Man, this LiPo deal is a tough gig.
I'm sure glad the feedback from the people who have ACTUALLY run our packs has been so positive. Otherwise my feelings might be hurt.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

I do have one question though:

Have the hardcases actually been studied/documented as preventing problems from physical damage? Or, are they just someone's idea that they "look" like they would aid in the prevention of physical damage. I ask this because what if the hardcases look nice, but in reality would still allow enough physical damage to affect the integrity of the cells in a bad crash etc. In essence, are there any companies/scientists that have objectively looked at this and documented reasearch?

I enjoy reading the comments from everyone, but it seems we just have a bunch of subjective statements flying everywhere. We need to actually see some sound research if we want to argue... and in that case, there may be no reason to argue because the findings would be obvious.

thanks
Old 09-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil

ygpm...
Old 09-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wfdfiremedic
In essence, are there any companies/scientists that have objectively looked at this and documented reasearch?
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3687831
Old 09-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Thanks for that Joe. Reading lingers stuff never gets old. Off to read the whole thing.

Last edited by kuzo; 09-19-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Am I the only one that sees a clear pattern of belligerance from the same sources on here?
I'm sure glad the feedback from the people who have ACTUALLY run our packs has been so positive. Otherwise my feelings might be hurt.
I have run SMC sub c's, my only issue is the cost of your lipo. With so many companies coming into the fray with lipo and SMC being as expensive as Orions, but with a soft case, you shouldve expected flak. Lipo dudes catch enough flak with Orions stuff getting SOME props. Soft casing, HIGH price, man, you were a fodder for feet
Old 09-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
I hope you read Linger's post earlier tonight. You're not dealing entirely with the uninformed public when it comes to LiPo, not even close. I know all your team drivers tell you you're handsome and have pretty hair, but it doesn't mean the rest of us are snickering under our breath.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.