Wiki Posts
Search

SMC Lipos 7.4 5000mah

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
You missed the point... might need to re-read my post without an agenda. (hint: someone was trying to make the leap that since SMC claims higher performance... therefore it MUST also mean that it's more dangerous. I was simply calling him on that false argument. COME ON... you can't say stuff like that without a valid reason.) But go ahead and start insulting me. WOW.

Yeah, lets' all assume that it's very likely that these WILL burn down your house... since they don't have data to prove it won't happen.

I have bought several brands of lipos and NO...I did NOT first demand to see safety data. I also grew up riding my bike without a tard helmet. Amazing I am still alive and never had to ride the short bus. (although possibly retarded after all)

Also, I never said it's not reasonable to ask a company for info concerning their product either.

Why don't you guys add up all the lipo sellers who have the kind of safety data you want to see from SMC. How many others have it??
Actually you may want to take a moment to re-read the thread. In there I posted sample safety reports from third party certification companies that other lipo makes have published. I think you are underestimating how many products you own that have these types of certifications from third parties. Have you ever heard of MSDS (material safety data sheet)? Or UL (underwrites Labratories)? I will continue to say its ridiculous to make posts like you have that just b/c they havent shown any safety data doesnt mean it isnt safe. All we have asked is how it was determined to be safe. Thats not to say that it isnt but if you dont test something for safety then how do you know?

Based on your posts maybe you should have worn the helmet sorry couldnt resist. You set it up too well...
Old 09-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You missed the point... might need to re-read my post without an agenda. (hint: someone was trying to make the leap that since SMC claims higher performance... therefore it MUST also mean that it's more dangerous. I was simply calling him on that false argument. COME ON... you can't say stuff like that without a valid reason.) But go ahead and start insulting me. WOW.

Yeah, lets' all assume that it's very likely that these WILL burn down your house... since they don't have data to prove it won't happen.

I have bought several brands of lipos and NO...I did NOT first demand to see safety data. I also grew up riding my bike without a tard helmet. Amazing I am still alive and never had to ride the short bus. (although possibly retarded after all)

Also, I never said it's not reasonable to ask a company for info concerning their product either.

Why don't you guys add up all the lipo sellers who have the kind of safety data you want to see from SMC. How many others have it??
It's actually not a false argument to state that one way to get additional voltage performance out of a lipo is to use a more volatile chemistry. Notice I didn't say SMC was using it, just giving an additional reason to want to know more detail. And actually, I can say stuff like that.

I'm not really impressed that you buy packs with zero research beforehand. Do have the same method for the radios/servos/cars/tires/etc?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

The Enerland cells Flightpower uses may have more voltage under load, but the cycle life graphs are pretty bad. It's not apparent how important that voltage under load is for 13.5 or 10.5 racing. Maybe it would mean a lot more in mod?

Don't get me wrong, I'd happily use Enerland cells, but what they gain in voltage they lose in cycle life. I need to find the charts, but I think they started dropping off after something like 20 cycles.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jack, battery matchers live and die by their (nimh) label numbers, will we see any kind of numbers on lipos ?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

WOW! You guys REALLY think your battery packs are supposed to last forever???? LMAO!!!!! The first thing the performance geeks will do is push the limits of any new technology. With Brushless it has been gearing....with LIPO it will be????? Charging above the recommended rate????? LOL Sacrificing cycle life for more performance????? LOL

The fact is that anyone that comes out with a battery that is .02 faster per lap will sell tons of them. You can not deny this FACT! So when sales of an Performance Pack far outstrip those of a safe but slow pack.....what then????? Guess what won't be on the market for long....need proof???? How many of you still run 3300s competitively??? LOL

LMAO!!!! I find this entire debate funny...too many armchair engineers in the mix....(not you Ling "FAILURE" Tong...I will take care of YOU on raceday!!!! LMAO!!!!)
Old 09-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Advil
WOW! You guys REALLY think your battery packs are supposed to last forever???? LMAO!!!!! The first thing the performance geeks will do is push the limits of any new technology. With Brushless it has been gearing....with LIPO it will be????? Charging above the recommended rate????? LOL Sacrificing cycle life for more performance????? LOL

The fact is that anyone that comes out with a battery that is .02 faster per lap will sell tons of them. You can not deny this FACT! So when sales of an Performance Pack far outstrip those of a safe but slow pack.....what then????? Guess what won't be on the market for long....need proof???? How many of you still run 3300s competitively??? LOL

LMAO!!!! I find this entire debate funny...too many armchair engineers in the mix....(not you Ling "FAILURE" Tong...I will take care of YOU on raceday!!!! LMAO!!!!)
I think we would take you more seriously if you used more !'s and ?'s
Old 09-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
I think we would take you more seriously if you used more !'s and ?'s
Hey now!!!! I NEVER asked anyone to take me SERIOUSLY! LMAO!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Hey now!!!! I NEVER asked anyone to take me SERIOUSLY! LMAO!!!!
You DIDN'T????????????? OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just having a little fun. No hard feelings.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

???I!!!COMPLETELY?!?DISAGREE!!!THE???PUNCTUATION!! !IS???NOTHING!!!WITHOUT???CAPSLOCK!!!

LOL???WTF???LMAO???RTFM???ROLFLMAO??? <- Don't forget these too
Old 09-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kuzo
???I!!!COMPLETELY?!?DISAGREE!!!THE???PUNCTUATION!! !IS???NOTHING!!!WITHOUT???CAPSLOCK!!!

LOL???WTF???LMAO???RTFM???ROLFLMAO??? <- Don't forget these too
IMHO!!!! THIS POST IS COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kuzo
ROLFLMAO??? <- Don't forget these too
Huh? Speel that one out for me OK. I am a simple man......
Old 09-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Huh? Speel that one out for me OK. I am a simple man......
Rolling on the floor laughing my a-- off. I think he mean ROTFLMAO
Old 09-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Actually you may want to take a moment to re-read the thread.

Based on your posts maybe you should have worn the helmet sorry couldnt resist. You set it up too well...
yeah... this guy shows that I knew I was setting myself up... and expected somebody to make good on it.

I don't really need to reread the thread because I was simply calling a spade a spade. Sorry I missed what safety data example you listed. So how many? There are dozens of lipo "companies" selling product. What percentage do you say have what you want?

It's actually not a false argument to state that one way to get additional voltage performance out of a lipo is to use a more volatile chemistry. Notice I didn't say SMC was using it, just giving an additional reason to want to know more detail. And actually, I can say stuff like that.

I'm not really impressed that you buy packs with zero research beforehand. Do have the same method for the radios/servos/cars/tires/etc?
Hmm... I actually have a reputation of doing research before buying stuff (inside joke in my family) but yeah I do buy a lot of stuff without doing research because it's not always necessary or available. If I want a servo for example... I'll pick up an Ace 1313 or 1015... no need to research whether it has any documents to show me it won't fry. Sorry, I have no idea if it's safe.

If you were not aiming your statements at SMC then why did you post them here? Sure looks like you are suggesting that they must be volatile... (since you referred to SMC claims that it performs great) what else could you mean?

You guys are entertaining.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Rolling on the floor laughing my a-- off. I think he mean ROTFLMAO
damn...I just lost the internet over a typo...
Old 09-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you were not aiming your statements at SMC then why did you post them here? Sure looks like you are suggesting that they must be volatile... (since you referred to SMC claims that it performs great) what else could you mean?

You guys are entertaining.
Either I misphrased it or you are reading too much into it. Let's try it this way: ONE way lipo cell manufacturers get better looking voltage numbers is by using a more volatile mix. Not saying SMC is using cells like this but it is one reason I'd like to see more info.

If it still sound like I'm accusing SMC of using more volatile cells to you let's just call it a day and agree we don't see things the same way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.